Chapter One

Welcome to Cafe Magica~

- Welcome! Please come in! We are open! -

Younghee hung the white sign on the door and took a step back to admire her handiwork. The once dirty, dusty and rusty store was now painted a light spectrum blue, forest green and white. The colours swirled into each other and almost looked as if they were the same to the untrained eye. The wooden door had been replaced by a new one, cream-coloured, and the handle polished and painted gold. There was a big window with a silver frame, allowing the sunlight or moonlight to majestically fall in and light up the room. And on top of all of this, there was a huge eye-catching pale pink sign.

 Cafe Magica - Where Your Dreams Come True! 

Younghee smiled sort of sadly when she read it, 'This cafe has made our dream come true, hasn't it?'

Younghee secured the classic chalkboard menu next to the entrance and opened the door of the shop. She heard the soft tinkling of bells and was greeted by a sweet scent of coffee, cake, icecream, and many other things which Younghee had practiced making the night before.

Inside the shop there was white tables scattered across the room, and the seats ranged from two at a table to eight. There was an open kitchen counter to the side, which allowed customers to see how their food was cooked or simply just to enjoy the show.

Younghee took off her shoes and felt the softness of the blue carpet on her feet. She stretched out her arms, accidentally knocking over a plant pot sitting on the right of her.

"Whoops," she caught the plant before it could topple over, "That was lucky."

She placed the pot upright and moved it a bit more over, just in case anymore accidents like this would occur. Younghee felt the strain on her arms as she lift the pot up a bit. She had been working on this shop for hours; painting, cleaning, cooking, moving, etc. Younghee's eyes met with the wall and the soothing colour released her from her exhaustion for a while. She looked over at the wall and gasped, "It's already 11pm?!"

Younghee opened the door, again hearing the soft tinkling, and flipped the sign over. Now it said:

- Sorry! Please come back tomorrow! We are closed! -

The girl yawned and fumbled with the keys. She finally locked the shop and went into her room, upstairs of the cafe.

"Aigoo. I think I should be able to open the shop tomorrow. Maybe I'll visit you first," Younghee said, but she was alone in her room.

She stripped herself off of her dirty overalls and painting overclothes. Again, Younghee yawned and walked into her shower. She came back out half an hour later, hair wet and in pyjamas. She lazily dried up her hair and her stomach rumbled.

'Sorry stomach. I know you're hungry, but I don't have the money to feed you yet. I need it to support the shop and... for them.'

Younghee rubbed her stomach and sighed. She trudged downstairs and inspected the shop, 'I did a good job today. Are you proud of me in heaven, otou-san, okaa-san, nee-chan?'

The moonlight shone in the small shop and Younghee looked into the starry sky before closing the curtains.

Exhausted, Younghee plopped onto her bed and fell asleep almost immediately.

'I achieved our dream, huh, Choonhee-nee?'