Part One

What You Mean to Me

 

Lu Han was the first person that Zitao had ever considered a friend.

Other people had approached him, and tried to talk to him, sure, but they always left eventually; apparently his looks alone were enough to scare them away. Zitao was a sweet boy, though. He honestly never would have hurt a fly.

He had been trained in martial arts and was more than capable of taking care of himself. He would only hurt someone when he was frightened or there was no other choice.

Lu Han had been the only one to approach him, befriend him, and not leave within a month. He had stayed with him, and helped him, and Zitao came to trust him completely.

 

"Hey, Lu Han," Zitao asked one day, not even looking at the other. "Why do you stay with me?"

"What do you mean?" Lu Han asked softly and Zitao could see his confused face out of his peripheral vision. "Why wouldn't I?"

"People never stay," He replied with a shrug, his attention on his phone. "So, I guess, why aren't you afraid of me, like everyone else is?"

"Should I be?" The older boy asked, shifting slightly closer to Zitao. "You're not frightening to me at all."

Zitao didn't say anything to that; he just stared straight ahead, glad that there was someone who liked him. Someone that considered him a friend, if he dared to think so, and perhaps even a bit more than a friend. He turned his head to look at Lu Han and saw that the other now had his head on his shoulders with his eyes closed. The older boy just looked so incredibly peaceful and at ease. Zitao felt happier than he had in a long time.

 

Lu Han showed up most days looking defeated and depressed, but when he saw Zitao, he would instantly smile. It was hard to tell if that smile was completely genuine, but Zitao enjoyed it anyways. There were those rare days where the older boy would look happy, perhaps overly so, and on those days, he would bring him lunch.

“This is really good,” Zitao mumbled in between mouthfuls of food. “Thank you!”

Lu Han smiled rather sadly at him, like he was hiding something, but Zitao failed to notice this. It wouldn’t be obvious to the younger boy until it was too late, but Lu Han seemed to almost be disappearing a little each day.

By the time it was noticeable to Zitao, the older boy was barely a shadow of his former self. He barely smiled, barely said anything, no longer brought him food, and he was almost just skin and bones. When the taller boy tried to ask though, he was always pushed away; Lu Han would always pretend like everything was okay.

It wasn’t until Lu Han just stopped showing up altogether, did Zitao regret not trying to push the issue. He tried to call, but his parents always said that he wasn’t there, that he was busy with other things, and then they just stopped answering his calls, so Zitao took the hint.

He was alone again. No one else tried to approach him, ask him what was wrong, let alone try to comfort him; part of him wished that Lu Han had never come along, for there was this huge hole in his heart that no one but Lu Han could fill. He missed the older boy; he just missed him so very much.

Zitao often found himself having nightmares regarding the other, like it was his fault that Lu Han no longer came to school, like he had been the one to push him away. Eventually, he just stopped trying to sleep. His dark eye circles became more prominent and people were avoiding him more than before, if that were even possible.

It eventually got to the point that even when people tried to talk to him, he ignored them. When Lu Han had left, Zitao honestly believed that he would never love again. He was afraid of losing them, afraid of getting close to anyone again.

 

“Excuse me,” A soft voice came from his left. “Do you have a pen I could borrow?”

It was his usual Tuesday lecture class. He had never sat in the same place twice, and no one had ever spoken to him. So the fact that this person was saying anything to him was quite surprising. Zitao ignored him though. It wasn’t that he didn’t have a pen; he simply did not want to speak to him.

“Excuse me,” The voice came again. “Did you not hear me?”

He rolled his eyes and kept his attention up front. Some people just didn’t know when to give up.

“Excuse me!” The person half shouted as he reached out and tightly grabbed on to Zitao’s chin, forcefully turning his head. “If you don’t have one just say so; I don’t like being ignored!”

When he felt the other’s hand on his chin, he had to say that he admired his perseverance as well as his courage; no one else would ever dare to do that. When he turned and actually saw his face though, Zitao was suddenly second guessing himself; his usually stoic and emotionless face crumbled away.

The other male was simply beautiful, with reddish-brown hair that fell rather nicely across his pale features. His lips looked soft and were a pretty shade of pink, and his nose was quite long and cute. What really drew Zitao in, though, were his eyes. His eyes were a soft chocolate brown, and lined rather heavily with eyeliner, so Zitao couldn’t help but wonder what he looked like without the makeup.

