Chai Tea Latte

Caramel Macchiato

 

The alarm clock started ringing, on normal days, the poor snooze button would have been abused, but today, I was already up and on my laptop.

‘7am already, I should start getting ready for work.’

I got up from my bed and some music whilst getting ready.

‘Hello it’s me, Lee Cherry. I’m back! Haha. The reason why I am up this early is because I needed to finish my work for University… Oh right, haha. It’s been a year since my life changed, and I became more independent. I’m already half a term into my course; I’m studying Psychology at Seoul University. I’ve got lessons in the morning and then at 12 I start work, I used to work full time but now I work part time because of my studies.’

I got ready and packed all of my notes into my bag and left the house after scoffing down my breakfast. I took the bus to University; my lessons went on as usual so after my lectures had finished, I hurried onto the bus to get to work.

I got off the bus and walked down the street, it was the middle of October, still warm but it was getting colder. I smiled upon seeing the café I work at, the sign above it read ‘Caramel Macchiato’ and it looked a bit outdated, I should tell Luhan to change it.

I walked up to the big glass window, peeking inside to see a couple of students inside having their lunch, and some adults buying themselves some coffee. There at the bar, I spot a very tall blonde boy making and serving orders. A lot of girls are looking at him or trying to make a conversation with him, to which he gives them a cold look but for some reason, they look even happier after he does that.

I smirk. ‘Oh, I forgot to mention that I have a boyfriend, whose name is Kris and it just so happens to be that very tall blonde boy over at the bar. He is my boss’s cousin and we’ve been going out for a month now, he’s a couple of years older than me, he’s Chinese but a year ago he moved here from Canada.'

I walked into the café and the bell rang above the door, grabbing the attention of some customers and of course, the barista. He gave me one of his rare smiles which made his fan girls stare at him in shock, I came up to the counter and he smirked, passing me a coffee. “One Caramel Macchiato” I smiled, pleased that he already knows my habits of drinking the shop’s representative drink.

I took my coffee and went into the staff room to change into my uniform and get to work.

‘So yeah, I’m dating again. I moved on after my break up with Jongin, I haven’t seen him since then. Well, I’ve seen him on TV since he debuted a couple of months ago, and he looks so different compared what he used to be. But I’m happy for him because at least he’s achieved his dream.’

I changed into my clothes, finished my coffee and joined Kris at the counter. It was busy in the café today and we had quite a lot of customers, so we tried working faster. I was already tired, and I didn’t sleep that much at night because of university work. We finished the day and waited for Luhan. Eventually, Luhan came and closed the café, we were sat in the staff room and he bought take out dinner for us to eat; he wanted us to keep him company until Sehun comes to pick him up.The HunHan couple are still together and they are so cute, they meet up whenever they can, and there were even articles about Sehun having a best friend who is a famous Chinese ulzzang. Sehun’s fans started shipping them and Luhan even received gifts from Sehun’s fans, which in turn, also brought more customers to his café.

We were sat eating and chatting when we heard someone come in.

“Lulu, your boyfriend is here!”

Luhan jumped up, happily “Hunnnniiiiieeee~” he jumped onto Sehun.

Sehun smiled, “I’m not alone, he wanted to visit the place, since he misses it a lot.”

I looked behind Sehun, and there was a dark figure but when it came into the light, I froze for a moment.

He was standing there, almost glaring at Kris who was sitting next to me, he had his hair styled up and he looked so different. He looked colder.

My lips trembled, but then I got it all together and smiled at him.

“Long time no see...Kai”

 


 

yay for update. lol

so yeah it has been a year after they broke up.

the start of the fic is similiar to my 1st chapter.

In case it get's confusing, Cherry will be refering to Jongin as Kai from now on, because he changed and in her opinion is not Jongin anymore but a different person.

yay it's the last week of college, i'll write more! but my updates more rely on Karen , i can write all i want but i need her to edit, i want to try  actually doing it myself with a dictionary or something and see what she thinks lol.

Thank you everyone who subscribed and reads this stroy, lmao i hope i'm not failing badly, idk since anyone hardly comments D: lol.

And omg i've just seen the EXO calendar scans...i need it.