Please

One Last Night

 

 

It was 10:30 at night and I was still waiting for him to meet me at the park. I glanced at my watch again wondering what could be taking Lee Joon so long. I pulled my jacket closer across my chest as the winter breeze blew by. I looked up at the night sky staring at the moon and the stars which stared right back down at me. I gazed around watching the cars driving on the street;  the huge fountain in the middle of the park that had glowing lights dance in the water. I walked up to a wooden bench that was in front of the fountain and sat down on it. This is where I had my first date with Lee Joon, where we had our first kiss, and where I fell asleep in his warm arms as he held me tightly. This place meant a lot to me and I smiled, placing my hand on the wornout wood where our memories would always be imprinted here forever.

I glanced back down at my watch againit was a quarter to 11 now, I wondered what could be taking him so long. I stood up and walked around the bench relieving the cramps that where in my legs. I stared at the fountain watching the dancing lights and stretched my arms out.
~Min Ah!~
I turned around to the sound of my name and saw Lee Joon, walking over to me. 
~Oppa!~ I called out to him and ran into his arms, almost pushing him over. 
~Aigoo, did you wait long? Sorry I couldn't have come sooner~ I looked up at him and smiled and just hugged him even tighter. 
~What took you so long?~ I asked. ~I was starting to get worried about you.~  
Lee Joon smiled and brushed a strand of my hair back behind my ear. ~I'm sorry, I had something to take care of before I came here~ 
I looked into his eyes, something was wrong, Lee Joon wasn't acting like himself. Under the light of one of the street lamps that was above us I could see that his eyes were red with tiredness. ~Oppa kenchana? Waegurae?~ I put my hand on his forehead and felt that it was boiling hot. ~Oppa you're heating up!~ I took his hands which were hot as well and looked at his face again. I don't know why I didn't notice it before, but I saw that he had bruises all over his face and his face seemed to be strangely pale as well. ~What's wrong Oppa? Why are you so pale, are you sick?~  I put my hand on Lee Joon's forhead again but he took my hands away and placed his own hands on the side of my head.
He whispered to me saying, ~Min Ah, it's nothing. I just had something to do for you.~ His breathing was heavy and I could tell he was struggling to talk normally. His hands shook as he placed his forehead on mine. I could feel the head from his forehead as it traveled down my face giving me shivers down my spine. His lips were just inches away from my own, I wanted to lean in to kiss them but he had pulled his head back. 
~Ah, kure? But that still doesn't explain why you're acting weird.~ I asked him, looking for some kind of answer in his eyes. 
Lee Joon just smiled and kissed me on my forehead. ~There's nothing to worry about. I'm just feeling a little tired tonight.~ 
~But then why did you ask to meet me here?~, I asked.
Lee Joon looked at the ground and then took my hands again. ~I couldn't wait any longer to tell you. I needed to tell you tonight, before it was too late~ 
Lee Joon's breathing became more and more heavier, something was definitely off. ~To tell me what Oppa?~ 
Lee Joon barely spoke out his words. ~I...wanted to...to tell...to tell you...~ 
Suddenly, Lee Joon's eyes rolled to the back of his head and he collapsed on to the ground. 
~OPPA!~  I cried out and knelt down beside him trying to pull him up. ~Oppa! Kenchana? Oppa! Oppa!~ Lee Joon winced and placed his hand aound my waist. 
~Ergh.~ He whimpered and I slowly helped him to get up again.
~Oppa, here lean on me. I'll help you over to the bench.~
Lee Joon nodded and I slowly helped him walk over to it. He slumped down on the bench and swore under his breath. I saw him  his jacket and I covered my mouth with my hand and saw the amount of blood that was gushing out of a wound. 
~Oppa! What happened?~ I got down on my knees in front of him and examined the wound. It was very deep and the blood didn't stop but continued to flow from the wound. I stammered and said, ~We-we have to get you to a hospital now!~ I clumsily got up and reached down to help him up. 
~No. Don't.~ He grabbed onto my arm, motioning to me to stop. 
~Oppa, you're injured badly. You've lost a lot of blood we have to get you to a hospital.~
Lee Joon brought me back down in front of him and held my head in his hands. ~Ssh.~ He softly whispered to me. ~You're always over reacting with everything.~ He smiled and put his hands back onto his wound. He cringed at the sight of it and pulled the flap of his jacket to cover it.
I protested saying, ~Oppa, I'm not over reacting. You're bleeding badly and it's not stopping. Whether you like it or not I need to get you to a hospital~ I began to get up again but Lee Joon stopped me once again.  ~Just please stop...please just listen to me for once.~ 
I couldn't take it anymore. I had to put some sense into him. ~OPPA! Micheso? You're hurt and bleeding, and your sick and you just want me to stop to listen to you?~ Hot tears slid down my cheeks as I stared at him furiously. 
Lee Joon looked at me with hurt in his eyes. I bit my lip regretting the words that I had yelled at him. I knew Lee Joon had his reasons for getting hurt and for not telling me. He never told me what his work was and I suspected that was how he got his wound. But that was no excuse to not go to a hospital to get it treated. If he doesn't get help soon, he could...he could...I couldn't even say the word. It was too much of a nightmare for me. I shook my head getting the thought out of me. 
~Min Ah...~ I looked at Lee Joon and he took my hands again this time demanding that I sit down. I finally sighed and sat down next to him. ~Oppa. Please. Just let me take you to a hospital. You can tell me whatever you want to after you get treated~
Lee Joon smiled and said, ~It won't matter anyways. It's too late already.~ 
I shook my head and replied, ~No it's not. Don't say that. It's not too late.~ The tears just kept coming, I couldn't believe what Lee Joon was saying. How could he just calmly say with a smile that he was dying? 
~Min Ah. Please, I beg of you. Just listen to me.~ 
~No! I won't listen! I won't let you die here and I won't let you leave me!~ The words came blurting out my mouth. I didn't want to yell at him. But I was out of control. ~I told you before that you can still get help! What is so important that you can't just tell me later?!  Why do you have to be so arrogant?! Why can't you just appreciate that I want to help you?!~
~BECAUSE I DON'T DESERVE IT!~ 

I stumbled back surprised at his words. I had never heard Lee Joon yell before, let alone at me. ~What do you mean you don't deserve it?~
Lee Joon looked away from me and said, ~I lied to you. I was lying to you for so long. I can't accept any help from a person who I have lied to.~ 
I placed my hand on the side of his head so I could see him. ~Oppa. What are you saying? You've never lied to m--~ 
Lee Joon turned his head towards me and pressed his lips against mine. I was surprised at first but I kissed him back and put my arms around his neck. I felt the heat from his lips and the strength he gave as he kissed me. He placed his hand at the back of my head and his other hand down the back of my spine. My heart fluttered at his actions and I pulled myself closer to him. I felt his hot tears stream along his face as he continued to hold and kiss me. Eventually, he released his grasp around me and my heart sank down at the warm embrace that had stopped. 

~Will you listen to me now?~ He spoke with a smile across his face.
I nodded bashfully and felt my cheeks heat up. ~Oppa.~ I said quietly. 
~Don't worry. I won't leave you. Not right now; I'm still here with you.~
I sighed knowing that I couldn't do anything to change his mind. 
~Min Ah...what I'm about to tell you. I won't blame you if you get mad.~ 
~Oppa, I won't. I promise you.
Lee Joon took my hand into his and squeezed it. ~Ok...~