Forty eight

Twisted Fate

Two days later, Kris appeared at Yeomin’s company. He fixed his blazer and hair and walked towards the elevators. By now, he had remembered Eun Mi’s schedule and he was more than happy that he had some free time. Although they’d seen each other two days ago, he missed her more and more each day they were apart.

“Guess who,” Kris covered Eun Mi’s eyes and whispered close to her ears.

“I need to clean,” Eun Mi responded.

Kris put his hands down and turned Eun Mi around. “You are no fun at all,” he pouted.

“I need to work to earn money Kris,” Eun Mi turned back towards the window. Although she was acting this way towards Kris, she was more than happy to see that Kris had visited her. She somehow had the thought that she wouldn’t be able to see Kris for another week or so, but she found her theory wrong.

“Why are you being like this? Did anything happen?” Kris hugged her waist from behind. Seeing no reply from Eun Mi, his hands rested on her waist and she squirmed.

“Don’t,” she warned.

Kris chuckled.

“Kris, don’t,” she repeated.

A huge laughter broke out of Eun Mi as she moved around, trying to get away from Kris who was busy tickling her. He trapped her with his arm and with this other free hand, he continued to tickle her.

“Stop,” she pushed his hands away and managed to break free. “You’re so annoying,” she peeled off her gloves and washed her hands with a sanitizer.

 “I’m your annoying Kris,” he grinned.

“You’re going to get me into trouble if we get caught by the manager,” Eun Mi pushed him away as he tried to come closer.

He caught her hands in the process and intertwined their fingers together. “Hold my hand,” he ordered.

Eun Mi smiled and clasped onto his hands. Kris pulled her close and gave her a peck on her forehead.

“If only I wasn’t so busy then I would’ve kissed you like crazy,” Kris mumbled.

“Such an exaggerator,” Eun Mi laughed. Their hands swung back and forth as they moved around in the empty hallway.

Empty? Well, that’s what they thought.

“I’m so happy to be in-laws with you,” Mrs Park smiled as she gracefully took small steps.

“I have to say the same. Our children are such a cute couple, don’t you think?” Mrs Wu clasped her hands together and smirked. However, that smirk was wiped right off her face when she looked forward and saw her son and a girl holding hands and smiling at each other. And boy did they seem in-love.

“Isn’t that your son?” Mrs Park pointed out.

Mrs Wu took a deep breath and walked towards her son, followed by Mrs Park. Hearing the clicking of heels, Kris and Eun Mi looked up and immediately, Kris let go of Eun Mi’s hands and moved away.

Eun Mi was flustered, nonetheless, she stood still. *Isn’t this Kris’ mother?*

Mrs Wu stopped right in front of Eun Mi and looked at her emotionlessly. “Kris, what are you doing here?” she turned to Kris and gave him a look.

“Hello Kris,” Mrs Park came afterwards. “And who may this lady be here?” she turned to Eun Mi, raising a brow.

“Hello, I am Lee Eun Mi and I work here,” Eun Mi bowed, trying to be polite.

Mrs Park just nodded and looked at Kris. “What brings you here Kris?” she questioned.

“I’m here to see Yeomin,” he replied.

Eun Mi’s eyebrows gathered in confusion and automatically, slightly parted. Mrs Wu noticed this and sent Eun Mi a small glare. “Well then, we are about to have lunch with Yeomin at the restaurant. Why don’t you come with us?” she suggested.

Kris looked back at Eun Mi worriedly and she knew that he was telling her to play along. “Sure,” Kris smiled.

“Well then let’s go,” Mrs Park walked off, followed by Kris and his mother.

He turned around about to send Eun Mi a signal that he’ll call her later but he stopped in his tracks when he saw his mother standing right in front of the girl he loves.

“If I were you, I’d stay away from him. Kris isn’t the type to be honest during a relationship,” Mrs Wu warned.

Eun Mi stared at Mrs Wu and watched as the woman left.

Mrs Wu grabbed Kris’ arms and turned him around so he wasn’t facing Eun Mi. “I warned you before,” she hissed.

----

Today is Luhan’s birthday. Yeomin and Eun Mi finally managed to meet up earlier and discussed about Luhan’s party whilst at his workplace. They phoned Kris and told him the news and finally D-day has come.

“Where the hell is Kris?” Eun Mi mumbled, looking out the window.

“I’m here! Sorry I’m late!” Kris yelled as he walked through the doors.

“Took you long enough,” Eun Mi crossed her arms.

Kris smiled and looked over at Yeomin. “Sup,” he waved.

“Why are you flirting with my girlfriend?” Luhan raised a brow jokingly. Kris immediately lowered his hands and looked at Eun Mi.

“Baby,” he cooed, catching her by the waist.

“Urgh,” Eun Mi shook him off her and walked into the kitchen.

“Let’s get this party started!” Luhan smiled.

---

“Kris, truth or dare?” Eun Mi questioned.

The couples were 10 minutes into the truth or dare game and already there were a lot of truths like: Eun Mi still often drooling in her sleep, when Luhan was little he liked dressing up as a girl and Kris once took a number 2 in the bath tub.

“Truth,” Kris answered.

“Urgh, why so boring? No one is doing dare,” Luhan whined.

