Chapter Two

Welcome to Cafe Magica~

Younghee yawned and tossed around in her bed. Most likely, Younghee was already awake, just lazy or sore. For today, it was both. Yesterday's harsh activities came back to bite. The loud chirping of the birds woke Younghee up fully. She rolled off her bed and onto the floor, yawning and rubbing her eyes while she got herself to the toilet. She splashed water on her face and her eyes adjusted the dim lighting. She searched for her digital clock and read the time.

'Only 4:30am?! Man, I'm too young for this!' Younghee groaned, but netherless prepared herself for a visit to her family. Unlike other kids her age, Younghee graduated out of school early and skipped college, not wanting to go through that fuss and also because she wasn't able to afford it.

Dragging on trousers and comfortable clothing, Younghee stepped out of the shop and into the darkness. She blew out and saw her breath condense and she giggled. She rubbed her arms and started to jog.

'Ouch. My arms and legs still hurt.' Soon, she began to feel warm and eventually her sore muscles relaxed and she was able to run freely.

Stopping at a 24-hour convience store for a coffee, Younghee heard shouts and screams coming from a dark alleyway.

'Why me?' she thought as she gripped her warm coffee cup and made her way to the alley. She saw what seemed to be a street fight. Younghee surveyed her surroundings.

'13 vs 6? Doesn't seem fair to me.' Younghee found a nearby rock and chucked it at a guy who was about to punch another boy. He and s spun around, looking for the culprit. Younghee frantically searched for something to hide her face, when the guy found her and pulled her up by her hoodie.

"Well, well, well. What do we have here?" the boy asked.

Younghee looked around, calculating her chances of escape without causing trouble. To her, the chances were slim.

"A girl," Younghee said.

"What?" the boy asked.

"You asked a question, I answered," Younghee pointed out, "You said, 'What do we have here?' and I replied, 'A girl.'."

The members of his gang stifled their laughter. The boy, obviously the leader, glared at Younghee, most likely because she made him lose face infront of boys.

"You're a , aren't you?"

"Yep, yep. 10 points. You got it correct!" Younghee said, while clapping sarcastically.

The boy chuckled, "I like you."

Younghee immediately responded, "I'm sorry, Romeo-oppa. Our love, it just cannot be."

The boy raised his eyebrow and went along with it, "Don't worry, my Juliet. Tonight, we will be one."

Colour drained from Younghee's face when she heard him say that, 'What is he planning to do?! I better escape now!'