Wordlessly, Zitao reached into his pencil case and grabbed the first pen he felt and it in the shorter boy’s general direction. He immediately looked away when the other released his grip on his face.

“Oh, thank you!” And if Zitao had still been looking at him, he would have seen the most brilliant smile; instead he just mutely nodded and tried to turn his attention back to the professor.

Throughout the rest of that class, Zitao snuck occasional glances sideways at the boy with the eyeliner, but always immediately looked away in fear of being caught. As soon as the class was over, he ran out of the lecture hall without asking for his pen back. He could feel a slight blush washing over his cheeks as he made his way back to his dorm room, and for the first time in months, he found himself actually looking forward to class.

 

The week after, Zitao sat in the exact same spot as he had the week before in hopes that the same boy would sit next to him. So he waited, and waited, while half preying for the other to show up. Eventually he did, but after the class had already begun.

"Hey," The boy whispered as he slid into his seat next to Zitao.

Zitao simply nodded slightly in response, but he was more than a little relieved that the other was here. He watched out of the corner of his eye and saw him pull out the same pen that Zitao had lent him previously.

And soon enough, this week became a repeat of the previous one, where he spent more time looking at the other male than paying attention. The only difference was that, he felt a but braver this week, and let his gaze stay on the other for just a little bit longer, not even looking away when he looked back. And the smaller boy smiled at him, a dazzling smile where his pretty pink lips peeled back to reveal white teeth, and his eyes turned into crescents.

Zitao was drawn in immediately, and just stared at the other, not even looking away after his smile had long disappeared. That smile was what Zitao had been waiting for, the one thing that made him more than sure that he wanted to be friends, or perhaps more. After all, he had always had a weakness when it came to beautiful smiles.

"My name is Byun Baekhyun," The smaller boy said after the class had drawn to a close, offering Zitao another smile. "What's yours?"

"Huang Zitao," He responded, swallowing nervously. "And um, you can keep my pen."

 

Baekhyun became his whole world, even after he had promised himself he would never let that happen. Baekhyun made him feel more whole, he filled some of the hole that Lu Han had made, but not even him could fill all of it.

At first, they simply saw each other at that mutual Tuesday class, and they would exchange a little small talk before and after class. Before long though, they were hanging out outside of class and then Zitao was telling him everything, allowing Baekhyun completely and fully into his life.

And every time the smaller male smiled at him, he lost a bit more of himself to him, and fell just a bit more in love. He didn't mind though, because there was one thing that he knew for sure, and that was that Baekhyun loved him just as much, if not more. There had been this mutual understanding, they just understood, the feelings were there and neither of them even had to say it. That wasn’t the way it had always been though.

 

"Baekhyun," Zitao said softly, avoiding the other's eyes. "I… I um… I have something to tell you…"

“Yes?” Baekhyun asked, looking up from his book. “What is it?”

Zitao had called him saying that he wanted to study together, although that had really just been an excuse to see the other, and he had promised himself that he was going to confess that day. His hands were shaking as he closed his book and set it aside, determined to get the words out.

“I… I…” He stuttered – Baekhyun always managed to make him nervous. “I think I…”

Zitao mentally slapped himself, this was definitely not going the way he had imagined it.

“Shh,” Baekhyun whispered, placing a gentle hand over his. “Take it slowly, no hurry.”

“I… I like you…” He finally managed to say before looking away.

Baekhyun reached out and took hold of his chin, making him look at him, much like he had that first day they had met, but much more gentle. And when Zitao looked at him, Baekhyun had the most gentle and loving smile on his face, making his heart skip a beat, and it also made him wonder what exactly he had been afraid of.

“I know,” Baekhyun replied, leaning in closer and pressing his lips against the other’s briefly. “And I like you too.”

Zitao didn’t say another word, he just leaned forward and captured the older boy’s lips passionately, and it was amazing, just as brilliant as he had imagined, but so much more. Baekhyun tasted sweet, sweet like vanilla, but smooth like chocolate, and his scent just made Zitao crazy.

He finally pulled away, when he could no longer breath, and the look on Baekhyun’s face told him that he felt the exact same way. There were the flushed cheeks, the slightly swollen lips parted and breathing deeply, but most of all, there was the look in his eyes, looking at him so lovingly, that he could have gotten lost in them.

“I love you,” Baekhyun’s voice was husky, sending slight shivers down Zitao’s spine. ”Huang Zitao.”

