Chapter 1

Remembering You

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

I stared out of the window, remembering the day he had left me. The surroundings were exactly the same. After 5 years, nothing had changed.

 

Flashback

 

I looked around the whole house for him. He was no where to be seen. I remembered him hugging me to sleep, I remembered his masculine scent, I even remembered his low, husky voice. But when I woke up, everything had disappeared.

 

I found a note that was left on my dressing table. It read;

 

Jiyeon, I have got something to say. But when you’re reading this, I probably wouldn’t even be in Korea anymore.

 

I thought I loved you, but when I think about it again and again, I always come to one conclusion – Do I really love you?

 

You probably would think I’m lying that I do not have any feelings for you, but next to this letter you’ll find the necklace you bought me, and the couple ring we have worn through the 2 years we were together.

 

I’m sorry for making you fall for me so deeply, but I wish not to manipulate you any further. I’m sorry, but I’m leaving this place because it’s flooded with memories of you. I wish not to “reminisce” any of them.

 

Sincerely,

Myungsoo.

 

I broke down in tears. I felt so used. Why had I let myself become such a fool for love?

 

End

 

Every time during the autumn rain, I would sit by the window pane and stare out, enjoying the night view where all the shining lights shone through the city. I would always remember the two of us cuddling at this very spot, enjoying the warm fire, sipping our hot chocolate.

 

Now that I was alone, I could no longer do the same. I would always take out that letter of his, his last gift to me, along with the necklace I gave him and the couple ring he bought, and silently cry to myself.

 

But today was a definite no.

 

After 5 years of repeatedly dwelling on the past, I felt the need to move on. Funny how today is the exact same date as the day we had our last moments.

 

I thought about Jae Bum, the guy who stood by me, always supporting me through the years after he had left. Jae Bum fell for me – hard. I knew that fact. He even tried asking me out, but I knew I was not worthy of him since I would only be reminded of my own past.

 

But again, today was a definite no.

 

I will officially accept Jae Bum into my heart. I’ve waited long enough for him to realize his mistake and return to me. I now know it wasn’t worth my time.

 

-

 

Myungsoo’s POV

 

I sat by the hostel’s window, enjoying the night view of America. It was my last night here, after 5 years of eating American, speaking American, and living American.

 

I was ready to go back to her. Her love for me was so deep in the past, making me confident that even after 5 years, she would remain faithful to me.

 

I who dumped her 5 years back, had my own reasons why. I felt the need to not tell her, because I didn’t want her to worry for me. I wanted a clean break with her. What if I couldn’t come back to Korea? And I asked her to wait for me? Wouldn’t she grow old and die alone?

 

The only person who knew my reasons was Bae Suzy; the girl who lived with me, who took me in 5 years back when I had no where to go.

 

We met in the airplane, and she asked so many questions, and finally, she found out I was going to America with no plans for housing estates or businesses.

 

Through these 5 years, she took me in and made sure I found a proper job after going through my ordeal. I knew that she loved me, but I knew I loved that girl who was in Korea.

 

She was nonetheless still caring and kind. She never forced me to love her back.

 

All she did was encourage me to go for my true love. This time, she wanted to support me so much, she wanted to go back to Korea with me to attend my supposedly “marriage”.

 

“Oppa, it’s time to go!” she walked into my room, breaking my chain of thoughts. I smiled at her sentence, remembering that every time I was leaving for a date with my true love, she would always come running in cutely and say the exact same thing – “Oppa, it’s time to go!”.

 

I grabbed my luggage and headed downstairs to board the taxi.

 

-

 

Jaebum’s POV

 

I laid on my bed, enjoying the coolness of the late autumn rain. I repeatedly checked my phone, hoping that her message would have arrived by now.

 

She had promised to answer me this very night. After 5 years of crushing on that beautiful girl, will she accept me or not?

 

Flashback

 

“Would you go on a date with me?” I proposed, hoping she’d say yes. It’s not everyday you’d see a ravishing beauty pass by.

 

“I fear I’d hurt you. Please, leave me alone.”

