Awake

The Dragon Clan

Chen stared at me, his eyes looked different but I still deadly fear them. I crawled back in an impulse but the fear had already take control over my body. Animmense pain at the back of my head made me lean closer to him even tough I wanted to be as far as way as possible from him. The monster who tried to kill me, an EXO member. How could this be happening? I was sure I saw his corpse. The blood kept pouring from his wounds, no person could have survived something like that... Well he wasn't exactly a person.

Another stabbing pain me, this time I heard the voice of Kevin at the back of my head. "Alice! You're losing control! Go back to your body!" His words mixed with my thoughts made my head spin, I wasn't sure what to do anymore. "Alice! Focus!" Again his words resounded in my head. The pain was still there, and it only got worse with time. I had to go back to my body. Immediately.

I imagined going back to my body, but the image of the Chen's eyes looking at me, piercing my flesh. It scared and hurt me. One more time I tried. This time I notice a change, I took a deep breath, drops of sweat poured down my spine, my hands touched my chest and the softness made me smile. I was back in my body.

"That was kind of creepy."

The voice of the chained man, startled me. His voice sounded different, I wanted to look at him, face him, but the fear made my body unable to move. Kevin glanced at me, waiting for me to explain him, but my throat was dry and no words seemed to come out. I looked at Chen for a second, the images of him hurting me reappeared in my mind, I cringed. Tears threat to pour down my face.

"Alice, what's wrong?" Kevin hold me and cover Chen from my sight. I felt relieved to have Kevin by my side.

His chained, he can't harm you. Kevin wouldn't let him.

"He is an EXO member, he... he tried to kill me!"

Kevin eyes open wide, his hold got stronger, his breathing became heavier. I could feel his rage rising. His hand closed in a fist and in a blink of an eye, he was on top of Chen, his fist on the air, knuckles white and a glare that sent shivers down my spine. Maybe I would have let him hit Chen, but Chen looked as scared as I was when he tried to kill me.

"Wait Kevin!"Finally I was able to spit some words. The look in Chen's eyes, there was something wrong.

"Alice, he harmed you! Please don't ask me to stop!"He was stilling holding Chen's collar, but his grip was little bit less tight.

"Drop him, he's chained, remember? He can't touch me" Kevin pushed him down, and Chen groan in pain. "Look EXO member, there's something we have to discuss. If you don't talk, I'm pretty sure my friend here will make you."

I try to look as serious and confident as I could even tough I was freaking scared.

"That won't be necessary, Miss." Chen said while touching his ribs. His voice was husky, maybe because of the lack of water. I could tell he hadn't taste a drop because of his dry lips.

"Spill everything you know."

"I'm a very aware of your position in the Dragon Clan, and I know what you want to discuss, but before that I need to deeply apologize... It wasn't me, I would have never hurt a dragon!"

"Well, by the way your claws dig in my flesh. I'm pretty sure you were determined to kill me." I answer him with a smirk in my face.

"No, no it wasn't me! I mean it was me, but I wasn't aware of what was happening. I was being manipulate!" He said with a look of mercy in his eyes.

By the way he looked at me, I knew there was some truth in what he said but trusting the guy who tried to kill me wasn't really an intelligent move. I bite my lip in a nervously way and finally came up with an answer.

"I'll give you one shot, just ONE SHOT for you to explain everything."

His smile warmly at me and nodded enthusiastically. "It all happened a while ago, back in China. You must have heard about my clan, our powers. We're witches." I nodded and look at him to continue, I looked at Kevin and he stood by my side holding my hand.

"One day we were visited by someone, no, something. He told us he needed revenge, he wanted to start a war with the dragon clan. We weren't interest in something evil and dangerous like that so we told him to leave, but..." He stopped and took a deep breath. "He said that if we didn't follow him, he would force us. He transformed into something, it was then we realized he was a dark dragon."

Kevin let go of my hand and step backwards, he looked confused and scared. "That's impossible!" I was very confuse and looked from Chen to Kevin begging with my eyes for an explanation. 

"He knocked us down and made us drink his blood, that was the reason I had those wings and claws. No witch has something like that! You have to believe me!"

Everyone remained silent, I still didn't understand but by the way Kevin reacted it meant this was something serious. 

"Could someone explained me, what a dark dragon is?"

Kevin ruffled his hair, and took a deep breath. "A dark dragon is something very dangerous. This dragons lost their soulmate and too much pain makes them a monster. Usually they're taken down the moment they become a dark dragon."

The words Seungri told me once resounded in my mind. He had told me about this. "Why would they harm their own?" I couldn't believe a dragon wanted to harm there own kind. The way the boys took care of each other, I thought dragons supported each other.

"He's not a dragon anymore. He only wants revenge. I'm not sure what are his reasons but he wants to destroy specifically your clan" He looked at me, waiting for me to answer but I was speechless. "You understand now, right? I was being forced."