“I love you too,” Zitao responded in a similar fashion. “Byun Baekhyun.”

 

After that day, neither of them had actually said “I love you,” out loud, but it wasn’t necessary because one look into Baekhyun’s eyes and Zitao could see all of the unspoken feelings. Unfortunately, this mutual understanding only lasted until Baekhyun met Chanyeol. And it wasn’t until then, did Zitao truly begin fearing the loss of another loved one.

 

"Sorry Tao," Baekhyun told him one day as they were just sitting together. "I need to go now..."

"Why?" Zitao instantly responded, pulling Baekhyun closer towards him so hard that it actually hurt him. "Why are you leaving? I thought we were going to spend the whole day together."

"I know," Baekhyun sighed, squirming a little. "I just... I forgot I promised Chanyeol that I would help him with something."

"Chanyeol?" Zitao roughly grabbed both of Baekhyun's shoulders and looked him straight in the eyes, holding him at arm's length. "What is he to you? Are you cheating on me?"

"What?" Baekhyun exclaimed, trying to look shocked, but Zitao noticed the guilt in his eyes. "I would never do that to you..."

"I don't care!" The boy shouted as he tightened his grip on the other's shoulders. "You're not allowed to go. I... I want you to stay with me."

The smaller boy looked at him sadly, a small smile appearing on his lips. As Zitao slowly loosened his hands, Baekhyun leaned forward and placed his forehead against his.

"Okay," He said with a soft sigh. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

"Really?" Zitao asked, it was times like these that he found himself acting rather childish. "You'll stay with me?"

Baekhyun nodded, rubbing their foreheads together. A small smile graced the older boy’s lips as he leaned forward and kissed him gently before reaching a delicate hand up and wiping away the tears that Zitao hadn’t even realized were there.

“I wouldn’t jeopardize our relationship for anything,” He whispered in response. “Trust me.”

“I love you, Baekhyun…” And that was the first time either of them had uttered those three words out loud in a long time. “And I want this to last…”

 

Zitao trusted Baekhyun with all his heart, he really did. And yet, somehow, he found himself following the shorter boy one Wednesday, since he knew he had that day off. It was mostly due to paranoia, or so he made himself believe, and he also skipped class to do so.

Baekhyun started the day by getting coffee before going back to his dorm room for a few hours. Zitao literally sat outside the building and waited, hidden, of course. By the time the shorter boy left later on, Zitao was dozing off. He quickly shook himself awake and followed after him, stealthily, of course.

Baekhyun went to the library, sat down and read, or studied; he wasn't close enough to tell. He sat at a table that was close to him, but far enough to not create suspicion, or so he hoped. About half an hour later, someone else showed up next to Baekhyun. He was tall, taller than even Zitao, with long limbs and curly, unruly brown hair. He didn't even need to see his face to know that that was Chanyeol.

He sat down across from Baekhyun, and Zitao saw his eyes instantly light up at the other's presence. They spent the next, at least two hours chatting away, smiling, laughing, and it hurt to admit it, but Baekhyun seemed happier with that Chanyeol. He certainly didn't remember the last time Baekhyun had laughed like that with him. Finding that he really couldn't the sight of the two of them together like that anymore, Zitao got up and left, feeling rather defeated as well as depressed.

About an hour after he had returned to his room, someone knocked on his door.

"Zitao?" Baekhyun's voice floated through. "Open the door!"

Zitao winced though, and chose not to, finding that he really couldn't face the other at the moment. As time progressed, the knocking became more frequent as well as louder. Zitao swallowed, steeling himself, before pulling the door open. He had expected to see an angry Baekhyun, or a happy Baekhyun, except the Baekhyun in front of him was neither; the Baekhyun in front of him of pretty much emotionless.

"Hi," Zitao said, sheepishly scratching the back of his head. "Sorry, I-"

"Why were you following me?" Baekhyun interrupted him, not allowing him to finish his excuse. "Why, Tao? Do you not trust me that much? That you would skip class and follow me all day?"

Zitao winced at his every word, and then pulled him into the room and locked the door before he could say another word.

"I do trust you," The younger boy argued. "I… I was just… I’m sorry…”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes; he didn't really seem angry though, not so much as frustrated.

"I just can't believe you, Huang Zitao," Baekhyun said, shaking his head. "I just can't believe you would go so far as to stalk me."

Zitao winced at being called his full name as well as the other's word choice. He opened his mouth to say something, anything that may make things better, but Baekhyun didn't let him.

“I can't do this, Zitao," His voice had dropped to barely a whispered. "I can't be with someone that clearly does not trust me…"

Before Zitao could say a word, Baekhyun turned and left the room. And just like that, their relationship seemed to be over, torn apart by his insecurities. He debated with himself whether or not he should chase after him, but after a good minute, he chose not to. With a clearly audible sigh, Zitao collapsed on to his bed, silently regretting his actions that day.

 

Zitao tried very hard to bump into Baekhyun over the next couple of week, while the other was clearly trying very hard to not. Every time they did happen to run into each other, Baekhyun would avoid eye contact and leave without a word. And every other time, Baekhyun was with Chanyeol, and that made Zitao stay away.

The younger boy knew that he couldn't let things end this way though, so one night, when he was especially determined, he headed up to Baekhyun's dorm room, and hoped that he would speak to him at least.

When Baekhyun opened the door, his eyes widened at the sight of Zitao, before slowly moving aside and letting him in. He yawned as he lazily motioned for the taller boy to take a seat.

“Can I get you anything?” He asked.

Zitao just watched as Baekhyun poured himself a glass of water, taking in every inch of him; from his messy, disheveled hair, the lack of makeup on his face, to his slightly wrinkled blue plaid pajamas, to the cute way that he rubbed his eyes every so often, along with the occasional yawn. Zitao resisted the sudden overwhelming urge to kiss him like he had numerous times previously, when the other was half awake. Sleepy Baekhyun was simply too adorable to resist.

“No, thank you,” He stuttered, looking down at his fingers instead. “I… just came over to talk.”

"Sure," Baekhyun replied as he sat down across from him. "What about?"

"Look, it's just…" Zitao trailed off as he tried to gather his thoughts. He had had his entire speech planned out on his way there, but he could barely remember what he had wanted to say at all. "I… um, I'm really sorry about what I did before, and I just don't know what came over me. And I miss you; I miss your smiles, and just everything about you… Even the things I said that I didn't like, like your sleeping habits… I just miss you so much. If you could find it in your heart to ever give me a second chance, I promise I won't screw it up… just please."

Zitao stopped talking and buried his face into his hands. There, he'd said it, now he just hoped that Baekhyun would respond in a favourable fashion. He'd always seen the older boy as a reasonable person, so he hoped he wouldn't be proven wrong.

Zitao had been so deep in thought that he hadn't even noticed Baekhyun remove his hands away from his own face, or the fact that he was next to him now. What finally snapped his attention back to Baekhyun was when he kissed him, softly but firmly, and all Zitao could do was stare in shock at him, having not expected that at all.

"It's alright, Zitao,” He whispered against his lips. "I've already forgiven you."

And suddenly everything was right in the world again. Zitao was smiling wider than he had in a long time as he kissed his boyfriend again. Baekhyun made a quiet sound of enjoyment, and then he was laughing, laughing in that beautiful way that the younger boy had missed. Zitao didn't want to admit it, but there was something about it that really was not as genuine as the way that Baekhyun had laughed with Chanyeol.

"I love you so much," Zitao responded, because the older boy's laughter really just said it all.

Zitao ended up spending the night, and it was like the last two weeks had really never happened.

 

Zitao’s hand closed tightly around Baekhyun’s arm, and squeezed, not noticing when he winced.

“Baekhyun…” The taller boy said, his voice soft but his grip strong. “Stay with me.”

It had been almost a month since the two of them had made up, and Zitao had unconsciously been growing more forceful with the other, more controlling. On more than one occasion, he had actually physically hit Baekhyun, but it had been no more than a slap to the face.

“No, Zitao,” Baekhyun struggled against him. “I need to go back…”

“No, I won’t let you go,” His grip tightened, reinforcing his words. “I don’t want to lose you.”

Most of the time, Baekhyun would then relent and stay, but he seemed to be growing increasingly fearful of the taller boy.

“Please, Zitao,” Baekhyun’s voice had become slightly higher pitched, and he was trying harder to pull away now. “Let me go… I promise I won’t leave you. You won’t lose me.”

The younger boy roughly pulled Baekhyun closer so that he was pressed right up against him. With his free hand, he grabbed Baekhyun’s chin and forced him into a kiss.

