The Test

Give Me My Body Back!

Chapter 34

 

     To both of their horrors, Kris and Haerin had once again found themselves in the wrong body. After that sobfest yesterday, Haerin couldn’t quite understand how they’d managed to switch. Maybe a hug was no longer as powerful as it once was. No No No, I have a math test. What do i DO. Haerin panicked, throwing Kris’ blazer on and nearly strangling herself as the tied his tie. She was out of the door in 5 minutes.

~

    “How did this happen?!” Haerin whined, as Kris entered the library in her body, her hair actually presentable for once.

“I don’t know. Maybe our time is running out?” It had never crossed their minds, but maybe this curse had a limit. Maybe if they didn’t manage to break it, they would be stuck in eachother’s bodies for the rest of eternity. The thought made them shiver.

“We’ll figure something out. Until then let’s just get through the day.” Kris said in a calm manner. Haerin was clearly having a breakdown. “Pull it together, Kris Wu doesn’t have breakdowns.” He added sternly, and they both departed for class.

 

~

    Haerin had calmed down significantly by time it was time for their math test. If Kris ended up totally bombing her test, she would just beg Mr. Woo for a retake and blame it on a bad day. She had it all figured out.

“Wu.” Mr. Woo glared down at her, placing Kris’ designated test on her desk. What was that glare? She wondered to herself. Out of the corner of her eye she could see Kris giving her a thumbs up from the front of the room. She gave him a small smile, and began the test. You owe me one.  

    After finishing his test early, Kris had fallen asleep. He awoke to a paper ball bouncing off of his head.

“Wake up oppa.” Luhan squealed from behind him.

“What the. . Oh.” Kris looked around groggily as he returned to the real world. He was glad to find himself back in his own body.

“Anytime now Wu.” Mr. Woo sneered, waving a piece of paper in the air. It was Kris’ graded test. Haerin looked at Kris in amazement as everyone headed to lunch.

“How on Earth did you get a perfect score?” She asked with agape.

“A perfect score?! Aww yeaaah. Looks like you owe me a date Ice Queen.” He slung his arm around her. Haerin quickly shrugged him off, still in shock before asking, “What’d I make?” Kris hadn’t even checked yet, confident she had made an A.

“You my dear scored a  . . . 42%?” They both stopped in their tracks.

“WHAT?!” Haerin snatched the paper from his hands. “No. None of these are my answers.” She shook her head incredulously.

“I told you that bastard had it out for me.” Kris growled, inspecting his paper. The answers had been changed. “He’s trying to fail me!” This realization smacked Haerin in the face. Mr. Woo really did have it out for Kris, but for what reason? It couldn’t possibly be jealousy, could it? The thought gave Haerin chills, so she chose to ignore it.

“We’re going to get this solved Monday.”  She declared with determination.

“Don’t bother. I’ll handle it myself.” Kris stated protectively. He wanted Haerin to stay as far as possible from that creep. Haerin of course had plans of her own.

“I’ve got soccer today, but our date. Tomorrow?” Somehow Kris was still able to think about a date.

“Fine. Also it is not a date.” Haerin agreed stubbornly.

“See you tomorrow.” Kris was just happy to finally be talking to his Ice Queen again.

 
Welcome all new subcribers, thanks for joining us, and thanks for all the sweet comments!