"How could his blood, transformed you into that?" 

"I assume you know dragons are the strongest creatures in our world, of course their blood is as powerful as them. A dark dragon's blood is 10 times stronger. The moment his blood entered our body, we we're done. His soldiers, minions, puppets."

"Unbelievable." 

I felt how my body went cold, this was too much knowledge for one day. I support my body on Kevin's and he touch my shoulder reassuringly. A few minutes passed and everyone seemed to getting better. Chen wasn't afraid anymore and Kevin seemed to be understanding the whole thing, it was only me who still felt something was missing.

"I believe you Chen, but there's something that still doesn't fit. How aren't you being manipulated by the dark dragon now, or how do I know you're not lying to me? Why are you even alive?"

Chen nodded and scratch his head. "How should I explain you... Do you remember when I was about to kill you? A dragon came to your rescue and we fought." Of course I remembered it was the first time I saw Seunghyun's face so serious. "Yes." 

"Well that day, I was bleeding to death. After the protectors saved you, that dragon came back and bring me here, then chained me. He somehow healed my wounds. When I woke up, I explained him. I think that when I bled out, the blood of the dark dragon left my body." Chen said with a sad smile on his face.

Why did Seunghyun hide him?

"I believe you, Chen. I just need one to know one more thing."

"Sure. What is it?"

"I'm looking for a man. He's in here, asleep." I realized after my words left my mouth, how silly it sounded.

Chen's reaction was strange, his eyes looked down and I could tell he was nervous. "A man asleep, PFF. No, never heard of that."

I couldn't believe how cute this witch looked. Kevin looked at him weirdly and laugh somehow.

"Come on, even I know you're lying." Kevin said.

Chen moved awkwardly and tried to stood up, thankfully the chains were long enough for him to stand. 

"Look, if I say anything. The soldier dragon will rip my limbs apart, and I'm quoting his exact words." Chen said in almost a whisper.

"I'll make sure, your limbs stay where they're suppose to, but please cooperate with me." I said while getting closer to him. I didn't fear him anymore.

Chen looked at me for a moment, and then Kevin. "Promise?" He said with a hint of fear on his voice. 

"I promise" I said extending my hand to him. "Help me. You owe me." 

He hesitated a little before taking my hand and smiling. "There was one time that the soldier dragon came, I pretended to be asleep because I was afraid of him. I saw him breaking a seal or some kind of magic, after that a coffin emerged from the ground. It was creepy, I had never seen something like that." The voice of Chen seemed to break."When he noticed I was awake he almost killed me, his eyes were different... I was so scared. Thankfully he got back to his senses, he let go of me with just a warning."

"From where the did coffin emerged?"

"A few meters away" Chen pointed the direction and I walked until he told me to stop. "Right there.."

"Chen, do you perhaps remember what did Seun.. I mean the soldier dragon did or said to make the coffin emerge?"

Chen bit his lip, and thought for a moment "He didn't say anything, but when approach him, I smelled a scent of blood."

Kevin's eyes open wide and he snap his fingers. "That's it. Only the blood of a dragon can call another dragon. Never heard of that?"

"Dare to explain yourself?" 

"It must be a protective spell. Only those with blood of a dragon can wake him up."I processed his words in my mind and I curse once I get it. "So... I can't wake him up?" I kicked the dust and ruffled my hair annoyed. 

Chen mumbled something but I barely heard it "What Chen?" He finally spit some words"But... Practically you're part of the Dragon Clan so it might work. We could try..."

One chance... Hope, that's all I need.

"Let's try" Just as I finished my sentence, Kevin hold my hand and plead with his eyes for me to stop. "Don't." I smiled at his affection and slowly removed his hand from my wrist. I squeeze his hand reassuringly and smiled warmly at him. "This is what I've been looking, with you by my side, I can make it." He nodded and sighed. 

"What should I do, Chen?"

"Well we need some of your blood..."

I looked at Kevin and offer him my hand. "What?" 

"You've got claws. Pinch me." 

"Hell no. My purpose in life is to make sure you don't shred a drop of blood and you're literally asking me to hurt you. No, never."

I stared at him pouting, I hoped he helped me. "Just one drop, please?"

"Aish, you should learn how to use your powers, Alice. This way I wouldn't have to hurt, you could just pop out a sword or something." He said while taking my hand in his. "What are you talking about, silly?" 

"Don't underestimated the powers of an Alice. These chain can practically transform into anything you need, made by the strongest metal of all. You just have to wish for it."

"Rea.. Agh!"

"It was just a pinch."

A fat drop of blood formed in the tip of my finger. "Now what Chen?"

"Let it drop to the floor."

I squeezed my finger and let the blood hit the floor. I waited for some seconds but nothing seemed to happen. I tried not to look as disappointed as I felt. "At least we tried..."Just as I finish my sentence, a loud noise rumbled the whole crypt. The floor started shaking and cracks opened.