“Then why didn’t you do it?” Kris pointed.

“Because I want to see you guys do it,” he smiled.

Kris rolled his eyes and shifted his attention back to Eun Mi.

“Are you sure you’re not hiding anything from me?” she looked at Kris in the eye.

Yeomin looked at Eun Mi and her fingers fiddled with each other nervously.

“Yes. I’m sure that I am not hiding anything from you,” Kris spoke as his eyes stayed glued on Eun Mi’s.

“Wow, so personal and deep,” Luhan laughed.

Yeomin sighed and looked at Kris. She knew that Kris lied right in front of Eun Mi, yet she couldn’t say anything to her one and only best friend.

“Truth or dare Luhan,” Eun Mi smiled.

“Oh my turn already? Dare.”

Eun Mi and Kris looked at each other smiled mischievously.

“Are you kidding me?” Luhan tried to cover his chest. His ears gone red due to embarrassment.

His dare was to take off his shirt and run up and down the street shouting ‘Fire! Fire’.

“No. Why would we? You wanted a dare didn’t you,” Eun Mi chuckled.

Luhan looked over at Yeomin, signalling for her to help him. She laughed and shook her head. “A dare is a dare oppa.”

Luhan grunted and walked out the door. Luhan completed his dare with weird looks given by the citizens and laughter from the 3 people watching in the house.

Finishing up the game of truth or dare, Kris and Luhan decided to sit in front of the television and watch whatever was on whilst Eun Mi and Yeomin prepared food.   

“Oh! My favourite drama is on!” Luhan jumped up from his seat excitedly. After preparing the rice, Eun Mi and Yeomin went out and joined Luhan and Kris. Luhan and Yeomin were cuddled up on the couch while Kris and Yeomin were leaning against the front of the couch, holding hands.

“What is this drama about that makes you so excited Luhan?” Eun Mi questioned, not really into the drama.

“It’s about 4 people who are all friends. Two get arranged marriage and stuff happens,” Luhan quickly explained.

“What? Can you please explain it in more detail?” Eun Mi turned around to Luhan.

“Okay let’s put it this way,” Luhan raised his hands in mid air. By now, all eyes were on Luhan as he explained the drama. “I’m going to use us four as an example alright? So, there are 2 couples Kris and Eun Mi, Luhan and Yeomin and they are all friends. One day I get stuck into an arrange marriage with Eun Mi –wait not that is so disgusting. Let’s say Kris and Yeomin gets stuck into an arrange marriage.”

Kris’ hands suddenly tightened on Eun Mi’s hands. She looked at Kris and looked back at Luhan. Yeomin looked down at Kris and back at the drama. The girl was crying in her room as she hugged the doll that her boyfriend gave her.  

“So Kris and Yeomin got into an arrange marriage but they didn’t tell us two because they want to figure out the whole situation by themselves and try and get out of the marriage. From there on, everything was messed up. Bad.” Luhan clucked his tongue.

“Wow, that is really messed up,” Eun Mi sighed, looking back at the television.

Kris looked at Eun Mi’s side profile and his throat went dry. If Luhan and Eun Mi know that this is actually happening to them right now then how would they feel?

“I know right? That’s why I love this drama! There’s so much tension,” Luhan clapped his hands.

The drama ended 30 minutes later and Luhan and Eun Mi went into the kitchen to prepare food. Yeomin went into the toilet to fix up her make up from crying before during the drama whilst Kris sat in the living room alone. Throughout the drama, Eun Mi’s and Luhan’s eyes were focused on the drama while Yeomin cried in some scenes due to the relation with the girl protagonist and her. Kris’ eyes wondered around and he fiddled with the empty plate beside him.

Yeomin finally came out of the toilet and Luhan rushed to her immediately.

“Are you okay now?” he questioned.

“Of course. Sorry for crying and ruining everyone’s mood,” she apologised.

“It’s okay. I was about to cry to but I didn’t cause it wouldn’t look manly,” he chuckled.

“Manly? Honey you lost that ages ago now get your in here and help me!” Eun Mi yelled from the kitchen.

“I’ll help,” Yeomin volunteered.

“Nah, I’ll do it. Stay here and play around,” Luhan patted her shoulder and headed back in the kitchen.

Yeomin walked towards Kris and sat down beside him on the couch.

“Are you alright?” he turned to her.

“Yeah,” Yeomin’s voice croaked. Seeing Kris threatened her tears to fall out all over again but because of Luhan’s party, she tried to hold it in.

“No! You can’t do that!” Eun Mi raised her voice.

“Why not?!” Luhan continued doing what he was doing.

“Do you want to chop off your fingers? Put it down like this,” Eun Mi showed Luhan how to cut the vegetables. “Who on earth cuts the carrot while it’s on its end?”

“Me?” Luhan pointed to himself.

The two kept on bickering as Kris and Yeomin stared at them, shaking their heads.

“What do you want to watch? Pororo is on now,” Kris asked.

“Um, anything would do.”

“Alright then,” Kris randomly picked a channel.

“Breaking news! The heir of Wu Corporations, Kris Wu, and daughter of the Park Enterprise, Park Yeomin, are rumoured to be engaged.”