That Night In Seoul

A Different Kind Of Love Language

Kyoungmi's POV

I'm a little nervous.. Jonghyun wants me to meet him after school? And without Onew? I never go anywhere without Onew, or else I'd be scared and confused..

Plus.. I never really talk to anyone besides Onew.. and even before I met Onew I didn't make contact with anyone except with my parents... well I remember I had friends before...two bestfriends that promised to stick by my side.. but that was a year ago and things changed big time..

I always kept the photo we took of the three of us in my binder.. even though they probably forgot about me and lost contact with me.. I'll never forget them. Well, because, they were my first ever friends made back in middle school. Real life friends.. friends that I'd thought would stick by my side.. but I was wrong..

I glanced at my binder that was laying on top of my desk in the classroom. I sat far away from everyone else knowing I couldn't communicate with them well. The teacher told me to sit at the lonely desk aside from everyone else. She had a private lesson with me afterwards because she knew I couldn't hear.. doing that to me just makes me feel worse.. that's one reason why I don't want to go to school..

I took my binder and held it in front of me. I smiled at the pictures of me and my old friends taking random photos in a photo booth that one year ago.. We took goofy pictures and had the time of our lives enjoying each others presence while it lasted..

There we all stood, three best friends, three true smiles... I remember we were all laughing so hard that the tears came pouring out as we examined the picture afterwards..

Here I am, a year later, looking at the same picture.. it still has the same affect on me except these are tears of sadness.. personalities changed, promises got broken, all we are now is an old photograph..

I never realized I was crying so much in class until I felt someone tap my shoulder. I quickly turn around and saw Jonghyun looking at me..

I was stunned to see that class ended already.. no one was in the classroom anymore but me and Onew's friend.. even the teachers gone. 

I guess she forgot that I was here again..

I glanced back up at Jonghyun who kept smiling at me. I curiously looked at him and saw his smile soften. He took a hold of my hand and led me out of the classroom, through the hallway, and out the front doors.

He finally let go of my hand and we were staring face to face outside the school. It felt so awkward being with someone else alone without Onew.. how do I communicate with him? .. He doesn't know sign language does he?

Without thinking I started to sign to him.

'What are we doing?'

He looked at me oddly and pouted. He was holding a notebook and pens in his hands. Then he started to write on it and show me.

I'm sorry I can't read sign language.

I laughed and took the notebook from him. I started to write on it.

If we both can't speak to each other, then why did you want to meet me here alone after school?

He chuckled and took the notebook back. We rotated in giving and writing on the notebook to each other afterwards.

Because I wanted to get to know you more.

Alright, but that seems hard don't you think?

Not if we're willing to try together (:

Uhmm.. but I feel more comfortable with Onew..

He looked at the notebook in silence and out of no where grabbed my hand again and started pulling me down the street. I tried tugging away gently, afraid of where we were going, but he held on to me tighter. 

After about our fifteen minute walk we finally stopped in this downtown area like place. I was scared because all I saw were shops set up on each side of me with smoke coming out from each booth. There we so many food stands and small, outdoor restaurants where you can see the cook, cook in front of you from the table. 

Some stores we passed by had cute shops selling kawaii products. The only reason why I was scared of this place was because it was so crowded and people always shove you aside to without saying 'excuse me' just to get to their way.. 

Why were we here anyways? 

Jonghyun finally stopped in front of this booth. I looked up at the sign and it was this Korean BBQ. It smelt delicious inside too! 

We both walked inside and sat down at a counter top table. I looked left and right of me and saw people pigging out on their food.. it looked so messy but the food looked yummy.

Then I saw Jonghyun talk to the cook in front of us. I think he was ordering?

I grabbed Jonghyun notebook and wrote on it. He leaned over me to get a good look of what I was writing but soon I held it up in front of his face.

What are we doing here?

He smiled and wrote back.

Eating.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled.

Obviously, but why did you take me out to eat?

So we can bond

.. why do we have to bond?

Why do you sound so mean? I just want to treat you out for lunch! ):

I lightly punched his shoulder and he just laughed. 

I'm just curious. We just met kind of and it feels weird going out with someone that I haven't really known before.

That's why there's this thing people call 'Meeting New People' :P

Ugh, nvm you don't understand what I'm trying to say.

