Seven

Finding You

- Seven -

 

 

“I have made my decision.”

 

Chorong sat in front of her parents and kept her gaze down, feeling somewhat ashamed to face them because she knew she was being selfish and that her choice might hurt their feelings. Not to mention, Joonmyun was seated at the dining area, just a few distance away from where she was. She hadn’t informed him of her plans and she was aware of what it might do to their relationship and though she was prepared – she wasn’t sure if he felt the same way.

 

“Sweetheart, what is it?” her mother probed gently when she didn’t say anything else. “You know you can always tell us what’s troubling you.”

 

“Your mother is right,” her father spoke up. “Whatever your decision is, you have our support. As long as you’re happy with it.”

 

She took in a deep breath. It’s now or never

 

“Lu Han has asked me to go back to China with him.” She paused momentarily to let the news sink in and quickly stole a glance at Joonmyun. He was still reading the newspaper in front of him, but she could see that she has his attention now from the way he had straightened up and trying hard not to look at her.

 

“…And I’ve decided to go.”

 

“Chorong – “ her mother started. Even her father was trying to say something, probably just making sure if she was really sure with her decision – but all that she noticed was how roughly Joonmyun had pushed his chair back and stormed out of the room without much of a word or a simple glance. A second later, they heard his door slamming with a loud thud, causing Chorong to flinch in her place.

 

Mrs Park sighed resignedly and reached over to pat her knee.

 

“If you think this is what you really want and it’s the best thing for you – then go. We understand how badly you want answers and perhaps, Lu Han can give you some.”

 

“Just take care of yourself over there, alright?” her husband advised their only daughter. “Give us a call should anything crops up or you feel uncomfortable.”

 

“And honey?” Chorong stared at her mother sadly, knowing just what she was about to say. “Talk to Joonmyun. I don’t think he shares the same sentiments as you about this.”

 

She hung her head low dejectedly. She knew. She understood. Things won’t be the same between them anymore after this.

 

 

-----------

 

 

She was due to leave for China the next day. As soon as she broke the news to Lu Han about agreeing to follow him back, he had excitedly told her how happy and glad he was about her coming along. He had already made plans to return, with or without her – so plane tickets had already been booked and the rest of her travel documents had been handled. She was just told to be ready by noon and he would come by to pick her up.

 

Chorong set her suitcase down by the foot of the stairs. Her heart certainly felt heavy about leaving, especially since Joonmyun still wasn’t talking to her. The night before, after the discussion with her parents, she had gone to his room hoping they could talk things out. But she was left knocking helplessly for fifteen good minutes and waited outside his room until she eventually dozed off. It wasn’t until her mother came around to check on her and realised she had fallen asleep, did she realised how much time had passed and how cold Joonmyun's heart had frozen.

 

Slowly, she took out a thin piece of white envelope out of her suitcase pocket and stared down at it wistfully, just as her parents came down the stairs.

 

“Are you all ready?” Mrs Park asked. As if on cue, the doorbell rang indicating that the person she was waiting for had already arrived. Chorong hurriedly wiped the single teardrop off her cheek before pushing the envelope towards her mother.

 

“Please give this to Joonmyun for me. Tell him…tell him how terrible sorry I am.”

 

The elder woman pulled her daughter in for a hug and planted a kiss on top of her head. Next to her, Mr Park Chorong’s back soothingly and told her not to worry.

 

She knew they would take care of Joonmyun well, like their own son – even in her absence. She was just afraid he would take this chance to run away and escape, like he did before she found him at the bus stop.

 

She wanted him to stay in this family, even if things do not work out for them – because her family has become his too. He has no reason to go anywhere else.

 

 

---------

 

 

“Don’t worry, Uncle…Auntie…” Lu Han was saying as the taxi driver loaded her luggage into the trunk. “I will take good care of Chorong and make sure no harm comes her way.”

 

His arm naturally found its way around her shoulder, something that Chorong still hasn’t gotten used to. Within the short span of time she’s been reunited with Lu Han, she discovered that the boy with sparkly doe eyes enjoys skinships and intimacy a lot.

 

And that was one of the many things that differentiate Lu Han and Joonmyun.

 

“I’m sure you will, Lu Han,” Mr Park answered. “Chorong doesn’t have anyone there so I’m really counting on you.”

 

“Call us when you’ve reached there, sweetheart,” Mrs Park reminded her. Chorong nodded. “I will.”

 

“Shall we get going now?” Lu Han asked her with a smile. Chorong stepped forward to give her parents a farewell hug – even though her eyes were solely focused on the last room to the right on the second level of the house. His curtains were closed, so she couldn’t be sure if he was watching her from above, but if he was – she wanted him to know this decision hasn’t be easy on her part too.

 

I’m sorry, Joonmyun…please try to understand why I’m doing this…

 

“I’ll give him your letter,” her mother whispered, as though sensing her anxiousness. “Don’t worry. He’ll be fine here with us.”

 

Chorong nodded numbly. Before she got into the taxi, she turned around and looked up longingly for one last time.

 

Wait for me, Joonmyun…wait for me.

 

 

 


a/n: naww, i have not abandoned you guys c; thank you for still being here ♥