Denial

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 5

Now I know why this café offers high salary. After three hours working, I’ve realized that this café is never dead, the customer is even willing to wait for half or even an hour to get in. I was always wondering how Baekhyun seemed to never have difficulties in terms of money, I mean, he is not poor and he got allowance, too by his mother, but I know that his mother is really strict when it comes to her son, she didn’t want him to become dependant later, that is why she tells him to start earning at early age.

I guess this café only accepts good-looking employees, since the majority of the customer is girl and it’s obvious that they come for the four handsome waiters. Well since I’m accepted, too, I guess it’s safe to say that I can feel flattered, does it mean I’m good-looking, too? Hehehe, I’ll just take that as conclusion.

“Oppa, did you just fart?” My head instantly turn at the cashier, the place where Jong In is taking order, “Cause you just blew me away.” The girl in the line flirts, I can see that Kai is also flustered by the sudden pick-up-line, he laughs, “Here’s your change.” He smoothly says, making the girl pouts, because he is clearly not interested in her.

I avert my gaze to Baekhyun who is delivering the orders to the assigned table, probably because we joke a lot with each other, it’s come to the point where I forgot that he’s a man, too. Baekhyun is handsome, he has amazing voice, and smart, too. Why do I like Chanyeol instead? Why don’t I like Baekhyun instead?

“What are you looking at so intensely?” I yelp in surprise as I feel hot breath hitting my neck, looking behind, I see Kyungsoo staring at me innocently, “Why are you so surprised?” he blinks, probably confused, not knowing that I’m not used to be in this proximity with guys (other than Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Kris and Sungyeol).

“Sorry, space out a little.” I smile sheepishly at him, of course I won’t tell him that I’ve been staring at Baekhyun the whole time, that would be so awkward and plus, that silly Baek will definitely tease me about it forever, so no, this will be my secret. “Do you want to try making art coffee?” He suddenly asks, while pointing at the cute cat drawing on top of a coffee he just made.

My face brightens at his offer, and he chuckles upon seeing my reaction, I probably look funny but I don’t care, I nod at him frantically, “I’ll call Se Hun to switch with you.” He pats my head before disappearing to the dishes room, I guess Kyungsoo is the Casanova one, he’s so… touchy and he is clearly comfortable with being touchy.

Guess I have to get used to it.

 

 

 

 

I start to think that bringing her to my workplace is not a good idea, seeing at how fast the boys and her get along kind of scares me, one big annoying giant (read: Chanyeol) is enough as my rival, I don’t need these three to be my rivals, too. The fact that these three are also singles don’t help with my anxiousness.

Ugh.

“Really?? I live in that neighborhood, too!!” Se Hun states, eyes glimmering in surprise and happiness, “My house is number 14.”

I frown silently, Min Jung’s house is number 8, holy . “Seriously?” Min Jung responses, a look of surprise is seen in her eyes, “Then can I come over once in a while?” Se Hun smiles widely.

I know Se Hun is gonna ask that, he lives alone in that house, because both his parents are abroad, “Let’s play together, the five of us.” I nod my head, well, it’s fine having them coming over to her house, but at least I’m there to make sure nothing funny happens.

“Of course I have no objections, but I’m warning you all.” She suddenly says, “I have a very-“ she looks at us one by one, oh right, I know what she’s going to say, “-very protective brother, and it’s not only one, but two. So maybe they’ll be kind of hard to you.”

“Doesn’t matter.” Jong In waves his hand immediately, “We’re especially good at stealing people’s hearts, no matter which gender they are.” He grins cockily, I am not objecting that one, because Jong In is good at making people like him, he’s fun and sometimes wild, but that’s just his charms.

Shrugging her shoulders, Min Jung gives us a lop-sided smile, “My brothers are especially good at picking the littlest thing, so be ready.”

 

 

 

 

I know the moment I step into the living room, this view will immediately greets me, my two brothers waiting for me while sitting on the couch. I feel their eyes following my every move, making me nervous, but I won’t let my poker face down.

Kris sighs and asks, “Where have you been?”

“Work.” I answer curtly, and head upstairs, though I know I will end up sitting on the couch with my two brothers, with them scolding me probably, I don’t know. “We need to talk, Min Jung.” Sungyeol grabs my wrist, stopping me from advancing upstairs.

I look at him and pull my hand from his grip before sitting on the armchair, crossing my arms and right leg over the left, leaning back and stare at them wordlessly. “What?”

There is a pause, as they both exchanged gazes, Kris finally starts again, “We want to apologize.” He clears his throat, they want to apologize? Well that’s new, I thought they were going to scold me about this whole thing right away. I keep quie

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter