Chapter 19

Her Choice

Jiyong's POV

 

Graduation was coming up soon and I just couldn't wait! 

Before that could happen, I made sure to live my high school life to the fullest. I hanged out with my friends and of course my best girl. 

 

Bom and I are still going strong even though she hasn't said it yet. I do want to hear it from her but I think actions speak louder than words.

 

After our first kiss, I always initiated it or anything considered intimate. This time, she would be the one to initiate it. And it always caught me by surprise.Her soft lips moving against mine. Her scent would linger around me for a whole day and I love it! she became bolder with her actions lately. Everytime she would do that, my heart would burst as if I could just die happy from now on.

 

But sometimes, I think it's because she feels guilty. We do go on a lot of dates but sometimes she cancels them. She tells me it's because her parents are showing her the ropes for their business. I guess she's trying to make up for it with those mind-blowing kisses. I actually have no issues about it.

 

Just a few weeks before graduation, here I am sitting with my friends. My best friend, Chaerin on my right and , my best girl on my left. I had my arm around Bom's shoulder and brought her closer so her head was resting on my shoulder. She liked to cuddle I guess. She somehow got weaker by the minute but she say's she's just stressed with all the final exams and her parents' constant back and forth lessons of running a business. She was going to be working for them during the summer.

 

Bom was feeding my food the whole time like always. Chaerin would tease me about it. But then she would always walk away when Bom and I shared some PDA. 

 

When we were walking home together, Chaerin explained that the whole PDA reminded her of being single. She broke up with her boyfriend when she moved here. 

 

She said it was for the best since long-distance relationships are hard to maintain. it would only hurt.

 

Thinking about long-distance relationships never occurred to me until that moment. 

 

"Jiyong?" my darling mom was constantly pushing the fork to my lips while calling out my name. I instantly snapped out of my thoughts. I looked at her and everything I was thinking about instantly vanished.

"What's wrong," she asked.

 

"Nothing," I replied and took the piece of meat in the fork into my mouth. 

 

"Why aren't you eating Bom?" it was obvious but it looked like she was on a diet since she barely ate.

 

"I don't have that much of an appetite anymore. And besides, you like it when I feed you," her excuse always succeed in shutting me up about her food intake. I couldn't deny my lady when she offers to feed me. Especially when she brings home cooked meals to lunch.

 

"Ok."

 

 

 

I was walking home with Chaerin now since Bom's parents picked her up to go somewhere. 

 

We walked slow and silent. 

 

"Ji?" chaerin asked.

 

"Yeah? What?"

 

"As your best friend, I want to know about your relationship with Bommie."

 

"Yeah, what about it?"

 

"Since, we're all going to graduate. You will attend the art school and Bommie will be somewhere with her parents or probably in business school….are you going to be okay with that?"

 

Long-distance relationships.

 

"Never talked to her about it, but we can work it out. There's always the weekend to see her."

 

"Ok, good! That's great but I want to make sure…are you confident?"

 

"What? Of course I am."

 

"Will you stay by Bommie's side no matter what?"

 

"of course!"

 

"Ok good," Chaerin smiled with satisfaction and kept on walking.

 

"Why the sudden questions?"

 

"Just wanted to know that you wouldn't end up like my previous relationship. I don't want my friends growing apart because you're both taking different paths."

 

Chaerin can be cute sometimes. SHe always thinks of her friends even if she sometimes scares me when things don't go her way. I'm lucky to have her in my life.

 

"I'll make sure that won't happen. If my relationship with Bom has reached this far, Im sure we can take it even further," I had me head held high and looked at the blue sky. Graduation was coming and many things will bound to change. But I'm sure that my love for Bom will never change.

 

 

 

 

Bom's POV

 

 

It was only days before graduation and Jiyong still doesn't know. I've been keeping in contact with Yongbae about my condition. He was always like the older brother.He things it'd be best to tell Jiyong but I refused like always.

 

"When are you going to tell him Bom? He has the right to know. He cares about you and he's not going to leave you because of it. Is that why you won't tell him?" Yongbae and I had those kinds of conversations again. It always went back to the subject of telling my friends about the whole truth.

 

"Yongbae, it's not because of that, that I won't tell him. It's because of me."

 

"Then what is it about you?"

 

"I'm dying…or close to it."

 

"No you're not! Don't ever say those words Bom. You love him right?"

 

"I do. I do love him but I can't offer anything back. In the end I'm just going to end up relying on him while I just stay put and don't do anything . Don't say anything else Yongbae. I've been keeping track of my health and it's not good. My body is not responding well to medication here. So…"

 

"So what is it?

 

"The doctor suggested for me to go out of the country so I could get the best medication. I'm going back to America Yongbae. I'm going to be Jenny again and stay there for a while…" my voice died down after telling him the whole reality. 

 

"You're parents? They know this too right?" 

 

"Yeah, they're coming with me. They're already handled their business."

 

"Then what are you going to tell Jiyong then?"

 

"I'll tell him that I'm moving to America. I can't say it Yongbae. I've hidden the truth from him for this long. I don't think I can burden him with my problems at this point. I do care about okay? That's why he doesn't need to know. He only needs to worry about his own life not mine."

 

"Then what are you going to do?"

 

I know I have to reply to that question no matter how wrong my answer will be. 

 

"I have to let him go Yongbae. I love him and that's why I have to do it."

 

"BOm, before you even tell him, I want you to think about it. The way Jiyong acts around you, I've seen it. The way you two are distracted by each other, I've seen it okay? And it's not easy to let go of that. I want you to thi-"

 

"I've already thought over everything Yongbae. I have to let him go."

 

When my conversation with Yongbae ended, I was now sitting at the foot of my bed crying. I had to just let out all of my tears right now. I had to be prepared for that moment.

I can't cry in front of Jiyong. If I do, I'm sure I'd end up blurting out the whole truth.

 

My tears flowed one by one while I looked at the pictures of Jiyong and I. 

 

I'm going to miss that smile of his. 

 

 

A/N: I'm so sorry but this is how the story is. There's still more and don't think it's even close to the end. 

 

I'm sorry and I'm pretty sure you want to strangle me for making it this way. bUt who doesn't love twists?

 

Just a heads up that Chaerin will appear more in the future chapters:)