The Perfect cure

The Perfect cure

 

 

She sighed for countless of time. Being left alone in a white room, lying on top of a white fitted bed bored her. She felt really helpless. Lifting a glass of water without spilling also felt almost impossible for her. She scanned her surroundings. The white room only was decorated with a green plant in the corner of the room beside a large window. At least it existence felt a bit lively.

 

The doctor was just finished examining her condition and left the room after giving some instruction a nurse that accompanying him. He did ask her to take a good rest for her health, but somehow she still couldn’t fell asleep. Maybe because the medicine injected in the saline water connected to her arm hadn’t reached her yet. She turned to her side, facing the wall. Thankfully the curtain bind was left open and it revealed the serene scenery outside. The wavy haired girl stared blankly to the window as some fuzzy images of the thing happened started flowing into her mind.

 

 

-5 hours earlier-

 

 

It’s 3pm now. About more than a half artists that going to perform tonight had arrived at the stadium. Some of them are getting ready for the last rehearsal, while some of them busy chit chatting with other groups about their latest activities. Outside, the stadium already crowded with fans that came from various of places. They gathered in large group and in their hands were banners and postcards of their favourite artists. Feeling excited and happy to meet their artist in the concert.

 

A black minivan slowed down across the crowd of people. Some fans that glanced and recognized the artist inside squealed to see them. The minivan then entered a guarded path. Reaching its destination, the minivan then parked and the door opened. A handsome young man came out, walked towards the entrance and stopped in the middle. He inhaled deeply. “So this is it!” The leader spoke. While making 180 degree turn, he tilted his head side to side, stretching himself. Another boy walked over and stood near his leader.

 

“Are you ready, hyung?” Yonghwa nodded with a smile.

 

“Oi, I know you’re excited, but don’t forget your guitar, hyung!” The tallest boy shouted from the back. Another boy just gave a wide grin seeing his teammates excited. He went to the back, unloading his and his teammates’ instruments.

 

“Let’s go!”

 

 The four of them entered the entrance door. By the time they arrived at the stage, they were just on time for last protocol briefing. The rehearsal will start after the briefing. While walking to an open space, the smiled and gave a slight bow with some greeting to the their artist friends. At last they make a stop at a certain area near the stage stairs, which was the only space that can fit all four of them.

 

“Mic test, 1,2!” A person wearing a cap walked on the stage with a mikrofon in his hand. “Settle down guys. We’re going to start our last rehearsal. Like yesterday’s rehearsal, all artist will perform on the stage according to the sequence.” A person in charge started giving instruction to make all thing went as planned.

 

Yonghwa brought out a certain paper from his pocket. He checked the list that he received before. Based the list, CNBlue would need to get onto stage about two times, excluding the goodbye stage. Yonghwa himself would be super busy MC-ing the whole concert together with SNSD Tiffany and B2st Kikwang. He looked forward among the crowd of artists. It was a bit frustrating since he couldn’t get to host the concert together with his ex-imaginary couple, Seohyun.

 

While waiting for the rehearsal to start, Yonghwa looked around. A certain rookies group behavior just a few feet from them took his attention. EXO D.O grabbed a mineral water and twisted open the bottle cap before drank the contents. His other member, Sehun approached.

 

“What’s up?”

 

“A-aniyo… Somehow I felt a little nervous today.” Answered D.O.

 

Chanyeol, who was around him, heard his comment and gave a wide grin, “Relax. It’s not like this is the first time performing on stage.” He tapped his back.

 

“I know that. But I still get this stage fright every now and then. Plus, today we got many sunbaenims performing along.” Suddenly, D.O felt someone slung his arm on his shoulder. He gave the boy a sudden hug closed the gap between his lips and D.O bare cheek. He shuddered! D.O faced the boy that kissed him with wide eye. Chanyeol gave a toothy smile while D.O’s back to comfort him.

 

“Kai! What is that for?”