 

End

 

Regardless of her plea, I knew she had reasons why she needed to reject me. It was written all over her face. I knew it was just a matter of time before she accepts me.

 

Therefore, I stayed by her through these many years. Finally, her message arrived.

 

I have decided. My decision is… I will date you.

 

I knew she had a past; an unforgettable past, a past that she was ashamed of. Though knowing this, though knowing that she hasn’t given up on her previous lover, I knew it was worth the risk to try and change her.

 

She may not truly love me right now, but with the confidence I have, I’m sure she’ll eventually forget about him.

 

There wasn’t any point to continue loving a guy who never loved you back. Or so I thought.

 

-

 

Suzy’s POV

 

I fell for him, I fell for him hard. I knew I shouldn’t, because I knew his secret. I knew he loved her, but sometimes, I can’t help myself. I could only adore him from afar, stubbornly praying that one day, he’d forget her and realize he should have loved me all along.

 

But no – I couldn’t let that happen.

 

“Love”… If I really do love that guy, it means I’d want him to live in happiness. “Love” shouldn’t be that selfish to the state where I’m happy, yet he’s forced to smile.

 

No. I wanted him to be happy 24/7, therefore, I felt every need to return to Korea with him and support his relationship with her.

 

I knew love would never come so easy. To obtain love, you’ve got to pay the price. What price? You have to sacrifice many things in order to be happy with the opposite party. Example, if you’re working as a cafeteria cleaning lady, and your partner disliked that fact, you would probably give up the job to remain with your partner.

 

That would be what I’d do, anyway.

 

Back to where I was. Both he and I were in the airplane, preparing for landing in Seoul Incheon Airport.

 

-

 

Jiyeon’s POV

 

Jae Bum and I were at the departure hall of Incheon Airport having our dinner.

 

Since I lived near the airport, Jae Bum found it convenient to eat in the airport. Well, since he was my lover, I guess I had to go with his ideas.

 

“So what would you like, my lady?” he goofed around. I playfully smacked him on the shoulder.

 

“Is that a pet name?” I asked. “Then maybe you should be my peasant!” I hit his head, demonstrating what a peasant would go through.

 

“Haha,” he laughed and I laughed along, “So what do you want?”

 

I looked through the menu. Since I was in a good mood after 5 years, I decided to eat something that I’ve never tried before.

 

Even with him, he’s never chosen the food for me. I wanted to try it out with my new lover, and so I did. “Why not you order for me?” I playfully grabbed onto Jae Bum’s arm and started jumping about.

 

“Okay, okay, sure. Calm down will you. Are you genuinely that happy that we’re together now?” he patted my head, waiting for my answer.

 

“I’m that happy.” I smiled. I felt myself being truly happy that I’ve moved on. I could no longer face the days when I wake up in the morning and look in the mirror seeing puffy red eyes.

 

“Cute.” And then he pecked me on the lips. I smiled even though my heart was thumping fast and thoughts like “Why did he just do that?” swarmed in.

 

He told me to go take a seat and I did as told.

 

I was so bored that I started looking around the interior of the airport. Then something caught my eye, -- a mascot of my favourite show – “Despicable Me”. I wanted to take a picture with it so I went forward.

 

I was trying to squeeze through the crowd to at least touch its hand but unfortunately, I was nudged out of the way and I fell to the ground, behind the crowd.

 

“Jiyeon…?” someone called out. I looked up to see the face I’ve hoped to appear one day.

 

Why did he have to return today of all days?

 

-

 

 

First chappie up! -Can't believe it too- 

Yeah it's kinda dull and you know, well, I can only hope it picks up somehow. There isn't much dialogue either. Am I feeling down or something? This chapter is really sad. o.o -Still contemplating to post or not-

Aish who cares~ I'll do my best to pick up the story ASAP! But with 4 characters... Is that even possible?? o-e -Pathetic-

My note might be even better than the story. Ohmyword. Totally didn't consider that. :OO Sorry readers, please don't kill me. >< 

-Begs-

Comment kays? Tell me what you think, so I can improve. (: 

Byesbyes. :D I intend to update my other story now. o-e