“I’m sorry,” Zitao whispered against his lips, clearly unapologetic. “That’s not happening.”

 

The trust was gone, and it was mutual this time. Zitao was letting his jealously and paranoia cloud his better judgment and Baekhyun was just scared. Every time Zitao physically forced himself upon Baekhyun, he felt this overwhelming sense of guilt, but it was never enough to get himself to stop.

The younger boy blamed Chanyeol though, he had never even formally met him, or said a single word to the other, but he was convinced that it was Chanyeol’s fault that he was behaving this way; if he wasn’t there, then Baekhyun wouldn’t always be with him, and Zitao would have no reason to distrust Baekhyun.

“Chanyeol asked me out today,” The older boy told Zitao, his head was down and he was playing with his fingers. “And… and I told him no…”

It was quite clear, though, that he had wanted to say yes. Zitao just sighed and turned to stare at him; at this point, their relationship was already teetering over the edge of a cliff, so he decided to give it a final push.

“Don’t lie to yourself,” Zitao replied, pretending to be indifferent. “Just go.”

“No, Zitao,” He said softly, reaching out, looking at the other now. “You don’t mean that.”

Baekhyun grabbed a handful of Zitao's sleeve, disbelief written all over his face. The younger boy took a deep breath, he'd made a decision, so he was going to go through with it before he regretted it. Roughly, but not too much, he pushed Baekhyun away from him, careful to keep his face emotionless.

"Just go," Zitao said. "Leave. I don't need you anymore.”

Baekhyun looked hurt but confused and the truth of the situation seemed to dawn on him as he shook his head before taking a step back.

"I guess this is goodbye then…" He gave Zitao a small smile as tears began to roll down his face. "I'm so sorry."

Baekhyun walked away then, turning back just once.

When the short boy was out of sight, Zitao fell on to his knees, and let his tears fall, no longer holding them back. So he had been right, Baekhyun really did have feelings for Chanyeol. He let out a rather bitter laugh that became a cough.

For what felt like hours, he just knelt there, feeling like he had just given up a part of himself. Despite that, though, he realized that he didn't regret that decision. Getting up, he dusted himself off and started the slow and long walk back to his dorm; exams were right around the corner and he hoped that studying would help keep his mind off of Baekhyun.

 

Out of feelings of anger, betrayal and depression, Zitao left that university. He had stuck around until the end of the first week of the new semester, but every time he had seen Baekhyun and Chanyeol together, he had felt a physical stab of pain. When it had all became too much, he had just packed up everything and left; no one would notice or care too much anyways.

So now he was in a completely unfamiliar town, alone and he couldn’t help but wish that he weren’t. Zitao wouldn’t admit it easily, but he still loved Baekhyun, loved him as much as he had that day they had met in that Tuesday lecture class. He loved him as much as when he smiled that dazzling smile, and his eyes turned into little crescents. He loved him as much as when they kissed, because those kisses made the world fall away. His heart clenched just at the mere thought of Baekhyun not being next to him anymore.

With some of the money that he had saved up, he found himself a cheap little apartment, and just hid away from the world for a while. After about two weeks, he knew that he couldn’t go on like this. Zitao gathered his courage and went outside, prepared to fend for himself, or at least find a job.

Unfortunately, that was much easier said than done, and after a long day of rejection after rejection, he was about ready to just pass out. As Zitao was crossing the street, though, he accidentally bumped into a man.

“Hey,” The man yelled, clearly annoyed by this unintentional contact. “Watch where you’re going, idiot.”

Zitao felt like someone had just poured salt on to his wounds. For the rest of the night, the man’s words echoed in his head, and no matter what he did, he couldn’t block them out. That night, he cried himself to sleep.

 

Despite the harsh words, though, Zitao found that he couldn’t stop thinking about him. That man had been the only one to speak to him, besides interviewers, so Zitao was actually beginning to believe, that perhaps, that meant that the stranger cared, at least a little bit. It was too soon, though, and he knew he wasn’t ready for anything even remotely close to a relationship, but he wanted a friend, at least. Against his better judgment, Zitao spent the day wandering around with the sole aim of seeing that man again.

By seven that day, he decided to give up, knowing that he wasn’t going to get anywhere. So it had been a fruitless day, looking for a man that most likely didn’t care. On his way back to his apartment, Zitao passed by a bar that he decided to go into after a moment of deliberation in his head. Anyone who had suffered as much as had definitely deserved a night of just drinking, he decided.

