Chapter 2

Remembering You

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

After checking out of the airport both Suzy and I headed towards the exit. “Oppa, I’ll go get drinks.” She smiled and ran off to get both of us drinks.

 

I was attracted to a group of kids and teenagers screaming at one side of the hall. Curious as to what they were making such a big fuss over, I walked towards the direction.

 

When I saw the cause of the commotion, it was actually a minion from “Despicable Me”. Memories of Jiyeon flooded in again. We had watched that movie 6 years ago, in the first year when we started dating. Ever since that day, she fell in love with the minions because she found them really cute.

 

I decided to take a photo of the mascot for Jiyeon since I’ll probably want to using that photo after we get back together. Leaving both Suzy and my personal luggage there, I ran towards the crowd. I nudged my way through and finally got a photo.

 

When the mascot started moving, the whole crowd went along, so eventually I ended up being at the back of the crowd, making sure the photos I took were clear and perfect.

 

I locked my phone and kept it in my pocket. When I turned to return to my original position, a girl fell to the ground before my eyes. I stared in shock to see that it was none other than that girl who I returned for – Park Jiyeon.

 

“Jiyeon…?” I called out, my voice trembling. Was it really her? After so long, was destiny playing a trick on me? Or was fate doing its work? I waited for that soft, gentle voice that cooed all the time 5 years ago.

 

I reached my hand out to help her out. Unfortunately, she was lifted up from the back by another man. I stared at him with innocent eyes. Did that guy just molest her? Why didn’t she fight back?

 

“Are you okay?” he asked her, helping her dust off the invisible dust from her clothe. I continued staring at the two of them. What the heck were they doing in front of me? Luckily, Jiyeon pushed his hands away and she coughed awkwardly.

 

“Baby you know him?” he asked Jiyeon while eyeing me. “Baby”? It can’t be… They’re dating? “Don’t call me that in public!” she finally spoke. He just shrugged and continued eyeing me.

 

“Myungsoo oppa!” Suzy called from behind. She ran over and stood next to me, eyeing that unknown guy. Since I’ve already showed her a picture of Jiyeon, she probably would’ve recognized Jiyeon by now.

 

“Oh, you must be Jiyeon!” she gave a sweet smile. She brought her hand out, asking for a handshake. Jiyeon innocently brought out her own hand and shook it. That cute face of hers… Finally it unveils! I smiled foolishly at her.

 

Again, she coughed, realizing that I was staring at her.

 

“Jiyeon ah, do you know them?” that guy asked again. Man, he’s a pest.

 

“JB oppa, I’d like to introduce to you Myungsoo.” She gestured towards me. I guess because of manners he brought out his hand and asked for a handshake. I shook his hand and introduced myself, “Nice to meet you, my name is Kim Myungsoo.” I greeted. I didn’t really bother about whether we could befriend each other or not. I wasn’t interested.

 

“Hi I’m Im Jae Bum. Call me JB,” he smiled. Man he has an ugly smile. I immediately pulled my hand away. He had sweaty palms.

 

“Annyeong I’m Suzy!” and she shook hands with that JB guy. Although I wanted to know what was JB and Jiyeon’s relationship, I decided we would have other times to do that, so I turned to face Jiyeon. I mustered up enough courage and hugged her.

 

Before I could even speak, she pushed me away. She stepped back and hid behind JB, holding tightly on to his denim jacket. I stared in confusion.

 

“Uh, if you haven’t noticed, her boyfriend is standing right here.” JB gave me a “you-should-know” look. I stepped back to Suzy’s side. “If you haven’t noticed, my girlfriend is right here too.” I intertwined our fingers and held our hands up to show JB.

 

“Uh, you hugged my girlfriend first.”

 

“Uh, it was a friendly hug. We knew each other since like, 7 years ago.” I retorted. How was he to beat my sentence?

 

I saw Jiyeon grab onto his hand, and whispered something in his ear. He finally stopped and said, “I’ll remember you.” And he left with Jiyeon. I exchanged glances with Suzy. She probably knew how I felt right now.

 

“Oppa, it’s okay.” She comforted. I knew she knew it wasn’t okay. Nothing was going to be the same anymore with the sudden appearance of JB. Was Jiyeon really over me?

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Suddenly, Myungsoo walked forward and brought me into the embrace I’ve missed and craved for 5 years. I could feel his warmth being emitted to me. I wanted hug him back and enjoy the moment but I knew JB was watching. I was reminded JB was my lover now, not Myungsoo.

 

I gently pushed Myungsoo away and regretfully walked over to JB and hid behind him. To give the “full effect”, I tugged on his denim jacket, as though asking him to “protect” me from this weirdo guy who hugged me out of no where.

 

Getting the message, Jae Bum reasoned, “Uh, if you haven’t noticed, her boyfriend is standing right here.” Knowing Myungsoo, he wouldn’t sit back and let himself lose. Of course, a pretty girl who somehow knew me wouldn’t appear for no reason. She was obviously an item with Myungsoo.

 

“If you haven’t noticed, my girlfriend is right here too.” He moved and intertwined his fingers with Suzy’s the way he’d hold my hand and walk on the streets when we were dating. He held it up like evidence for JB to see.

 

I knew I was about to break down in tears, so I immediately grabbed onto JB’s hand before he could even retort to defend himself. “Oppa, let’s go, please.” I whispered in his ear. He left one last sentence with Myungsoo oppa before leaving, “I’ll remember you.”

 

I had no more appetite, so the food Jae Bum had bought was left to go to waste. I was immediately sent home and I shooed Jae Bum away even though he insisted on staying to coax me.

 

I have been doing this for 5 years. I didn’t need an extra man’s coaxing. Of all times, why did Myungsoo have to show up in my life again?! I cried hard into my mattress. The day I decided to start again had to be the day he returns with another girl.

 

I wanted the sweet taste of revenge. I wanted to give Myungsoo a taste of his own medicine. There was no way I was going to back down just like that.

 

I needed to get used to skinship with JB in order for us to be able to hug and kiss in public. Then Myungsoo will see I’ve gotten over him good, and I wasn’t the fool I was back then. I will never be that Jiyeon EVER again.

 

-

 

Suzy’s POV

 

It’s been a week since the day we met Jiyeon and her lover at the airport. Ever since, Myungsoo has been locking himself in his room, refusing to eat or come out. Why did Jiyeon have to move on to another guy? I missed the Myungsoo who was full of hope to come back and claim Jiyeon his again.

 

I decided to call Jiyeon out and find out what was going on. I felt the need to help both parties. From Jiyeon’s eyes, I could tell she still loved Myungsoo, but the question was; why was she forbidding their love from prospering?

 

I scrolled through Myungsoo’s phone and found Jiyeon’s contact. I clicked “call” and waited for her to receive the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jiyeon, this is Suzy.”

 

“Oh… Yes?”

 

“I think we need to talk.”

 

“I have nothing to say to you. For the record, I have nothing going on with Myungsoo.”

 

“No, I think we do. And no, it has nothing to do with what happened a week ago.”

 

“Leave me alone.”

 

“Jiyeon, we really need to talk!”

 

“Why should I? Haven’t you people crushed me enough?! Why should I go through this pain? It’s suffering here, Suzy! I want to break free! Can’t you let me go?!”

 

I didn’t want to provoke her further so I decided to give her some time to digest Myungsoo’s sudden return and her new relationship with JB. “Okay. But when you need someone to talk to, I think you would probably have to come to me.” I hung up the call after that.

 

Why does Jiyeon have to make a reunion so difficult? Please Jiyeon, come to your senses! If you continue this way, I really might end up with Myungsoo, and you’ll end up with JB! I don’t want that? Please, Jiyeon…

 

-

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

I couldn’t eat, I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t think.

 

It’s been a week and all, but it’s like everything just happened yesterday.

 

I was still dwelling upon that day. Why didn’t I just hug him back and accept his apology? Why was I so foolish to think he would apologize? I am still that fool. That fool who would fall hard for love.

 

I wanted to get through this with no pain. But as the saying goes, “No pain, no gain.”. I knew one day I had to face Myungsoo. But I felt the day hasn’t come.

 

My phone started ringing, and so I picked up the call.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jiyeon, this is Suzy.” Oh great. The person who’s dating Myungsoo was probably calling to scold me for hugging her guy.

 

“Oh… Yes?” I pretended to care. But actually, I was so hurt, I wanted to flare up at anybody and everybody who disturbed me. I didn’t intend to be this way, but it’s just so… Suffocating.

 

“I think we need to talk.”

 

“I have nothing to say to you. For the record, I have nothing going on with Myungsoo.”

 

“No, I think we do. And no, it has nothing to do with what happened a week ago.”

 

“Leave me alone.”

 

“Jiyeon, we really need to talk!”

 

“Why should I? Haven’t you people crushed me enough?! Why should I go through this pain? It’s suffocating here, Suzy! I want to break free! Can’t you let me go?!” I pleaded. I really flared up this time. 26 years in my life and it’s the first time I’ve ever flared up at someone.

 

I wanted to say “sorry” to Suzy, but when I opened my mouth, nothing came out.

 

“Okay. But when you need someone to talk to, I think you would probably have to come to me.” With that, she hung up. I knew she was right. I just needed time to adapt to these enormous changes and when I’m ready, I’ll speak to Suzy.

 

But for now, Suzy, please bear with me…

 

-

 

Okays hey guise again. xD

-Always faithfully updating-

Sad to say that I think this story will only have like what? 5 chapters or something? :x Then again, it's okay, I have another story in mind. :D -Declare me crazy please-

Well comment kays guys? (: Byebye for now!