Damned Medical Institutions.

Love is Twisted

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 “Please, please, please, please,” he whispered into Key’s hair, not caring that the boy was too far gone to know he was there. He pressed his face into the back of Key’s head. “Wake up, please wake up,” he pleaded helplessly. His face was twisted with grief and pain, so different from the peaceful face of the boy beside him.

 The possibly dying boy. It was too peaceful. What if that face never showed expression again? What then?

 These people weren’t helping. They were so indifferent. Even when Jonghyun had tied one of his hands to Key’s, they’d barely reacted. I was all that nurse’s fault. Damn hospital staff. The nurse had previously ordered him to leave, because “visiting hours were over.” What a dumb excuse. He’d just spit at her. “I’m not going anywhere, visiting hours or not!”  off; he’d wanted to add, seething. To emphasize his point, he’d further tightened the hospital band that bound his hand to Key’s. She’d just shrugged and left. He was NOT leaving Key, and that y nurse could go jump in a lake.

 Sighing, he wondered what the other SHINee members were doing. This whole ordeal had not gone down well at SM Ent. They don’t care either, Jonghyun thought bitterly. Money, money, money. That’s all they worried about. Not the members. Onew had been under considerable stress for the past 48 hours. They were all a mess, especially Jonghyun. He hadn’t slept since Key had passed out.

 They were finally alone now. Melting into the wicker chair beside the bed, he cupped Key’s face with his free hand, beginning to weep. “God dammit, Key. You’ve created such a mess, and you’re not even awake while we have to deal with it…If you don’t make it…If you die, I’m going to kill you,” Jonghyun breathed. Too bad you can’t hear anything I’m saying.

 Crying harder now, his tears fell silently onto the bed sheets, leaving little circular pools of pain. “Please, please don’t leave me. I love you. Please be okay. I love you,” he whispered through the shuddering gasps wracking his body.

 Beep beep beep beep beep. The monitors indicated that Key was breathing on his own.

 Key’s eyelids fluttered.

 Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep, breathing rapidly now. Oh god don’t die, don’t die.

 “YAH! HELP!”  Where the hell was everyone?

 BEEP.

 “Key?”

 

 Key’s POV

 Where am I? He seemed to have woken up in a hard bed. His mouth was so dry, and something was piercing into his wrist. His other wrist was attached to something warm. Everything sounded…kind of muffled. Who was talking?

  He cringed, remembering. Jonghyun must be so mad. He’s still telling me off, and he’s probably pissed at me for falling asleep.

 Ah? Something warm on his face…tears? He could cry now? Where had the water come from? No, no, not his tears. Someone else. Who?

 A voice, a voice. Jonghyun. Key wished he’s stop mumbling. He couldn’t hear what he was-

 “I love you.” He heard it with crystal clarity.

 But, but…

 WHATTHE?

 He struggled to open his eyes, but his eyelids wouldn’t budge.

 Faintly, he heard a voice…it seemed to tether him to the world, anchoring him down in the twisting dream that was his mind.

“Key?”

 Then the blackness swallowed him up once more.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:P

yeryeryer!

final update coming on friday 4.15.11