I pouted and shoved the notebook back to him. He looked down at it and looked at me. I had an uncomfortable expression on and looked the other way. He smiled and tapped my on my shoulder.

Let me hang out with you just for this one day. I wan't to show you different places of Seoul. 

I hesitated for a moment if I should agree.. that sounds exciting. Tour around Seoul? I've never been out much, so this could be my only chance.

Fine. Just for today though :)

The cook brought us our food and the steam from the plate blew in my face. I whipped the smoke away with my hand trying to get a better look of what Jonghyun ordered for us.

I looked down at it and thought it looked weird.. what is this? I've never had food outside of school or home. School was just normal cafeteria food, and at home was just noodles or eggs and rice. I felt nervous just looking at it.. it's so.. red and orangey.. with rice and.. fried square things? 

I pointed at the plate and looked at Jonghyun. He looked at my full on curiousity and wrote on the notebook.

This is called kimchi. It's really good!

Kimchi? How weird.. that's a weird name for food. It's like Jonghyun's last name plus the pronunciation of the number '1' in japanese.

Japan's number one Jonghyun? 

I stopped thinking about the weird thought of Japan dedicating a food to Jonghyun and decided to try it myself. I grabbed a hold of the chopsticks and grabbed the square fried thing. It looks like a sliced onion.. 

I plopped it in my mouth and started to chew on it.. it's... so.. SPICY!!!

I started to cry from the taste and gulped down the water next to me. Jonghyun widened his eyes and started patting my back. I calmed down after a few minutes and glared down at the kimchi.. then I looked down at the notebook. 

What happened? Do you not like it?

NO! IT'S SO SPICY!

Well yeah if you don't eat it with the rice..

I blinked a couple times just looking at that last sentence he wrote... rice.. riiight..

I nervously scratched my head and plopped some rice in my mouth.. yeah.. that's better.

After that horrible experience of my first real meal we walked passed another shop. A drink shop I suppose.

I waited outside for a awhile and saw Jonghyun carrying two colorful drinks towards me. The cup was see-through and had a cute animation of a girl and a teddy bear as a wrapper to seal the top of the cup. I examined the drink and it was purple with little black circles inside... why are there balls in my drink?

I pointed at the cup and Jonghyun laughed again. Well, sorry for not knowing what balls in drinks are!

He tossed me the notebook and I caught it. He made a list of what he planned to show and do today for me. He crossed off the first one, which was to eat kimchi, then the second one was... drink.. boba?

What's boba?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5pasE-WyS08/S8-NwgQLRcI/AAAAAAAAAIY/h6ruy4VJ1fQ/s1600/boba_tea.jpg <---- boba lol

I took a sip of it and I swear I couldn't stop drinking it. It was so sweet and tastey! This boba was so good! and apparently, according to Jonghyun, boba are small tapioca balls. It's so squishy!

I enjoyed the drink as we walked down the street. That's when I felt this sudden cold rushing pain go up to my brain. I screeched from the pain and fell down on my knees holding my head. 

WHAT IS THIS!?!?

I tightened my eyes shut and slowly the pain went away.. I blinked and stood up calmly and began walking again. Jonghyun looked at me and tapped my shoulder.

What the heck was that?

Oh, I had this sudden cold pain in my head and it hurt so bad! But now it's gone ^^

... I think you had a brain freeze.

OMO! MY BRAIN FROZE!?

I started to freak out but then Jonghyun calmed me down.

No. It's like an icecream headache. :P

.. Icecream Headache? How strange?

Thinking of all these new experiences, I started to write it all down on my phone.

1. Kimchi. Eat it with rice or else it's too spicy! Eat it with a lot of rice with water.

2. Boba. Squishy tapioca balls. Very sweet! Drink it too fast it causes an icecream headache >.< or brain freeze!

I placed my phone back in my pocket  I looked up to see Jonghyun walking again so I jogged ahead to catch up with him.

I'm guessing you're full? He handed me the notebook.

VERY.

Was it the kimchi and the boba?

Yeah.. the kimchi kind of ruined my meal but something about it taste good :P

You're not a true korean -__-

I widened my mouth a little and pushed him away from me, offended.

I am! I never said I didn't like kimchi!

Yes you did

Pabo!

I was just joking, sheesh (x

I rolled my eyes and began writing again.

