I Just Went through UNNECESSARY . Okay.

Love is Twisted

 

Key’s POV

 Ugh. His mouth tasted so bitter. Feeling nauseous, he attempted to swallow. He could feel the bile rise in his throat; he made an effort to think non-barfing thoughts.

 His body was shivering with cold. So cold. So weak. The only warmth that he felt was Jonghyun’s hand on his own. It was comforting. He liked being taken care of. Sighing and opening his eyes, he saw Jonghyun watching him. As he sat up, Key tried to recall what had happened just before he’d passed out. It had been important…

 Ah. That. Staring into Jonghyun’s worried eyes, he remembered.

 He’d woken up, heard Jonghyun confess his love for him, and then out again. So…what now? And where the hell were they? It had better not be a damn hospital. Key hated hospitals. They reminded him of death and pain.

 There was an IV hooked up to his arm. Crap. This was a hospital.

 Finally speaking, Key barely managed a whisper. “Jonghyun?” He had to lean forward for Jonghyun to hear him. God, he sounded like crap. His throat was dry, causing his voice to crack. He knew the stress he was under was evident on his face. He hated how visible his feelings were. His eyes felt worn out. Grimacing, he felt his features; he was surprised to find fresh tears on his face. He could cry now?

 

 Jonghyun’s POV

 “Kibum? I’m right here.” He scooted closer to the boy so he could support his shoulders. Poor thing looked like he could collapse at any moment. “You’ve been in the hospital for dehydration. For almost a day. You fainted at home and…just…don’t do that to me EVER again. Do you understand?” he exuded loudly, gripping Key’s shoulders harder. “You scared the hell out of me!” He could hear his own voice rising; he felt enraged at the younger boy’s stupidity and lack of common sense. He only softened because he blamed himself for it. He was responsible for this…

 Loosening his grip on Key, he checked on the other’s expression. Aish. He looked bewildered. Sighing, he wondered what had made him pressure Key so much in the past.

 “Key, it’s important to be perfect.” “Key, make sure you always look pristine and in control.” If only he’d seen this coming. But how could he have not seen it?

 “I’m so blind. This is all my fault.”

“No it’s not, hyung. I’m sorry…I…” whatever words he wanted to force out, they were lost on his lips.

 “I know,” Jonghyun tried. He was feeling too many emotions at once.

 Key tried again. “You said something. Earlier.”

 He’d heard that?

 “That you…love me?” Key’s eyes were wide, questioning; almost like a lost child. Fearful, even.

 “Yes,” Jonghyun breathed, the word barely audible.

 “Me too, hyung. I love you.” Key’s tired face radiated unspoken shock (great, now he’d the waterworks again); but at that moment, everything was alright.

 

Key’s POV

 Key began sobbing. All this for nothing? Jonghyun…doesn’t just like me? He loves me? Whatthe?!? Uncontrollable tears were rolling hot and fast down his face and falling on his hands.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 He could fix Key. He could make him better. He loves me. As I have always loved him.“Oh, Key.”

 “I’m sorry,” Key choked out, viciously wiping at his eyes, “I thought you would hate me if I told you. I thought you’d despise me. So I tried to keep our friendship so I’d never lose you. I didn’t want you to know. I didn’t want to cry in front of you. So-“

 “So you stopped drinking water? That’s an invitation for death. Yah you’re so stupid, pabo Key,” Jonghyun just shook his head and ruffled Key’s already matted hair. He held him close, telling him repeatedly that he’d be fine.

 Key clutched at Jonghyun’s chest, stretching the fabric of his tear-stained shirt and burying his face into him. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’ll never do it again,” he whimpered.

 “Stop apologizing! You’re going to be fine. He wrapped his arms all the way around Key, trying to keep him from falling apart.

 

 Key’s POV

 Jonghyun was holding the pieces of his heart, keeping them in place. So warm now. This was so twisted. All of this over nothing, he thought again.

 So many tears. He smiled through them, reveling in the fact that they were tears of relief and joy.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yep so that's the end and I hope you liked it, this fic was so interesting to write!

And yea my chapters are always so short so I can update sooner OTL..

But they are getting longer in my newer fic :O

Yer yer yer yer!