Cookies

W A I T I N G
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13

 

“Chanyeol, let’s break up.”

All the movements momentarily stopped as Jin Ri spurted those words out, everyone were obviously waiting Chanyeol’s answer. Min Jung worriedly looked at Chanyeol who was in the middle of eating his bowl of cereal. But goodness, Chanyeol totally blew them away with his response.

With the calmest voice, Chanyeol nodded, “Okay.”

That was it.

Baekhyun’s jaw dropped at that instant, that was it? He thought Chanyeol would cry and beg on his knees asking Jin Ri not to leave him. Definitely, the answer of ‘Okay’ had never crossed his mind. But right then, it was happening right in front of him.

And obviously, the one who got a little bit startled with his calm response was not only him, Min Jung and Jin Ri were lost at words, just like him. “Excuse me?” Jin Ri cleared , did I hear wrongly? “I just ask for a break up.” She repeated herself, looking at Chanyeol in a complete disbelief.

With a baffled expression, Chanyeol looked up from his almost empty bowl, “Yeah, and I said ‘Okay’, is it that hard for you to understand?” he looked at Jin Ri oddly. If someone seen him with Jin Ri for the first time that day, it would never cross their mind that he had once fell in love so hard with her. It almost looked like he hated her with his gut.

Wow, wow, wow. Chanyeol was surprising them in many ways that day, is that sarcasm I hear from him? Min Jung blinked in surprise. Jin Ri had a hard time keeping her face cool, the relaxed response from Chanyeol totally caught her off guard, she expected him to beg her not to break up with her, that was why she was doing this in front of Min Jung, to make her jealous.

But this, was something definitely out from her expectation. Instead of making Min Jung jealous, she embarrassed herself in front of Min Jung.

A knock on the door was the one breaking the tense atmosphere, with Chanyeol smiling to Jin Ri, a smile that didn’t reach her eyes, “Kris must be waiting for you.” He said as he nodded his head towards the door.

Jin Ri bit her lips and clenched her fists out of annoyance, her plan to make Min Jung jealous was completely ruined, and in addition, she ended up embarrassing herself in front of Min Jung, Baekhyun and Chanyeol. With the humiliation pressing tightly on her skin, she stormed out from the villa to meet her other lovers.

Whom she was going to lose too, soon.

 

 

 

 

 

“Kris must be waiting for you.” I look at her, smiling, a smile that indicates that I no longer care about her, that everything between us is over. I guess she knows what I mean totally, seeing that annoyed expression that I once thought adorable, now when I see her face, all I can think of is the betrayal, the lies, the wicked mind of her.

And the stupid me, who had hurt my best friend Min Jung and Baekhyun for the sake of her selfishness and my stupidity.

As Jin Ri is finally out from the house, there is a painfully awkward silence hanging in the air, and I know, the cause of this wrecked relationship between us is because of me. I avert my gaze to Min Jung who is looking at me, too.

We hold our gazes for a second before she finally broke it, “I’m going to take a walk.” She murmurs and quickly escapes, escaping herself from me. I know Baekhyun is looking at me right now, he probably wonders what happened to me to evoke such reaction.

I heard Jin Ri and Min Jung’s conversation, I couldn’t sleep the whole night, I kept thinking about Min Jung’s words all over my head. My unreasonable hatred towards her, I was one hundred percent sure that I have been stupid all along once they finished their conversation.

Don’t hurt Chanyeol.

I remember Min Jung’s voice inside my head, loud and clear.

Do you have any idea that I am in love with you?

Flooding my heart each time with regret and guilt.

 

 

 

 

 

Both me, and Chanyeol, haven’t spoken since the school trip. The relationship between me and him is beyond broken, and I’m depressed because of it. Though he is ignorant, but he is still my best friend, he was the one coloring each and every day in my life before, and it is hard imagining myself in the future without him being in the frame.

“Hey.” A hand appears in my vision, snapping itself loudly, I look to the side and see Kyungsoo looking at me with his eyebrows furrowed, seems like there is something concerning him, “Yeah?”

Without warning the back of his hand quickly reaches my bare forehead, completely startling me with his sudden and unexplainable act, “Huh?” I blink as I unconsciously take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter