Himchan

A B.A.P Christmas Love Story
You are sitting in class doing your work and minding your own business when you feel something bounce off of your shoulder. You lean down and pick up the ball of paper from the floor. You straighten out the crumpled paper and read the message printed on it.
"Meet me after class. -Himchan"
You turn around and look at Himchan. He gives you a smile and a thumbs up and you smile and nod in return.
 
After class you wait for Himchan outside. As Himchan exits the classroom he looks around for you. As soon as he spots you he quickly makes his way over to where you are standing underneath a big tree.
"What's with the note in class?" you ask.
"Can I come over to your house tomorrow so we can work on the project together?" Himchan asks.
"Yeah, but my parents won't be home," you reply.
"That's ok you want to go get lunch with me? It might help us finish the project faster."
"Okay. I still can't believe Mr. Kang is making us do a presentation on our partner's behavior" you say.
'"How are you going to present yours on my behavior?" asks Himchan.
"It's a surprise. What are you going to do for your project on me?"
"I was thinking about doing a slideshow with pictures of you while I talk about you." he says.
You nod and consider this to be a good idea.
 
As you both sit together at lunch you discuss random topics. Eventually you ask the question you'd been wondering about.
"Are you going to the Christmas dance?" You ask.
"Is that the one tomorrow?"
"Yes, I just thought I'd ask."
"I don't really like going to school dances, too many people and too much of a hassle" he says.
"Oh, I'm not going either... Nobody has asked me" you say with a sigh.
'Aigo, ____ is so pretty. How could nobody have asked her to the dance?' thinks Himchan.
"Well, would you like to spend that day together? that way you don't spend it alone since your parents both have to work?" asks Himchan.
"That's very sweet of you Himchan" you say.
"It's been known to happen" Himchan says with a laugh. "So is that a yes?"
"Yes, I'd like that" you say while laughing at his silliness.
The bell rings, signifying the end of lunch and you give Himchan a sad look.
"I wish lunch didn't have to end. I was having fun" you say.
"Same here. I'm really starting to enjoy your company." he says.
"Really??" you ask, bewildered that someone as good looking as Himchan could like being around you at all.
"Yes, you're fun to be with" says Himchan.
"Aw, thanks. I'm really starting to enjoy being with you too! you're very funny." you say.
"I try" says Himchan with a smile.
'I can't believe it! ___ likes being with me!' thinks Himchan.
You say goodbye and walk to your classes, thinking about one another the whole way.
 
The next day, Himchan drives you home. You unlock the door and drop your bags on the floor as you walk inside. Himchan looks around since this is the first time he's been to your house (you usually go to his) and you take him on a tour of the house so he knows where everything is, then you both go into your room. You throw yourself on your bed and resist the urge to groan due to the long day you've had in school. Meanwhile, Himchan is touring your room, looking at all of the pictures you have and at every award you've won.
"You were a very cute baby." Himchan says as he holds up a baby picture of you that your mom insisted on hanging in your room.
"Mom insists on me keeping that up" you say as you groan and throw a pillow over your face to hide your embarassment.
Himchan laughs and moves on with his tour of your room. Once he's finished he sits on the bed next to you and looks at you. You take the pillow off of your face and meet his gaze. He smiles at you and you smile back as you sit up.
"So... ask me anything you'd like to know. We have to get the last of the project done so I feel like this is the best way." you tell him.
"Alright. Do you like animals? I forgot to ask that earlier."
"Yes. I actually have a dog." you say and you whistle for your dog. He comes bounding in and immediately jumps on your bed and begins sniffing Himchan. He laughs and starts petting your dog.
"Let's take turns. Your turn" he says.
"Hmm... Okay, do you know how long you've known me?"
"Yes, I've known you for 3 years." he says and you're surprised that he remembers.
"My turn... Do you like anyone?" he asks.
You blush and look down but your eyes involuntarily look up at him. You mentally slap yourself for not being calm about the unexpected question. Himchan looks surprised and has put two and two together.
"Me? You like me?" he asks you.
"Yes, I do" you say as you blush again and look away.
"That's really funny." Himchan says.
Your eyes begin to fill with tears and you turn away to hide them. You mentally scold yourself for thinking he could like you back.
'Babo! you thought he could like you. You thought you had a chance and when you tell him... He laughs at you! See how stupid you are?'
"Hey, are you crying? I didn't mean to make you cry... I was just saying it's funny because I've liked you for a long time." Himchan tells you.
"You have?" you ask as you wipe the tears from your eyes.
"Of course! you're so pretty and silly... _____, it's impossible for me NOT to like you." Says Himchan.
"I still can't believe that." you say, not believing he could like you.
"Okay, I'll prove it" he says "Will you go to the Christmas dance with me?"
"I would but its too late to get our tickets..." you say sadly.
Your eyes widen in astonishment as he pulls out two tickets to your school's winter formal.
"B-But I thought... You don't like going to dances..." you stutter, still surprised.
"I don't but it would be worth it if I were with you. So what do you say?"
"YES!" you shout as you throw your arms around him. He hugs you back just as tightly and you both enjoy the contact. You both realize what time it is and are sad because he has to go home.
"I can't believe you feel that way about me... I never knew" you tell him.
"I know, I didn't know you liked me either but I'm glad we both know now" he says while holding you and looking into your eyes.
"Thank you for asking me to the dance" you say.
"______, I'll go to any dance you want to go to. I'll pick you up at 6 so we can go out to eat first" Himchan says.
"I'll be ready" You tell him as he gets in his car and drives away.
 
You spend the whole day getting ready for the dance. You paint your nails and think of what seems like a million ways to do your hair. You went out and bought an adorable dress for a reasonable price. You were amazed to find it so close to the winter formal. You just know that Himchan's jaw is going to drop when he sees you in it. Finally, 6 o'clock comes around and you wait for Himchan to show up. As soon as you sit down on the sofa, the doorbell rings. You start to get up but your mom is faster than you are and opens the door for Himchan. You stand and face Himchan and, as predicted, his jaw drops at the sight of you.
"You look so beautiful ____." says Himchan as he stares at you.
"Kamsa hamnida, you look amazing too" you reply while looking him over.
'He looks gorgeous in a tux' you think to yourself.
You turn to your mom and ask her again if its okay for you to go out on Christmas eve.
"Go! Have fun!" she says and you thank her.

After you and Himchan have a nice, romantic dinner by candle light in a dimly lit restauraunt and are on your way to the dance, you are amazed at how long it must have taken for him to plan all of this.
"How did you know I'd even say yes?" you ask.
"I didn't, I hoped you would and if you didn't then it would be a waste of money but I'm glad it didn't turn out that way because this is all for you" Himchan says, sneaking a quick glance at you.
 
You both arrive at the dance and have a couple pictures taken at the door as you're about to enter the gym. You get inside and are amazed at how many people came to the dance. You and Himchan slowly make your way through the crowds to an empty corner and begin to talk.
"Thanks again for asking me to the dance" you tell Himchan.
"You're welcome" says Himchan while looking into your eyes.
"You look so beautiful tonight... I can't believe my eyes." He says and the compliment makes you blush.
Soon your favorite song comes on and you want to dance. It's a slow song and you sigh contentedly as Himchan holds you tightly to him. You pull away from Himchan and look up at him, still not fully believing that this is real. Himchan looks down at you and breaks into a slow, easy smile as he leans towards you. You feel your heart beating a million times per minute as your lips meet Himchan's in a soft, gentle kiss. As Himchan pulls away you ask him if this is all real.
"You're not dreaming. This is happening" he says and he leans down to kiss you again.