Chapter 13: Decisions

Switched
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

    Day 5, Friday, 8am   "I'm here to turn in my resignation letter."    Hyoyeon wasn't sure what she was doing. It felt like an out of body experience for her. She loved being part of SNSD, even if she didn't get to sing much, she did what she loved: dancing. Furthermore, she had 7 angels beside her, now 8 including Tiffany.    Soo man looked hard at his dancing queen. He could see her sorrow, knowing that she was upset to do this. "I don't understand. Why, Hyoyeon?"   "I...I..." Hyoyeon started, trying to continue. "I'm a coward that can't stand to see the girl I love fall for someone else." She thought, thinking quickly for an excuse. "I have my reasons."    "Hyoyeon, I won't dig further. But I also won't accept this letter." Soo Man looked at her, noticing her freeze.    "Please, you have to help me. Please accept it," Hyoyeon croaked out, unable to bear it. She couldn't go back and face them.    "I'm sorry, I can't. I know SNSD I having a break now. You have two more days, right? Well, use those days to think through. If you really can't, I'll have no choice but to accept it." Soo Man tried to reason with the blonde.   Hyoyeon nodded, muttering her thanks before bowing. She quickly exited the building, holding in the tears that threatened to fall all the way to the SNSD van.    After signalling her worried manager to drive her home to her parents, she slumped in the back seat, letting the hot tears slide down her cheeks.    ----------------------------------   Tiffany sighed happily, letting Taeyeon drag her into her BMW. "OMO, you can afford this?"    "I like to drive in style, cutie pie." Taeyeon smirked, opening the door to the passenger seat for Tiffany, who gladly scrambled in.    "Someone's too rich," Tiffany muttered under her breath, feeling the car's high quality leather seats. "But you don't even drive much. You have that fancy SNSD van."   "I bought this so I could free myself from the paparazzi." Taeyeon sighed, starting the engine. She held on Tiffany's hand, keeping the other hand on the steering wheel.    "Where are we going?" Tiffany asked for the umpteenth time. She felt the warmth from Taeyeon's hand, and somehow that felt comforting.    "I told you, a secret," Taeyeon smirked, patting Tiffany's hand.   They continued the drive in silence, enjoying each other's company till they reached their destination.   ----------------------------   Still Friday, 10pm    (A/N: pretend Hyoyeon lives near the SNSD dorm, k? ^^)   Hyoyeon dragged her luggage, standing outside her house nervously. Her parents would be disappointed, no doubt. But they'll respect her decision to quit, won't they? It's just for two days before she will go back to Soo Man sunbaem.    "Hyoyeon? Are you taking a break?" Her mother asked once she opened the door. It was rare for her daughter to come back home without saying a word. Her schedule was always packed, it was hard to see her.    "Mom," Hyoyeon breathed, trying and failing to hold her tears in. Abandoning her calm image she tried to pull when she reached, she dove into her mother's embrace, crying heavily.    "Hyo? What's wrong, sweetie? Come in, I'll make you some warm tea." Hyoyeon's mother said worriedly, pulling her belongings into the house while settling the sobbing girl down.    Hyoyeon sat heavily on the couch as she watched her mother pour the tea. She wasn't sure what to say, or how to explain things.    Sipping the tea she missed so dearly, Hyoyeon struggled to keep the tears in once again. She missed home; she missed everything about it. She couldn't keep the secret away from her own mother.    "Mom, I'm in love with Seohyun."   ------------------------------   Meanwhile, Taeyeon and Tiffany reached the place their date was held. Tiffany scanned their surroundings, shocked that it was empty and desolated.    "Are you kidnapping me? Where's everyone?" She asked nervously, letting Taeyeon drag her to the open field.    "No, princess. We're having a picnic." Taeyeon grinned dorkily, showing her the placed picnic mat on the grass.   "How...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter