My Baozi

My Baozi

 

I blew my hands as I waited for the line to move. I groaned and rubbed my arms together, ‘Damn stupid winter’ I complained in my head. The line was taking forever; I was just about to get out of the line until someone screamed out loudly.

“Oh come on! WHY WONT THE LINE MOVE!? I NEED MY BUN!” Someone screamed from behind me. I whipped around to see a chubby face, which reminded me a lot of a baozi, which is a Chinese steamed bun. Everyone was now staring at him.

“What?” He shrugged and went back to staring at his phone. Everyone slowly went back to their business. I saw a couple of school girls staring at him and giggling. I took a closer look at him and for some reason; I wanted to pinch his cheeks. His brown hair was hidden under a beanie and half of his face was covered by the white scarf he wore.

“Um, miss your order?” The counter lady coughed out. I turned around and realised I was in front of the line now and it was my turn. I cleared my throat and straighten up.

“Can I please have a hot chocolate with 3 marshmallows please?” I kindly asked. I took out my wallet and took out 5 dollars. The lady nodded before taking my money and giving me change. I went to sit at a table at the back by the window. I stuffed my hands in my pockets on my jacket and leaned back, staring out in the window. After a few more minutes I heard someone cough. I looked up to see the guy holding a brown bag, which I presumed was his buns.

“Uh yes, may I help you” The guy rubbed the back of his neck,

“Uh, I was just wondering if this seat was taken, everywhere else is full” He said, I took a look behind him and realised that all the seats where taken except mine. I nodded and took my bag off the spare seat and placed it on the floor beside my foot. He flashed me a smile and sat down, placing the brown bag on the table tops. He unravelled his scarf and placed it on his lap. I watched him through the window and my god was I surprised. He was rather good looking, he didn’t look like a piece of art but he was still good looking. He took out a bun and started to munch on it.

“Miss, your hot chocolate” The waiter said as he approached the table, he placed it in front of me with a plate that had 3 marshmallows on it. I thanked him and he walked away, cleaning up a table. I placed the marshmallows in the drink and stirred it with a spoon. I looked up to see him staring to me, well at the drink. I cleared my throat and his attention went to me now, I raised an eyebrow.

“OH, sorry I was just curious, how do you drink that. I mean, does it taste nice to put that stuff in?” He asked tilting his head to the side. I nodded,

“I like sweet things, so I find it rather nice” I replied with my eyes on the drink. He nodded, slowly taking the info in. I looked up and stared at the bun he had in his hand.

“What about that? Is that nice?” I asked, pointing at the white bun. He gasped and placed a hand on his heart,

“YOU HAVE NEVER TRIED THESE?!” He gasped, I slowly nodded. He placed the back of his hand to his forehead and pretended to faint.

“These are the best! Here try some” He tore a bit of the bun on the bottom and gave it to me. I took it and it was surprisingly soft. I plopped it in my mouth and chewed. I slowly smiled,

“Waa, it’s nice!” I exclaimed. He shot me a smirk,

“Of course it is!” I looked at my half-finished drink. I pushed it in front of him,

“Here you try” He stared at the drink sceptically; I rolled my eyes and giggled.

“It’s not poisonous” I urged him to try it. He slowly took the drink and placed it on his lips, taking a sip of the hot chocolate. His eyes lit up like a Christmas tree.

“OMO! IT’S SOO NICE!” He joyfully yelled. I laughed out loud and shook my head, he smiled at my reaction and placed a hand out,

“I’m Minseok, Kim Minseok but people called me Xiumin” He gave me a crooked smile. I smiled and shook his hand which was soft as well.

“I’m Go Hye Mi” We chatted a few more minutes. It seems like he was a trainee in SM Entertainment.

“Ah, I have to go” I said pouting, I stood up and took my bag, he nodded and stood up as well.

“I have to go as well, I’ll you” He said smiling. We both walked out of the café and said our goodbyes.

“Maybe we can meet up again and I don’t know, have some buns?” He sheepishly said, he scratched the back of his neck. I giggled and nodded; we both stepped away from each other and went our different ways.

“WAIT! HYE MI-SHI!” I turned around to see Xiumin running towards me. I titled my head to the side,

“Uh, can I get your number?” He shyly asked. I blushed and nodded, I typed my number in his phone while he did the same for mine. We said bye to each other again and walked away. I held onto my phone and giggled, suddenly I heard my phone vibrate. I stopped walking and checked my phone. It was a message from Xiumin, he changed his name to Baozi <3. I read and message and turned around, he was standing there waving back at me like a little child. I giggled and nodded, I re-read the message again, it wrote ‘Tomorrow same place same time?’