1. Dear Chanyeol,

Sincerely,

Dear Chanyeol,

You're reading this now that you're finally moved in and settled down, right? If you're cheating and reading early, we're not sending you any letters. And you better write back to us the second you get a letter. If you don't, we're not sending you any more letters. Got it?

We already miss you. The dorm room is kinda lonely without you...we're supposed to get a new room mate but we plan to move to an appartment a week or so before the new quarter. If we do, we'll write you right away so you have our new address.

Don't do anything stupid while you're gone, okay? 

- Baekhyun

Ignore Baekhyun. He's still trying to cope with not having you around. If he does't write, then I will. But it would be nice if you could respond right away so we know how you're doing. 

By the time you read this it would probably have been two days since you left...we still have a lot of time before classes start back up so Barkhyun and I will try and make the most of it. You know, you leaving really messed with our summer plans. You owe us when you get back next year, okay?

-Kirs

 

Chanyeol laughed a bit at the letters. He forgot how horrible Kris' handwritting could be, but he saw the effort Kris put in to make his handwritting legible. Baekhyun's handwritting, on the other hand, was really pretty. Not in a girly way but Chanyeol had yet to meet a guy with handwritting better than Baekhyun's. Chanyeol put down the letters and looked for his notebook paper and a sharp pencil. He smiled as the lead naturally glided along the lines. His hands didn't miss a single beat as he wrote every word he wanted to say.

 

Baekhyun! Kris!

You guys...jeez...I was really close to opening the letter on the train but I didn't. Happy? It didn't make me want to turn around and abandon my study abroad plans, though. If anything I got a good laugh out of Baekhyun's words.

Baekhyun, you're so mean. Were you always like this? I can't even remember...maybe you were nicer when I first met you. I'll do all the stupid stuff I want. And you can't do anything about it. HA! Maybe I should take pictures and send them to you so you can see all the dumb things I do when you aren't around. I'll just have to figure out how to print the pictures...hmn...I'll think of something.

Kris, you understand me much better. You'll still love me even if I don't write as often as I want to, right? But I will try and write back right away. And yes. I will treat you guys to some fun event next summer. But I'll still be a poor college kid so no gurantees it will be fancy. And uh...not to be rude but Kris...please just type your letters from now on. I swear it took me five minutes to read what you wrote.

So yeah. I'm all settled in and I start work next week. I hope you guys find a good appartment. I get to move in with you guys when I come back to the city, yeah? Also, I'm just going to write seperate letters to you guys from now on. Like...I'll stuff the papers in the same envelope but you guys get different letters. That's how penpals are supposed to work, right? Iono. Feels more personal if I write you guys individual letters. So expect that to happen next time. 

-Chanyeol

 

Chanyeol folded his letter and put it in an envelope. He addressed it, stamped it, and put it on his table to drop off at the post office the next morning.

Chanyeol was excited. How could he not be? Sure he was scared and sad about living on his own and away from his best friends for a year, but being in the country was exciting. Chanyeol planned on majoring in engineering with a specialization in underdeveloped regions. Working in the country was the best way to understand what his future would hold. Baekhyun and Kris were both fairly supportive and understood where Chanyeol was coming from, but he knew there were really upset to lose Chanyeol for the year. Their goodbyes at the train station were short. Baekhyun was practically bawling before the train even pulled into the station. Kris was teary eyed but managed to keep himself together. When Baekhyun and Kris finally left the station, Chanyeol let himself cry.

The first week went by fast. Chanyeol was really into learning about country life and time just slipped by. He had managed to figure out the layout of the town he was in and was learning the names and jobs of the people and things around him.

It wasn't until the second week he got a letter.

 

Chanyeol!

You're alive! I'm skipping formalities from now on. And I am not mean!

BUT YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT! Kris and I went to mall the other day and he totally made a fool of himself. Ugh...you would have laughed at him, too. He practically fell into the fountain while checking some girls out. Too bad they had some guys with them. Hahaha. I hope a security camera caught him. I'd pay to see that all over again.

Oh, I'm including our appartment address now. We found a place and worked out a deal with the landlord already. We wont move in for a little while, but at least you have this address now.

Hope to hear back from you, soon!

-Baekhyun

 

Happy? I'll type my letters from now on since my handwriting is so bad. Brat.

But I'm gald to hear you're settled in and ready to get started. Also, if you don't get a letter from Baekhyun next time, it's probably because I killed him for the mall incident I'm certain he's laughing about even as you are reading this. Why couldn't he have been the one to disappear for a year?

Not a lot has happened these last couple of days. I don't know. Hopefully something eventful happens soon or maybe you finally decide to pack up and come back home. 

And if you ever figure out the whole photo thing, we'll return the favor and try throwing some pictures in.

-Kris

 

Chanyeol had to admit that the big reason he wanted the be penpals with his friends was because Chanyeol knew he would be homesick. But at least with the small letters and warm messages from his friends - even if they are threatning to kill each other - were enough to remind Chanyeol that someone cares about him; that someone was waiting for him to come home.

It didn't make it any easier for Chanyeol that he was the youngest. Kris was older by a year, but he took a year off before going to college to travel and deal with some family matters. Baekhyun was only half a year older, but to Baekhyun that still made Chanyeol the baby of the group. Chanyeol was babied a little so not having his friends to nag him was unsettling. 

Chanyeol put the letter down and pulled out a couple pieces of paper.

Dear Kris,

Thank you for your lovely letter. I could actually read it this time. Hahahaha

I knew I would regret leaving...why did you have to wait for me to leave to do something stupid? I never get to see you do stupid stuff! Let met see you do something stupid. You always laugh at me for all the little things I do. And please don't kill Baekhyun. I'd hate for the first thing I do when I come home is visit his grave and your jail cell.

I was talking with a girl who I work with and she has a polaroid camera she's letting me borrow. Expect pictures next time!

-Chanyeol

Chanyeol stuffed the letter inside an envelope. He looked at the blank piece of paper in front of him meant for every word he wanted Baekhyun to hear. Every word.

Dear Baek,

Don't deny that you're a brat at times. And a mean one, at that. But I love you for that :P

Anywho. Uh...you know you and Kris are my best friends, right? And you know I really care about you guys, right? Well uh...we need to talk. In private. I know that's weird to say but I need you to not show Kris the next thing I send you. I really really did want to say something before I left for the middle of nowhere, but I couldn't do it when I knew the last memory of me would be so...well...yeah...I don't know what I'm really saying anymore.

Promise me that you'll keep everything I say from now on from Kris, please? and I mean everything.

-Chanyeol

 

------

AHHH OMG

RAWR

Sorry. I really wish I could write more but I can't find a lot of time. And when I do, I find time and inspiration for the WRONG STORIES >.> I want to work on the epic fic and a couple other on-going/collections I already started, but this one is what's at the front of my mind these days. I don't want to lose the premise of this one cause I really do like where I see this going. It will stay on the short side, tho.

Anywho...don't be surprised if I disappear off the face of the earth again for a long time...bug me if you want and I'll try and respond. As far as any story writting goes...that will hopefully happen when my classes go on break in about 3 weeks. /sigh/