More Silence

A Different Kind Of Love Language

The ride home was awkward.. no one spoke to each other.. Onew and Kyoungmi left for home in Onew's car, while the rest took the van. In the van, it was only awkward in there because of Jonghyun and Key and how they revealed their feelings to each other in front of their crushes boyfriend..

"Yah," Minho said in the driver's seat looking at the rear view mirror to see Jonghyun and Key,"You two need to speak to each other now, you can't fight forever."

"I agree with Minho hyung! Please speak to each other again!," Taemin pleaded from the passanger seat, turning his body around to face the two sitting in the back.

They still did not say a single word..

"Sigh, how come whenever you two fight it's always because of a girl," Minho said. His comment made Jonghyun and Key look up from the ground and stare uncomfortably at each other.. the thought of their past fights made them feel like idiots because they always promised each other, once they got back together, that they'd never fight over a girl again..

----

(Flashback)

Freshman Year

"So.. many.. pretty.. girls," Jonghyun and Key spazzed out at the girls that passed by them through the hallway.

"I think the prettiest ones are the noonas," Key winked.

"Younger girls are cuter to me," Jonghyun smiled.

"You two! Get your butts to class!" Minho ordered from behind. 

"Hyung! I'm scared! I can't figure out my first class!" Taemin paniced looking at his class schedules on his already crinkled paper.

"Alright, come with me I'll bring you there," Minho said walking ahead making Taemin follow behind.

"Bye Hyung! Have a great first day of highschool!" Taemin waved good-bye to Jonghyun and Key. The two just smiled at him and waved back.

"You two both better be in class by the time I walk through those doors!" Minho yelled at them walking further away.

"We will Minho! No worries!" Key shouted back at him.

Once Minho and Taemin left from their sight they began to drool over the pretty girls again..

"Why are they all so perfect?" Key said looking at one girl that caught his eye.

"Don't question their beauty, Key" Jonghyun said looking at the same girl as well.

The girl stopped walking and turned back to face them as she felt as if she was being watched. She was the perfect height, has beautiful long wavy hair, a bow clipped to her hair, sparkly hazel eyes, and a pretty smile. Jonghyun and Key froze as they both made eye contact with her.. but they didn't know they were looking at the same girl..

"I think I found the one," Jonghyun said with a wide grin on his face.

"Same here.." Key said still looking at her.

The girl walked up to them with a sweet smile shown on her face. They were both startled by the fact that she just came up to them, but were giddy with joy and were screaming in their heads excitedly like little fan girls.

"Annyeong! I'm Park Maeki, I'm the school's vice president, are you two new?" She asked as she stood straight back up from her 90 degree bow.

They nodded multiple times which made her laugh.

"Do you two need help finding your first class?" 

They both looked down at their schedule papers then looked back up.

"You mean on a plane?" Key blinked countless times with a dorky smile still showing.

"I need help finding mine!" Jonghyun quickly asked and grabbed Maeki's hand ignoring Key's presence,"Help me, noona."

Key's smile turned to a frown and his mouth slightly opened wide from the scene that just happened in front of him.

"Of course- .. uhm, what was your name?" She asked Jonghyun.

"Kim Jonghyun, the guy that you'll most likely be seeing every now and then." She giggled from his cuteness and they both walked hand in hand through the front entrance of their school. Key was still standing in his place watching them walk off speechless and furious.

"I'll get you back for what you've done, Jonghyun," He said to himself and grumpily walked through the front doors off to his first class.

(Interruption of Flashback)

"Ooh, what happens next?" Taemin excitingly asks while Jonghyun and Key were still reminiscing about their past.. they both obviously didn't want to talk about it but Minho insisted himself.

"Well, after that they got into a fight," Minho said. Taemin gasped and put both of his hands up to his lips.

"What!? Hyungs got into a fight!? Where was I during that whole scene!?" Taemin said full of worry and disappointment.

"Tsk, remember Taemin you weren't in highschool yet so how could have you seen and heard about the fight from your side of the school?" Jonghyun says.

"I don't know, people have their ways, but anyways what happens next?" Taemin says eager to know the rest of the story.

"Well.." Minho continues on.

(Flashback Continuation)

"Maeki Noona and that new freshman guy look so cute together!"

"That couple is inseperable"

"Noona has a boyfriend? But, I thought she never had a boyfriend before"

"Freshman guy actually had the guts to talk to her?"

All around me were gossip news about Jonghyun and Maeki Noona's relationship.. apparently, she never had a boyfriend before until this day.. this is really pissing me off.. I'm supposed to be that freshman guy everyone would be gossiping about now.. Right?

"Key! There you are I've been looking for you!" Onew hyung suddenly appeared out of no where and decided to walk beside me.

"Oh.." I simply replied continuing to look down at my feet.

I felt Onew's eyes gazing upon mine.. I felt uncomfortable for a bit but shrugged off the feeling.

"Key? Are you alright? Why do you look so glum?" He asks.

Ah, finally, someone who realizes my loneliness and wants to cheer me up. I've been waiting for anyone really to come cheer me up but they always end up having this sudden feeling that I'm okay and I'm happy and normal.. retards, don't you see me with a teary-eyed expression? Do people really look like this when they're happy?

"It's nothing.." I sighed and finally looked up.

Onew nodded and looked away for a second but then turned back to me.

"Seriously, I know when my dongsaengs are down. What's wrong?" Onew asked again.

I shrugged and looked away,"By the way, It doesn't make me feel any better when you call me a dongsaeng."

"Oh, really? Ok"

Awkward silence..

"So anyways, you sure you are alright? Do we need to sit down and have a heart-to-heart moment?" He says and puts his hand on my shoulder. I look at him to see if he'll pass my test, see if he ignores my stubborness and sits me down to have a deep conversation.

"Yeah.." I said to him and sighed again. 

He nodded his head again and stayed quiet for a moment.. more awkward silence was brought among us and then he spoke.

"So anyways have you heard about Jonghyun and his new girlfriend?! They are so adorable, don't you agree?!" Onew decides to randomly burst out with a happy emotion, ignoring my sadness. I stopped walking in disbelief and looked at him.

"What?" I say so confused at the fast subject change.

"Yeah! You haven't heard about Jonghyun yet? Maeki and him are like the official favorited couple in school!' He says proudly,"Ahh, he's growing up to be a fine boy, Just like your Oppa," He says pretending to cry. 

While I was the one emotionally, realistically crying this whole time!

"Yeah, I've heard," I said carelessly and begin to walk again. Apparently hyung, you failed my test.

"I just can't get over them!" and he continued,"Their personality, their looks, their talents, their like.. made for each other.." Onew says while he clasped both his hands together and dreamily looked up at the sky. I looked at him through the corner of my eye and scoffed from his own amazement. You need a girl hyung.

"I mean.." oh my gosh shut up already.. "I never knew he'd find someone so special and unique! I might actually approve of this g--"

"Wait.." I stopped Onew and I both from walking as I extended my arm in front of him. He looked down at it curiously and then back at me. 

"Why'd you-- oh.." he started to speak but then stopped once he followed my gaze..

I saw Jonghyun and Maeki kissing by the lunch area.. it was a table farthest from everyone else, under a tree.. making it even more romantic.. I felt my insides shaking and my body started to tremble.. not because of sadness and pity for myself.. but the feeling of anger started to build up within me..

Onew saw my reaction and quickly tried to pull me away, finally realizing my feelings for Maeki.. I shoved him away from me and tightened my fists.. seeing them together made me furious.. they're not supposed to be together! She's with the wrong guy!

I walked faster and faster towards the two, quickening my pace once I saw them break their kiss and shyly look away from each other.. I saw Jonghyun look up at me with a confused look on his face.. his lips started to move as he said something and turned to Maeki.. she looked up from the sound of his voice and then looked at me.. I felt a hot tear form in my eyes but I ignored it as I was now face to face with Jonghyun..

"Oh hey Key, wha--BANG."

I interrupted Jonghyun with a fast punch. I've never hated Jonghyun this much before, I felt like killing the guy.. him choosing to steal my happiness without even talking to me about it is crap.