 

The main dancer of the group just smiled. “Well, don’t you know? A kiss can cure everything”

 

The wide eyed-boy placed a hand on his cheek. “Well, did I sick or something?”

Kai shrugged. “Sort of.” He raised his eyebrows, “Still feeling nervous?”

“Fortunately, not anymore”

Chanyeol cut the conversations. He put his arms on both D.O’s and Kai’s shoulder. “Well, you see, this cure would be more powerful if it being given by another gender and on your lips, instead of your cheek.” The rapper explained, his cheeky smile never subside. Then he high fived with smirking Sehun.

 

Yonghwa whom saw the entire incident let out a chuckle. ‘A lips-to-lips kiss from another gender can cure anything huh? They are sure really cunning.’ He thought to himself. His thought died as he heard his name being mentioned.

 

“CNBlue Jung Yong Hwa, SNSD Tiffany and B2ST Kikwang. Please step onto the stage because we’re going our rehearsal soon and I want to give a short briefing for today’s MC”

 

 

~~~The Perfect Cure~~~

 

 

The stillness of the hallway was broken by three sets of footsteps. The soft clip clop of heels against the white tilled floor finally made a stop by a certain door that had been pointed out by a nurse in charge. One of the visitor took a lead and lightly knocked the door before turned the door knob. She took a peek inside slightly.

 

“Looks like she’s sleeping right now.” Yuri informed the other two. The other girls just responded with a nod. Yuri pushed the door open and let herself in while the other two followed from behind.

 

“Omo! She need to use the IV drip. Is it too serious? This is my first time seeing her like this.” Yoona gaped.

 

 Hyoyeon moved closer to the bed. “Maknae-yaa”

 

It was not too long then when they saw their maknae’s eyebrow twitched and frown forming on her face. Seeing the girl woke up, Yuri and Yoona walked closer to the bed with a worried face. Seohyun opened her eyes and blinked a few times, adjusting with the light.

 

“Unnies?” Her voice sound a bit crooked.

 

Hyoyeon took a seat  next to the bed and cupped her hands in hers. “We’re really shocked when we heard you fainted. Are you feeling any better?”

 

She gave a weak smile and nodded. “Yes, unnie. Doctor said I can get out tomorrow”

 

“Maknae-ya, please don’t do this again. Arrachi? Don’t push yourself too much.”

 

“Ya! Seohyun sick right now. Don’t make noise” Hyoyeon gave a death glare.

 

“But your voice is louder than Yuri unnie.” Yoona stepped between the two girls. She then moved closer to the laying girl and gave a bouquet of flowers. “Look what I bring, Seohyun. Nice flower isn’t it?”

 

Seohyun gave a smile. “Thanks Yoona Unnie”

 

Hyoyeon rose. “We shouldn’t disturb you more. You need to rest and be healthy again.”  She patted the girl’s head. “Our manager is waiting at the lobby. We’re going first. By the way, the other member send their regards.” Seohyun nodded.

 

“Take your medicine and rest well okay?” advice Yuri while walking to the door again. Yoona who was pushed by the dancing queen just manage to gave a smile and waved.  As the door closed, Seohyun was all alone again. She stared at the beautiful bouquet she received until the medicine made it magical works to make her fall asleep again.

 

 

~~~The Perfect Cure~~~

 

 

-a few hours earlier-

 

 

“Okay you wonderful people!! Do you want more?!” Yonghwa shouted enthusiastically into the crowd. His question was answered by screaming voices saying yes. He nodded and gave a smile before turning to other two MC beside him.

 

“The show is halfway through right now, and even I feel excited to see the next show.” Said Tiffany, showing her eye-smile. “So, who’s going to perform next, Kikwang-ssi?”

 

“The next group will be a girl group.” The crowd screamed. Kikwang flashed a smile. “I really like this group”

 

“Chinca? Do you like the group or you like the group because one of the girl?” Yonghwa asked with raising eyebrow. Tiffany giggled and lightly smacked him.

