Weird Things Can Happen...

Academy for the 'Gifted' [Hiatus]

Previously....

We arrived back at the school and I went back to the girls dorms.  "How was dinner?" I asked the girls when I walked into the room.  "Steak and potatoes isn't that bad you know." Jimin said.  "That is actually one of the only meals I can tolerate here..." I said.  I changed into pajamas and laid down on my bed.  The others did the same and we just rested.  At around 11 pm, we turned the lights out and went to sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 

The next few days passed by in a blur of food and practicing.  I had been hanging around Infinite and EXO all week and they've all helped me out, well besides Sungjong who never helps...  Anyways, there were only two more days until school started.  Everyone had arrived and there was a small orientation on Sunday, tomorrow, and then school will officially start.  Since I had nothing better to do, I was working out on the field with Kris.  "Once more!" Kris was helping me with my general skills training and I was already sweating buckets from so much work. He was teaching me how to mix powers together and create something else. At the moment he was trying to teach me how to mix wind and water to create a storm. Large scale storms were actually a really hard and compliacated thing to do, so he wasn't expecting me to get it right away. Surprisingly I was progressing really quickly for once. We were outside on the fields and I had been able to complete a football field sized cloud and make it rain. "You can stop." He said. I immediately dropped to the floor to catch my breath.

"Come on lazy- lets go grab a snack." Kris held out a hand and he helped me up.  I gladly took it and I popped up.  I wiped my sweat with a small towel and we walked to the student store.  "Oh! It's Sistar." I said.  "Hey Soojung!" Hyorin said.  "Hi Hyorin! Hi guys!" I said.  "What's up?" I asked as Kris went to buy the two of us some power drinks and snacks.  "Just trying to see if they changed the snacks this year, but of course they didn't... Same old veggie chips and fruit filled snacks." Dasom said.  "That's why I stalked up." I whispered.  They all giggled and I smiled along.  Kris came back and tossed me a bag of salt and vinegar veggie chips.  "I'll see you guys later then!" I said.  "See ya!" They waved. 

The rest of the day went by relatively the same as it has been for the past few days.  That night, I made sure that all of my summer assignments were done and I went to sleep relatively early since I had to wake up a lot earlier than I had been this whole summer.  The next morning I woke up to the alarm clock and I groggily got out of the bed without falling.  I saw Lizzy and Suzy wearing their uniforms and they were both doing their hair in the bathroom.  "Whoa, we have to wear the uniforms already?" I asked.  "Yeah, didn't you read the notice they sent out yesterday via text?" Lizzy asked.  "Via.... That's a weird word.  And no I didn't." I said.  I went over to check my phone which had run out of battery yesterday since I didn't charge it overnight.  And of course there was a message right there from the main administration saying we had to wear our uniforms. 

I took a quick shower and I put my uniform on.  I tied my long hair up into a ponytail and added a large black ribbon.  I finished getting ready and I headed out first.  I walked through the dorms and outside.  A bunch of people were walking around and I said 'hi' to a bunch of people.  "Soojung!" I heard my brother calling from behind me.  I turned around and smiled.  "Good morning!" I said.  "Whoa, what's up with you? You're awkwardly happy for the morning." He said as he stopped in his tracks before me.  "Yah!" I said, jabbing him with an energy ball.  "That's more like it." He said while rubbing his rib cage area.  The rest of Infinite came up to us and we walked to the auditorium together.  People were crowding into the auditorium after we had already found seats and we were just chatting away about how much we weren't looking forward to school.  

At 8:30, the orientation started.  We sat and listened to the administrators of the 'Gifted' school talk about why we were here and what we were supposed to get out of from this school.  The speeches went on for a good hour and I almost fell asleep.  But I couldn't, because the giant Kris was sitting behind me, always kicking my chair when my head would droop.  "This year we will be doing something special." The principal said.  For some reason it caught my attention.  "Lately, we have been able to sense odd power patterns coming from other places around the world.  We've never experienced this before and this may be something extremely important for the world's future."  He continued.  "We will be sending out research crews every month to different locations around the world and each crew will be lead by a different leader.  If your name is called, please report to the stage." He paused as he found the list of names.  

"Kim Sunngyu, Jang Dongwoo, Nam Woohyun, Lee Hoya, Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo, Lee Sungjong, and Lee Soojung." Our names were spoken and we all headed towards the stage followed by hundreds of stares.  "These students will be the leaders of the crews that are being sent out.  The crew members will be switched around every so often so that everyone will get a chance to help out during research." He explained.  We were each given bags and folders.  "Please return to your seats." He said.  We went back and I decided not to look through the stuff until I had gotten back to the dorms.  After a few more minutes of talking, we were all dismissed.  The eight of us went to the guys' dorm room.  

I opened the bag first.  The bag was filled with clothes with tag labels attatched to them.  We each received new uniforms and if we didn't feel like wearing the whole new uniform, we could just wear the different jacket instead of the normal one.  In the folder, there were a bunch of papers and information about the current situation that was going on.  "I guess this year really will be different." I said quietly.  No one hear me say anything because they were obsessing on how good the new uniforms looked on them.  I went into the bathroom and it looked pretty good.  I put my other uniform into the bag and headed out to my dorm to put the stuff away.  

"Whoa, lazy-'s got a new uniform." I heard Kris say from behind me.  "It looks better than yours." I said after turning around.  "Touche." He said while looking at my uniform.  "So, I wonder what's up." I said as we walked together to my dorm.  "I bet its just some excuse to get us out of the school every so often." He said.  "Hmmm, maybe..." I said, getting quieter and going into thought.  I really wonder if there is something more to this little 'crew' thing.  What if the world could really be in trouble... I mean we are supernatural and being supernatural must come with some sort of consequence.  I sighed and Kris waited outside of the dorm room while I put the stuff in my closet.  

 

- - - - 

 

 

Hi guys! Thanks for waiting so long again, and thank you to our new subscribers!
Again, please comment and subscribe if you haven't already!
- patbingsoojung :)