"KEY WHY DID YOU DO THAT!?" Maeki screamed in my face and knelt down next to Jonghyun.. a crowd soon started to form around us, more gossiping and whispering were again heard.. my breathing got heavier as I clenched my fists even tighter causing them to turn red.. wait a minute..

"You know my name?" I asked Maeki as she turned to face me.

"Yes! Jonghyun talks about you all the time!" She says still freaking out that her boyfriend got punched in the face. I breathlessly laughed turning away from them for awhile thinking to myself.. I soon turned my body to face them again..

"About what, how he--BANG."

An unexpected punch was all I saw once I turned around. All I saw was a fist coming at me, soon bringing me down to the floor in shock.

I leaned over on my side suppressing the pain I felt.. I heard footsteps walking towards me.. I looked up covering the sunlight with my hand and saw a clear angered face of Jonghyun.

"How I talked about how great my bestfriend was, and if I made a mistake in dating his crush, my mistake in thinking that .."

(End of Flashback)

"Whooa, so fierce Jonghyun hyung! .. wow.. oh and Key Hyung!" Taemin said in amazement.

Jonghyun and Key both looked up at him and gave him a slight smile.. but they both still didn't talk to each other..

"Talk to your dongsaeng guys, sheesh," Minho said still driving.

"Hi Taemin~" They both said in unison. Jonghyun and Key awkwardly looked at each other and then turned away, looking outside the window on their side.

"Ooh, that sounded so cool when they said my name in harmony!" Taemin giggled and then turned his body around to face the front. His smile slowly faded as he thought of something.. he looked up at Minho and asked him..

"Hyung, what happened to that Maeki girl?" 

Minho looked at him and hesitated to tell him.. the story was too tradgic and he didn't want his dongsaeng to cry nor his hyungs in the back..

"She.." Minho didn't know how to explain it.."She.. moved.. and.. found someone else," He obviously lied. Jonghyun and Key looked at him strangely. He looked at them from the rear view mirror and nodded, signaling to them that it wasn't right to tell the story.. they nodded back in response.

"Awh really? That's so sad.."Taemin pouted.

"Finally! We're here!" Minho sighed in relief as he parked the van in front of their apartment building.

"Huh? Already? The ride seemed too fast.."Taemin said still looking out the window curiously.

"Well, the restaurant wasn't that far from here Taemin," Minho said unbuckling his seatbelt to get out of the vehicle.

Everyone got out of the van and started to each walk seperately towards their apartment.. there was a big gap in between everyone which created a big awkward atmosphere surrounding them.. Jonghyun looked off towards the side in thought, Key looked down at the ground reminscing, Taemin and Minho hummed silently to themselves and shifted their gazes once in a while..

They finally reached the building and walked inside.. they waited awkwardly by the elevator waiting for it to go down.. as they waited a couple appeared which created more possible silence between everyone..

"Onew hyung! Kyoungmi Noona! You're here!" Taemin rejoiced, but everyone looked away.. Onew smiled brightly at Taemin but frowned once he saw Jonghyun and Key.. he looked at their faces and saw how ashamed they were.. he wasn't too happy either seeing them.. especially back at the restaurant, when he asked them which one of them liked Kyoungmi.. he got upset when both of them surrendered and raised their hand.. but he felt relieved and calmed down when he realized that Kyoungmi was his girlfriend, and that she'd never leave him for his best friends.. or friends.. depending on if they'll ever talk to each other again..

The elevator opened and they all scrambled in.. once Minho pushed the button for their level, and the metal doors closed.. the small, cramped elevator was once again filled with awkwardness.. each of them lost in their own thoughts not wanting to be surrounded with one another.. Onew looked at the two again from the corner of his eye. He looked at Kyoungmi and she looked up at him.. they both exchanged smiles and looked forward again.. then someone couldn't take it anymore and broke the silence.

"Well, this was a fun night," Taemin said and chuckled.. but his chuckling quieted down as he heard no response..

"At least you tried," Minho smiled at him and patted him on the back, earning a pouted face from Taemin, and awkward stares from everyone else..

_______________________________________

I updated! Finally!... again.. for like the longest time lol

Thank you for reading! ^^ Please feel free to comment!