 

B2st Kikwang just let out a laugh and avoided the question, “Let’s call upon…”

 

“KARA!” all three MC’s shouted in uniform.

 

As KARA walked up the stage, all three MC moved behind the stage. Yonghwa plug out his earpiece. He tapped on Tiffany’s shoulder. “It’s about my turn soon. I’ll be going first to change my attire.”

 

“Okay. Hwating Yonghwa-ssi”

 

The boy dashed to the waiting room where his dongsaeng where busy practicing without him. There was not many people lingering around the waiting room as most group were behind the stage, calculating their time to step on the stage. As he walked through the hall way a certain door opened. It was SNSD’s room. Yonghwa slowed his pace. A certain long haired girl came out with her face looking down to  the floor. She walked down the hallway with a hand plastered on the wall, somewhat supporting her. Yonghwa hesitated. The girl never looked up although their shoulder almost touched when she walked across him.

 

“Hyun…” His voice was soft and emanating a caring feeling.

 

Seohyun turned to find the source of the voice. She really missed the voice.

 

“…Yoong~ oppa…” said the girl with a weak smile.

 

Suddenly Seohyun collapsed. Thankfully she was able to grab Yonghwa’s arm and alerted him to catch her. “Oh my gosh, HYUN!”

 

The long haired girl fall into the boy’s strong arm. Panicked started to flow into his mind as he see no one except them in the hall way. It’s all up to him now. Without any delay, he picked her up bridal style and walked hurriedly to CNBlue dorm.

 

“Hyung! Minhyuk excited voice filled in the room as Yonghwa twisted the door knob open. But the members look changed as they saw a girl in their leader’s arm. Almost instantly, Jonghyun and Jungshin rose from the sofa and cleared it from any unnecessary things. Yonghwa carefully put her on the sofa.

 

“She’s burning with fever. “ His gaze turned to the drummer. “Inform SNSD member about this and find someone responsible to bring her to the hospital.”

 

“Y-yes hyung!”

 

The CNBlue leader rose from his sitting position and turned around. He looked like trying to find something.

 

“What is it, Hyung?”

 

“At any chance, do we have any handkerchief?”

 

Jonghyun gave a little thought. His eyes scanned the room. At last he snapped his finger before he went to their instrument bags. He opened one of the zip and pull out a white cloth. “I just remember you put one of yours in the bag.” He gave the handkerchief.

 

“I really forgot about it. Thanks!” Yonghwa then opened up a mineral bottle and wetted the white cloth. And suddenly…

 

BBANG!

 

The room door shot open.

 

The loud sound startled the two boy inside. Both head turned to the door. The door opened and revealed Yuri and Hyoyeon. They rushed to the laying girl on the sofa, not caring to the boys. While other members of SNSD just waited outside the waiting room. They don’t want to make the room crowded and worsened her health.

 

“SEOHYUN! Ottokae? What happen to you actually?” Hyoyeon panicked.

 

“Umm… She collapsed when I met her. Looks like she has a fever.”

 

Yuri touched Seohyun’s forehead and in split second, she retreated back her hand “She really are burning.”

 

Yonghwa gave the wetted handkerchief. Yuri took from his hand and placed on her burning forehead. The coolness from the cloth woke Seohyun. She slowly opened her eyes and blinked several times.

 

“Unnie….” Her voice sounded strange. “Mianhe…” tears started to form in the corner of her eyes.

 

“Shh… It’s okay. Just have a rest okay.” Said Hyoyeon, patting the girl’s head a bit. “We will take care of the concert.” Hyoyeon wiped away the tears coming down her plump cheek. “Don’t worry much”

 

“Where is she?” suddenly a male voice coming from the door. It was the SNSD manager. “ Come Seohyun, we’re going to the hospital” with that statement, Seoyun was placed onto a wheelchair and carried out.

 

Before the manager stepped out the door, he halted beside the CNBlue  leader, placing a hand  on his shoulder. “ Thank you very much, Yonghwa. Don’t forget that you still have a performance to go. Hwaiting”

 

 

~~~The Perfect Cure~~~

 

 

It was already past 10pm. The situation in the hospital was calm and filled with serenity. Most of the patient occupied had already gone to sleep, leaving the nurses by the desk completing their work. It probably too late for a person to come over for a visit to the hospital, but in the hallway was a person walking leisurely, despite the time curfew. He walked to one of the nurses desk, leaning a bit. He gave a sweet smile to the nurse that seemed shy to see him there.

 

“Can I know SNSD  Seohyun room, please”

 

“She can’t take any visitors anymore, and plus it already pass the visiting time already, Yonghwa-ssi. You have to come a bit earlier.”

 

His expression changed. He sighed. Hearing him sighed had made the nurse feeling burden. He took a step back from the counter and looked at his surroundings. His corner lips tucked to one side as he leaned back to the counter.

 

“It’s seemed that only you working at this area.” He told her, half whispering. “Please let me in, let me visit her, this is the only chance I can meet her.”

 

The nurse hesitated and burdened at the same time. Seeing his pledge still not working enough, the CNBlue leader placed his bag on the counter, ped it and rummaged inside. After some moments, he brought out a small box of chocolate and one of his picture. He signed both of them and gave the nurses. This time, the nurse sigh. Who could resist that kind of rare present from a successful artist like him. She rose from her seat and ushered the young lad to his requested room.

 

“This is SNSD Seohyun room. I can only cover you around 30 minutes. It will be quite hard after that.” Said the nurse.

 

“Thank you. That’s more than enough. Thanks”

 

Reaching the door knob, he twisted and pushed it open. The room was already been dimmed out to let her get a good rest. The moonlight from the windows and the dimmed bedside lamp illuminate her angelic, innocent face. With careful steps, he walked towards the bed with the lying girl. From this side of view, he could see some sweat forming on her forehead, flattening her beautiful bang. He swept her hair on one side and placed the back of his hand on her forehead and the other hand on his forehead, comparing their body heat.

 

‘looks like her temperature has going down’

 

He tucked a stray hair behind her ear, revealing a face that he always miss. A soft smile forming on his face. The CNBlue leader then slid a chair nearer to the bed and sat down. He pressed his lips in a thin line as he watched his ex-WGM couple sleeps.

 

As if knowing that someone was there, the sleeping girl awoke. She blinked and squinted a bit, unable to see much in the dimmed bedroom with her condition. She turned her head and met a very familiar figure in front of her.

 

“… Yoo~ng..?” One hand swayed helplessly over the guest to make sure she was not dreaming.

 

He was glad to see her woke up. He caught her delicate hand and gave a reassuring firm. Feeling happy to meet her ex-WGM, she tried to rose from her bed. But a pair of hand lightly blocked her for doing so.

 

“Just stay. You still need your rest.” Seohyun nodded.

 

He sat back on the chair. “How are you feeling right now?”

 

“Much better than before” She smiled. “The doctor said I can checked out early in the morning tomorrow.”

 

“Good to hear that.” He laced their fingers together. It was a really pleasant time of silence.

 

Yonghwa took a glance at his watch. His expression change to full of hesitation. But thanks to the dimmed room, Seohyun unable to trace his changed expression. He rose from his seat.

 

“Yoo~ng….”

 

But her speech was cut off when his lips touch hers. It lasted for a moment before he retreated, revealing a confused Seohyun. He smirked.

 

“I’ve learned that this is a powerful cure for you”

 

“But you’ll get infected…”

 

“Just get well soon, and I will not get infected.”

 

With that statement he walked away with the warm sensation of their first kiss lingers on their lips.

 

 

The end

~~~The Perfect Cure~~~

 

A/n: Please leave a review for me. i want to know how is my story affect you :)
Thanks for reading