Aish, so where are we going now?

As I was writing, I felt as if I was walking alone and I was. I turned to each side of me and I saw no Jonghyun, but a quiet, empty grassland with a little sparkling pond. It was getting darker, so being alone at big grass areas creep me out..

My heart started to beat rapidly and my eyes were getting wider when I felt something going inside of my ears. I froze in fear, but quickly turned around to be greeted by Jonghyun as he tapped me on the shoulder. 

I sighed in relief and looked back at him. I noticed how there was an earphone hanging from one side of his ear and the other piece was in mine.. I was confused at first.. doesn't he know that I can't listen to music?

I grabbed the notebook from him.

Yah, I can't hear remember!

He grinned and patted my head. I glared at him

Pretend we're listening to music.

I was embarrassed at first because I thought he was going to make me sing or something.. but turns out I was completely wrong.

He grabbed both of my hands and intertwined it with his.. he brought it up to our shoulders and pulled me closer to him.. he then let go of one of my hands and placed it on his shoulder. Then he placed his free hand on my hip.

I looked down at our positions and realized we were getting ready to dance.

His face was so close to mine and I felt his soft breath gently touch my cheek. Shivers went down my body from the feeling but then quickly got replaced with nervousness.. I can't dance and I don't want to dance with him.

I was struggling to pull away, but with every tug he just pulled me closer to him. Face nearly touching.

Jonghyun mouthed out by the looks of it 'Are you nervous?'

I nodded my head and bit my lip. Why does he want to dance with me all of a sudden?

Soon we began to move with a rhythm. I looked down at Jonghyun's feet to try and follow along but it didn't quite work. I clumsily tripped over my foot and fell into his arms. The beating of my heart increased so I quickly stood back up and looked down in embarrassment. I saw how he chuckled which made me blush.. I told you I can't dance..

He pulled away and grabbed his notebook. He wrote something on it and then handed it to me.

Step onto my feet and I'll guide you through the dance.

I shook my head 'no' and wrote back.

I don't want to dance. It's so awkward!

He grabbed the notebook from me and tossed it onto the ground. He pulled me closer to him and made me step onto his feet. I slumped my shoulders in defeat and followed what he said. Our bodies were more intact than before. I had no choice but to lean my head onto his chest. This was so awkward.. especially since I was dancing with someone who wasn't Onew..

He tilted my chin up with his finger and I looked up at his glistening eyes. 

'Trust me' was what he mouthed out once more. Looking into his eyes gave me this certain and unusual feeling inside.. without hesitation I nodded and leaned my head back onto his chest.

I closed my eyes and felt his feet move.. I almost lost my balance and had a small heart attack. Without thinking I pulled our hands apart and wrapped my arms around his waist afraid to lose balance and fall. He laughed and wrapped his arms around my waist too..

I slowly opened my eyes and realized I made the wrong move.. now we were basically hugging while dancing. This isn't right!

I gulped afraid about this awkward position.. I was going to pull away one more time but then I felt his left foot move, along with my left foot.. I was too afraid to lose balance again so I went along with it. Then his right foot moved, so did mine.

The continuation of his feet moving with the rhythm of the song he was listening to continued for almost the whole night.. I was so lost into his comfortable dance movements that I started to drift off into relaxing thoughts. I felt as if this moment was perfect..

Dancing underneath the dark, starry sky.. the most romantic setting to even dream about.. just the two of us..

Thinking about this brought a happy feeling inside of me.. a feeling of comfort, bliss, and closeness... the warm pair of arms hugging me closer was what I wanted to feel in my lifetime.. the feeling of protection..

Out of no where I felt him kiss the top of my forehead.. 

I gasped and looked up at him. I didn't see him, but I saw the bright screen of my phone in my face. Wait, my phone? How'd he get my phone?

Instead of freaking out about how he grabbed my phone from my pocket I looked at the screen to see what he wrote.

3. Choosing Jonghyun as his girlfriend.

 

___________________________________

Sorry, long wait for an update Hey.. it rhymes... XD I was focusing on my final exams for school >.< Eek, it was scary.

and suspenseful ending? hahaha, wait for Key's part :P jk. Idk if it'll be that cute of a scene.

Thank you for waiting (: Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please comment, what did you think? (: