Dreams

Dreams

 

“We all do things we desperately wish we could undo. Those regrets just become part of who we are, along with everything else. To spend time trying to change that, well, it's like chasing clouds.”-Libba Bray

For nineteen-year-old Kim Taeyeon, if you were to think of regrets as coins to be saved in a piggy bank, Taeyeon would have a room full of those pink plastic piglets filled to the brim. It was not her fault though. It was the fault of something called a dream.

Dreams—something that makes us work hard to achieve, something that defines our goals in life—might sometimes drown us in our own definition of success. After all, it does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live. 

Taeyeon was another of those high school students who wonder what time school ends during lectures and hang out with friends once the school bell allowed for dismissal. Among her circle of friends, one particular girl made Taeyeon feel different—happier than usual, to be exact—and that girl was Tiffany.

Tiffany was a name given to her by her classmates. This brunette is actually born with the name Stephanie Hwang Mi Young but since there is another classmate named Stephanie in their class, her friends chose to call her Tiffany. In actual fact, she preferred this name to her real name, especially when Taeyeon calls out “Tiffany ah~” or “fany ah~” for short. This girl’s face will instantly light up, flashing her trademark eyesmile that melts everyone’s heart while arching her back and tucking in her chin, all these upon the melodious voice of Taeyeon.  These two girls love each other and they both know it but society is shallow to never notice how great these two can be together even though they are both girls.

Back to our protagonist Taeyeon.  “What was her regret” you might ask. ‘

 

She regretted chasing for her dreams.

 

She regretted not knowing that what she had might simply be the best.

 

Most of all, she regretted giving up that adorable mushroom for her career.

 

She regretted. But it was all too late.

 

Two years ago, Taeyeon went to OO Entertainment to pursue her dream of being a singer. She was born with a melodious voice that could go higher than any piano key. It was decided that three months of training will be enough for her to be a ballad singer that would make it big. And no doubt at all, she did make big bucks with every song she sang. But the company thought that it wasn’t enough. After all, money was their biggest goal. So Taeyeon was asked to work with Choi Siwon, the most eligible bachelor that ever lived. He was rich, handsome, a famous singer and a gentleman. It was no wonder that fangirls crowd around him all the time.

The Siwon-Taeyeon unit soon gained a huge number of fans and shippers, unexpectedly. The company then decided that the two of them should be in a relationship so that they can raise publicity. Taeyeon reluctantly accepted the offer because she knew that her career would be finished if she did otherwise. But deep down in her heart, she knew that she loved someone else...


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Fany ah, I’m ho--” Taeyeon’s words was cut off when she saw Tiffany with a pair of hands wrapped around her waist. A blonde head then appeared from behind, it was Nickhun, one of Taeyeon’s ex-classmate. Tears rolled down both Tiffany and Taeyeon’s cheeks. Silence took over. It was as if these two are speaking with their eyes in their own world.

 

She regretted…