Promise

A Fat girl who wants to be love.

“Ahh...” Yoseop ran over the rooftop brick fence. “This is so cool.”

I was panting, tired from the 10 story stairs. “Wa-wait for me.”

It was almost sun set. The sun was making it way down towards the city.

Finally I reached the brick fence, looking forwards. I can see the whole city from there.

 

“This is so beautiful!” I beamed.

Suddenly forgot all my grief.

Yoseop chuckled, “It’s my secret place. I come here almost every day after work.” He then jumped to the fence and sat on it.

His legs dangling on each side of the wall and swing his body left and right, making imagination speeding car sound.

“What the hell—, “I cried, “Seobie! Get down from there! You’ll fall over!”

He ignored me.

This is the 10thfloor, for Pete sake!

When he saw my horror face, he finally stopped and jumped down. “You’re such a coward.” He teased.

I blushed, “Babo.”

Then we stood by the fence, looking at the sun waving goodbye.

After a moment, “Gomawo.” I said, placing my chin on my hand over the fence.

Yoseop turned to me, “No problem.” He smiled.

“How do you know?” I turned to him.

“Know what?”

“That I’m sad and feeling lonely.”

He chuckled, “I hear you calling my name. Yoseop~ Yoseop~” he mimicked.

I pushed him lightly, giggling. “Yahh--- I didn’t sound like that. You’re exaggerating.”

We laughed.

Then he said, “So tell me. Why are you feeling sad?”

I sighed, “I’m just unlucky I guess. Everyone hates me. Even my best friend backstabs me. Or so I thought she’s my bff.”

“But I don't hate you. Things happened. That’s life. It’s all up to you to change it. It’s in your hand.”

I was moved by his words. Then I decided.

“That’s right!” I pulled out my fist, “I’ll lose weight!”

Yoseop made a confuse look, “Huh?”

“Well, you see, I’m tired by all the looks by others towards me. How they disgrace me. How they fool me around.” I faced Yoseop with full spirit, “I promise you. I’ll be as slim as Miss Universe!”

Yoseop just chuckled, as he pat my head and said, “I’ll wait.”