"Alice!" Kevin hold me and jump backwards, the earth where I use to stand was wide opened.

I closed my eyes, and when I opened them again the noise was gone, the place had stop shaking, and a big altar with a coffin on top of it had appeared.

"Is that...perhaps" I couldn't finish, I was in shock. He was there. Asleep. Waiting.

Kevin pushed me slowly. "Go, I'm right behind you."

I nodded and walked directly to the coffin, dodging the cracks on the earth. I arrived and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. I look at the wooden coffin and softly caress the lid. I pushed it up slowly and stayed in awe looking at the man inside it. I felt like someone else, like out of my body.

A blonde hair man, lay on the coffin, with his eyes beautifully close and long eyelashes. His hands fell beautifully to his sides. His face was flawless and so was his entire body. My hands shake, I close them for a moment and then tried to reach for him face. I wanted to feel if he was real. I touched his cheeck and jumped a little when I found out it was incredibly warm.

"Chen, how can I wake him up?" I asked loudly to the chained witch.

Chen yelled to answer "I'm not sure! Try blood!"

I looked at my finger, and squeeze some more to get a single drop. I put it close to his lips and hope he magically woke up, but he didn't. I was about to retrieve my hand when a excruciatingly pain made me bend. I hold to the leader's coffin for balance.

"What is it, Alice!" 

"My belly, agh! Something hurts inside me!" 

Kevin hold me and accidentally touched the leader's arm. My pain left, and for a moment a deadly silence appeared in the room. 

I'm not sure how to describe what happened next. I closed my eyes for a second and something appeared. Out of nowhere. White fur, 4 paws and roar that stopped my heartbeat. 

Kevin protected me with his body. "It's a wolf spirit." He said like if I understood, when he noticed I remained quiet, he explained "Wolves are very protective of their territory, a witch or someone with enough magic knowledge can put a spell to something. Making the wolf protect it and attack. I think the leader was under the spell. Since I'm an outsider, when I touched him the wolf wake up."

I breath harshly, my heart beating was going crazy. "What should we do?" I whispered scared. "If he attacks, we'll have to defend ourselves." My body continued trembling. "I'll protect you, always."

His voice reassured me somehow. The wolf moved slowly, sniffing his surroundings, never leaving us out of its sight. I remained motionless for what it seemed like hours, until the sound of chains startled me. It was Chen. He looked as scared as I did. He mouthed something, I looked at him directly, trying to figure out what he was saying.  It was impossible. He sighed. Kevin had been watching the whole but noticed Chen words. I felt Kevin hand clenching around mine and nodded Chen.

"RUN!" Chen jingled his chains and draw the wolf attention to him. Kevin pull me strongly to his side and run to the exit. Everything was going so fast, the wolf, Kevin, the world. 

I stopped running and unconsciously run to Chen's side, dragging Kevin with me. The wolf was about to jump and rip Chen's throat when we arrived and pushed it back with our linked chain.

"I won't let someone die because of me. Never. You won't become a sacrifice. Stupid witch." I didn't believe what my mouth was saying, but it was the truth. No one will ever die because of me. Nor the boys, Kevin or Chen.

The wolf was going back to its feet and Kevin was preparing for an attack. I looked to our chains and realized that Kevin wouldn't be able to fight if he had me chained to him. I remembered his words. 

I can do anything...

The wolf was running to ourselves, I hold the chain in my hand and crushed with all my might. Nothing. Come on. The wolf was really near. Chen was praying silently and Kevin seemed really nervous. "Break!" It finally did and Kevin jumped gracefully. He knocked the wolf and run to the other side of the crypt, making the wolf follow him.

Chen fell to his knees and I hugged him. His hot tears wet my shoulder, and I realized I was also crying. I tried to look strong, but I'm not. 

"Thank you." Chen whispered.

I tried to answer but the words didn't seem to pass my tight throat.  For a moment we forgot about Kevin. It wasn't until we heard a horrible scream. The wolf had bitten Kevin in the shoulder, his body was bleeding, I started to feel light headed. It was Chen's turn to hold me. My shoulder was covered in blood. We were really connected.

I was strating to faint, when I heard a very familiar voice approaching. 

"EUN MI!" It was him. 

I heard several footsteps and between my light moments, I saw my boys. The wolf was nowhere to be seen. Kevin was being holded by Seungri and Taeyang. Everyones was busy except Seunghyun, he was seeing something. He couldn't retrieve his eyes from it. 

"Seunghyun?" I called.

Everybody turn to look at me, an then at him. It was there they saw. The beauty of a dragon awakening. 

He was awake, he was here. We could fight. There was hope.

 


I'm sorry for everything...

I know I don't deserve any of my suscribers. 

ALL OF YOU were supporting me and I let all of you down.

Sorry guys.

Sorry for taking years to update...