Chapter 8.

Three Smiles. (Semi-hiatus)

Weeks flew by since the netball team won the first leg of the tournament. All CCA activities had been postponed for a while due to the upcoming examinations. The amount of workload given to the graduating students were increasing, therefore Hyori and Chen had very little time together. Hyori's dismissal time was now not the same as Chen's, hence most of the time, they couldn't go home together.

"Aigoo Chen ah, you have to eat more! You looked thinner the last time I saw you! It's not healthy!" Mrs Park fussed over Chen as she scooped a large portion of rice on his plate. Chen smiled weakly, mumbling thanks while Hyori snickered into her plate. Ever since the Kims moved in, it was normal for Hyori to spend her weekend time at their house, and vice versa.

"Yes Chen, eat up," Hyori mimicked her mom. Chen blushed, but when Mrs Park wasn't looking, he stuck out his tongue at her, earning himself a kick on the leg. "YEOW!" He mouthed soundlessly, because Hyori's mom was nearby. He gaped at Hyori in shock while she just beamed.

"This leg of mine is precious! I'm using it for dancing!" He pouted. "Then show me what you've got later," she smirked. 

*

"You're pretty good," Hyori said in amazement as she watched Chen breakdance. He ended off with a spin and tipped his cap. They were at the nearby park. Not many people visited that park, therefore Hyori and Chen liked going there. To them, the park gave them peace. Whenever they're feeling down, they'll always go to the park to clear their heads. It became their favourite place.

"It's nothing," he answered, modest. He brushed off the dirt on his pants. Hyori watched him for a while.

"So .. how's Mr Kwon?"

"He's great. I told you we could call him Young Deuk sunbae, right? On our last session, Luhan accidentally called him ssem but he was okay with it. And we were more comfortable calling him ssem," Chen grinned.

"He's really cool," Hyori agreed. "And good-looking," she giggled. Chen frowned, feeling a little jealous.

"It's true!" Hyori defended. "Yah, teach me some moves!" 

*

CCA had resumed as per normal. A few training sessions later, Young Deuk decided to merge the new students with the original group. 

"Let's give our support to our new members!" Young Deuk shouted and applauded along with the team. The new dancers shyly bowed at their hyungs and noonas. Luhan and Chen were the last. As they kept their head down and bowed, they did not see who their teammates are. Suddenly, there was a loud snigger.

"Yah yah yah, I remember this dude," someone drawled. Chen's head snapped up. I know that voice. He gulped as he locked eyes with Zico, the one whom he almost got in trouble with but got saved by Hyori.

Zico looked hurt. At least, his face does, but his tone was taunting. "Have you forgotten me that fast? I'm usually hard to forget." Chen did not respond, but his heart was beating with fury and fear. Of all people, why did he have to encounter with Hyori's classmate again? Why not Xiumin? Why him? And why didn't Hyori tell him that Zico's in the dance crew?

Young Deuk had been watching what was going on. He noticed Chen's uncomfortable posture, his uncomfortable expression. This isn't good.

Nevertheless, he clapped his hands to get everyone's attention.

"Okay that's enough, Zico. You're making the poor kid terrified," Young Deuk said firmly. Zico held up his hands, but he was smirking.

"Sorry, ssem. Err, just greeting .. my dongsaeng," he shrugged. Young Deuk shook his head.

"Now I hope you seniors don't look down on your hoobaes. Instead, you will help them and work together to be the best team, arasso?" He looked particularly at Zico.

"Yeah ssem!"

"Zico?" For Zico didn't respond with the rest of the team.

"Fasho," he held up his fingers to form a peace sign. Young Deuk was worried. Zico was a talented dancer and singer, its just that he had a little attitude. I hope Chen and Zico get along well. I don't want to lose either of them.

*

After a while, during break, Luhan went off to the water cooler and Chen, after taking a long swig from his bottled drink, wiped his sweat and headed to the far end of the dance studio to practice. However, from the mirror, he saw Zico approaching him. Everyone else was busy so they didn't notice anything. 

"So .. It's been a long time since I talked to you," he leaned against the railing, grinning. His posture reminded Chen of the time when Young Deuk approached him, but of course Young Deuk had a friendlier vibe. Zico simply radiated evil. Chen could almost see him in devil's horns.

"Hyori takes care of you really well huh," Zico continued, and without waiting for Chen's answer, he lunged on.

"I should take care of you too, since you're now my hoobae." Something about that sentence made Chen feel uneasy. Zico caught the look on his face and chuckled.

"I'll promise you, you'll be the best dancer on our team .. after I'm gone." He nodded his head at Chen before walking away. Chen had a blank look on his face. Was that supposed to be sarcastic?

*

Hola! It's the last day of 2012 so I thought I should update ~ ^^ To all my subscribers and to those who commented, I wanna say a huge thanks to you for appreciating my fic. Although I've yet to receive a greater audience, I've come to realise that it doesn't matter whether I have little/many subbies, I'm writing a fic because I love writing, and while I still have the passion for writing, I will continue to write! (:

So yeah, kamsahamida and have a happy and blessed 2013, unnies! <3 May you have a great year ahead!

And yeah, Young Deuk is one of the awesome Kwon twins! :D