Four

Finding You

- Four - 

 

 

“Joonmyun look! It’s raining!”

 

He glanced up from the book he was reading lazily and rolled his eyes. She was jumping up and down in the living room, clapping her two hands together giddily – like a kid waiting for her candy. But to Joonmyun, she looked more like a hyped-up seal. Of course, he wouldn’t tell her that. Of course.

 

“So?”

 

“So...let’s go out and play in the rain!” He didn’t realise when, but Chorong was already by his side, pulling him up by the arm. Unyielding, he stiffened his body and shook his head stubbornly.

 

“No.”

 

“Aw, Joonmyun...don’t be such a spoilsport,” she teased. “Come on, it’ll be really fun.”

 

“Chorong – “

 

Joonmyun.”

 

He sighed. There was no getting out of it when she uses that tone on him. He knew better than to resist. She’d just drag him out by the feet and drench him wet head to toe anyway – so it was safer to just give in.

 

And perhaps, he could have his revenge on her later.

 

 

: :

 

 

“Joonmyun!” she shrieked so loud he thought the glass windows might actually break for real. Still, that didn’t stop him from aiming the water hose at her and spraying her already soaked body. Rain water was dripping from her wet strands, and on top of that she even has to deal with his cold freezing attack.

 

“Stop!” she tried to shield her face with bare hands but Joonmyun showed no mercy. He snickered as he continued to drench her, while trying to ignore the fact he was just as sodden.

 

“This is what you wanted, isn’t it?” he shouted back as Chorong let out another loud yelp. “I’m just trying to help!”

 

“YAH!” Braving the storm of water, Chorong dashed toward him in lighting speed and caught him off guard with the hose. In turn, she twisted it back so it was aimed at him instead and he was now the one being sprayed cold bloodedly.

 

He could her laughing gleefully at his misery and before she even knew it, the two of them were caught up in a childish water fight – one trying to get revenge on the other and in the midst of confusion, Chorong found herself rolling on the grass together with Joonmyun, his two arms enveloping her tightly.

 

She stopped struggling, and he did too. While the water continued to sprinkle around them, Chorong realised she was long lost in his gaze, and he was staring back at her just as intently. The moment couldn’t have been anymore perfect, and she knew it too – because she had her eyes closed and waited.

 

She could feel him leaning in closer.

 

And waited...

 

“Chorong.”

 

Just like that, her fairytale ended. Her eyes fluttered open and they weren’t staring into Joonmyun’s any longer. His – were focused on another impending figure approaching them, confused and curious.

 

She looked up at what, or rather who he was staring at.

 

“Chorong,” he spoke again. “It’s really you.”

 

 

: :

 

 

Amongst the things, among the wishes he has before he dies, is to make amendments with his loved ones – especially with the girl whom he had to forcibly leave behind at the mere age of 18.

 

As soon as he reached 22, he started to search high and low for her, asking around for her whereabouts at every change he gets – causing him countless sleepless nights and mournful days.

 

It was like she had been wiped off the face of the Earth, disappearing into the thin air without a trace.

 

Lu Han misses her.

 

He misses Park Chorong like crazy.

 

 

: :

 

 

She got up on her two feet hurriedly, Joonmyun temporarily pushed back to the back of her mind as she searched this young man’s strained face for some sort of recognition.

 

She racked her brain, recalled the fragments she could collect but nothing jolted her memory. She took a step closer toward him, not minding her current unkempt self and asked, “Who are you? And how do you know my name?”

 

“Chorong, it’s me.”

 

His voice sounded so desperate and drained out of energy – like he had just returned from a battle he’s lost inevitably. He reached out his hand toward her and continued, “It’s me...Lu Han.”