Mirror, Mirror, Let me Cry

Love is Twisted

 

Key’s POV

 Upon waking up the next morning, he shuffled down the hall to the bathroom. The house was still quiet with sleep. How nice and peaceful everything was. Key wished that things could always be this still. It was calming.

 While he brushed his teeth, he looked in the mirror. I look like the devil came and ed me while I was asleep. You look like , he told himself. He washed up, and tried to mentally prepare himself for the task at hand. The water felt refreshing and clean on his face.

 Key was going to be strong. He would try not to fight with Jonghyun, and he must NOT cry at all costs.

 He promised himself he would drink as little water as possible. I can’t have tears if I don’t drink water; he smiled at himself triumphantly in the mirror.

 And, true to his word, he didn’t drink any water that day.

 Or the next day.

 Or the next.

 Or even the day after that.

 He could feel himself getting weaker as the days went by, all starting to blur together; but he didn’t care. He was getting stronger and stronger mentally. No one could see any problems. Everything was normal, and he hadn’t cried once. He hadn’t fought with Jonghyun once. Love was so twisted. It made him do strange things…but no one noticed, so it was okay. Key was okay.

 Key was going to be strong.

 

 Jonghyun’s POV

 All of a sudden, Key had stopped crying at night. They’d stopped fighting, too. Had the problem disappeared? Was he going through a phase?

 Jonghyun worried all the time. Every time he inquired about Key’s feelings, he’d get a strange look accompanied by “I’m fine, Jonghyun. Don’t worry about me.”

What bugged him the most was how easy it was to believe him. He hated himself for not looking closer. But what could he do?

 Key was looking worse and worse as time passed. It had been a week since his last outburst. His once milky-clear skin was pasty and sickly-looking now.

There was something wrong. Key was getting distant.

 

Key’s POV

 Then one day, Jonghyun broke. Key had been moping around the house, not eating, not really thinking. Something just snapped.

 “Key! Why are you like this? What’s wrong with you? We used to be so close, and then you were all emotionally messed up and , and now I don’t even know if you’re all there! What the hell have you been doing to yourself?”

 Key didn’t even look up. Folding his arms, he lay his head down on the table. Jonghyun could yell if he wanted. Key had to be strong and not cry.

 As Jonghyun continued to rant, pacing back and forth, Key drifted off in his mind, falling into a state of numbness. Why did the man he loved so much have to hate him so much? He’d only ever tried to keep their relationship intact, but he seemed to have broken it beyond repair. He mustn’t cry.

 Oh, but it hurt to hear each word Jonghyun said to him. They pierced his ears. He wasn’t good enough to be Jonghyun’s friend. Feeling completely hopeless, Key decided that it was fine if a few tears escaped, as long as they were silent and no one saw. His head was down anyway.

 Letting his feelings well up behind his closed eyes, he prepared to hold in the tears if there were too many.

 But there weren’t any. He couldn’t even cry if he tried. Oh God there were no tears.

 

 Jonghyun’s POV

 “Did you hear me? Answer me. And look at me when I speak to you. I can’t help you if you don’t tell me; I don’t even know what’s been bothering you.”

 No reply.

 “Key?” Jonghyun asked softly. He had been too harsh.

 “Key.” Still no reply.

 Jonghyun walked towards the boy saying tentatively, “Key, I’m sorry, I just-”

 Key’s body slumped to the floor.

 He wasn’t moving. He wasn’t breathing.

 .

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next chapter's not coming up for a couple of days or so. >:D