The inside of the bar was plain and rather uninviting, with plain brown wooden floors, plain brown brick walls, and little windows that made the place seem like a dungeon. Reluctantly, Zitao took a place at the bar, sitting on a high stool. There was only one other person there. The man had rather long black hair, and was looking down at his drink. His gaze lingered on the stranger in the bar for a moment longer before turning away.

“Hey, it’s you again.”

Zitao would have recognized that voice anywhere. The same voice that had been in his mind for the past day, the owner was which was the exact person that he had been looking for. He looked back at the owner of the voice, and was surprised by what he saw. The day before, he hadn’t be able to see the other’s face, but not even in his imagination was the other so handsome.

“H-hello,” He said, his throat was suddenly rather dry. “Um, I’m sorry about yesterday… I didn’t mean to bump into you, I was just tired.”

The other male waved a hand in dismissal. "It's fine, I'm sorry for overreacting."

Zitao couldn't help but smile at that, happy that this person was starting to become more and more like way he had imagined him.

"Huang Zitao," He offered, hoping to be given the chance to get to know the other better. "You?"

"You can call me Kris," And somehow his face seemed a little softer now, but somehow still angry. "You must be new to this town. How about I show you around?"

Zitao felt like he was insinuating that he was some sort of newbie, and was slightly insulted, but he wasn't about to turn down such a tempting offer.

"Sure, I'd like that."

 

The town was a lot smaller than Zitao had thought it was. There were a few tall buildings, a couple small neighbourhoods, and only one major place for shopping with some other smaller places. Despite the lack of places to actually see, Zitao found that he was actually enjoying the attention from Kris, and it was, at least, taking his mind away from Baekhyun.

By the time they had returned to Zitao's apartment, it was already well past midnight and he was more than ready to sleep. Kris walked him to his door, like the two of them had just gone on a date.

The younger boy opened his mouth, ready to thank him for a fun night, when Kris suddenly kissed him.  He was so stunned that he didn't even kiss back before Kris pulled away, an actual smile on his face. Zitao decided, then and there, that he wouldn't mind seeing that smile everyday for the rest of his life. After that kiss and smile, he was feeling a little breathless, breathing a little heavier, gasping almost. Kris' smile became a smirk before leaning forward and kissing him again.

"You know, I wouldn't mind seeing you again," The older male said softly, brushing a few stray hairs away from Zitao’s face. "What do you say?"

The younger boy just nodded mutely, currently not trusting his voice. 

"Great, I'll see you later then, Taozi.” And then he winked at him before walking away.

Zitao watched him until he was out of sight, his heart hammering against his chest, and he found that he didn’t even mind the nickname.

 

They saw each other almost every day for the next month. By the end of the month, Zitao was more than sure that he was at least a little bit in love with the handsome older male. So when Kris asked him to dinner on the last day of that month, he was more than happy to go; at that point, he was more than sure that he would happily agree to anything if it involved Kris and perhaps regret it later, but he would worry about that if it ever happened.

The two of them were sitting across from each other in a classy little restaurant, and the older male seemed rather distracted.

“Kris,” Zitao said, trying to get his attention. “Is everything okay?”

“Zitao,” Kris asked quite suddenly and very seriously as he took both of the other’s hands into his. “I… I need to ask you something. I need you to help me with something…”

The younger boy swallowed, preparing himself for what was to come even thought he had no idea what Kris was about to ask. He opened his mouth to reply, but then closed it, finding that he wasn’t sure he actually should agree to this. Kris then squeezed both of his hands in a reassuring and comforting way, and looked into Zitao’s eyes.

“Please, Taozi,“ The older male sounded almost desperate. “I need you.”

Zitao swallowed once again, this time for a completely different reason, before finally answering.

“Of course, whatever you need.”

 

End of part one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so sorry for taking so long to post this OTL I hope it was at least worth the wait? ^_^; To be honest, the person I asked to help edit still hasn't replied, but I didn't want to make you guys wait anymore, so please excuse any errors there may be.

For those of you that don't remember, I had written in the original story that Lu Han's adoptive parents had taken him out of school without a word, so he technically disappeared off this face of the earth.

Thank you so much to all the people that subscribed <3 it really means so much to me ; A ; 

So until part two. I will post it as soon as possible, but I'm not going to make any promises.