The more the merrier PART 2

The Dragon Clan

"Yah! Kevin!"

I yelled with my last energy. My legs were trembling, and I couldn't hold anymore, I sat and the wet rock made my back cooler. My throat was aching for air, I could barely control my breathing. Beads of sweat kept running down my forehead and neck, I tried to keep them out of my eyes but every once in a while a sneaky drop of sweat would hit my eyes and made me stop in pain.

"What is it Alice?"

"Wait for me, you're walking too fast"

In an amazing speed, Kevin run by my side and kneeled in front of me. His hands touched my sweaty forehead and his hands rub my shoulder trying to relax me. We were the only souls in the crypt. The mouse had refuse to come in, for some reason it wasn't happy around Kevin, maybe because he was a cat. I don't really know.

"I'm sorry Alice." His eyes showed again remorse, and he kept murmuring stuff to himself all the way to the crypt. "I'm sorry for being so lame. I can't even notice when you're tired."

"Kevin, how many times must I tell you it's not your fault. Of course you can't know I'm tired until I tell you. Or are you some kind of seer? "

His face lighted up and his lips made a genuine smile. "Thanks Alice..For everything."

I offered him a kind smile and sighed.

Lets continue.

I stood up and remove the dirt of my sweaty pants. Somehow I felt with more energy.

"Are you sure it's here?"

My voice was husky, maybe because of the lack of water. I felt a bead of sweat rolling down my forehead. Locks of hair kept sticking to my neck and I couldn't help but feel disgusted. I did not remember the crypt being so hot and stretch. I cleaned my forehead with my bare hand and the cold metal of my bracelet cool down my hot forehead. 

"It's the only crypt in this woods, so I'm sure it's here."

"Well then, lets keep going."

"Sure"

Kevin continue walking, but this time he waited for me. He continue whispering to himself and every once in a while, he would stop and look at me, to then sigh and turn around.

"Is there something you want to tell me?"

"It would be easier for me to help you find what you're looking for, if you told me what is that thing we're looking for."

I tried to suppress my giggles but failed and ended up bursting into loud laughter. My guffaws echoed in the crypt and Kevin eyes were looking at me like if I had gone mad.

"Did I say something funny, Alice?" Kevin said in a shy voice.

"Yah! What happened to the cunning and secure cat I met in the woods? Now you're just a shy kitten!"

"I'm sorry...All of this is new to me."

"Tell me that. I used to be a normal human girl and then in a blink of an eye, I'm the mother of a dragon clan and apparently an Alice." I shook the chain around my wrist and smiled at him. "I want you to be comfortable with me, even though I just now you and you could harm me, I trust you. So tell me anything you want, okay?"

Kevin laughed shyly and walked right beside me. He took my hand and place it in his chest, were I could feel his beating heart. His eyes showed great passion and my cheeks flushed red.

"I'll never hurt you. My life is yours, and so is my heart. Thank you for accepting me." He kissed my hand and his lips curved up in a beautiful smile.

OH MY GOD. How can all the magic creatures I've met be this cheesy?

I retrieve my hand shyly and continue walking or more like running. I couldn't let him see my flushed face! He just giggled and continue walking, not letting me out of his sight.

We walked for some more time but stopped when I saw a beam of light.

"Wait, I think we've arrived."

Kevin stopped in his tracks and examine the place. The place were I had take my vows in front of Seunghyun brought back the memories of that night. I started to miss Seunghyun. The anger was gone but replaced by homesickness.

I can't believe I already think of the castle as my home...

"Alice?"

"Yeah?"

"Is the thing you're looking for, a human?"

My body tensed, was the leader there? I couldn't believe it. A feeling of fear invaded my body.

"How did you know?"

"Well..."

Kevin pointed at something in the corner of the room. It did not move but I heard a faint breathing. 

It must be him

There was no light in the corner, and I could hardly see but I recognize a bulge and walked directly at it, Kevin behind me followed up. Once I was close enough I notice it was indeed a man. My hands approached him carefully, but hit something cold, I realize it was a chain. 

Would Seunghyun chain our leader? 

"Kevin, I can't see. Could you look for some light?"

He was about to leave, when he turn around and stare at me.

"I have something better. You know a cat eyes are extremely good right? Especially at dark places."

"Yeah. So?"

"Well as an Alice, you can become my eyes."

I scoffed. "Kevin this is something serious! Go bring me a light"

Kevin looked at me really serious. "I'm not lying Alice. The bracelet in your wrist unlocks your powers. There are million things you'll be able to do, and being my eyes is one of the most simple powers you have."

"Pardon me? Kevin are you nuts?"

"Try it. You'll have to develop your powers one day, won't you?"

I processed his words, and realize it was a nice idea. I nodded at him.

"Lets try it."

Kevin kneeled beside me, close enough to the chained person. "Relax." He touched my hand and close his eyes. "Focus on leaving your body, remember the chain makes us one." Kevin continue talking but I couldn't hear him, his voice disappeared. I was very concentrated.

I felt my body lighter, almost like a feather. Drops of water hit the floor somewhere in the crypt and that's all I could focus on. I opened my eyes, and saw myself. I moved next to the chained man, who seemed to be waking up.

"Kevin, I did it!"

I turned around and look at the still unknown man. I planned on looking at his face, but it was his eyes, the ones that I couldn't look away. 

Those eyes, that had already looked at me. I remembered them, how could I forget them.

 

"Chen..?"

 

 


You didn't saw that one coming did you? EXO M IS BACK!

I'm really grateful for all the comments. I want to burst in tears! SO MUCH LOVE!

That is me when I read one of your comments ^^

I send a hug to all my subscribers!

Comment ^^ Don't be shy :)