An old start, a new past.

Exordium. ∞

 

An old start, a new past.

 

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

 

My palm rested on my chest, in an attempt to palpate my heartbeat. 
 
My heart is beating so wildly, I don't think my body can take it much longer. 
 
There he stood, raking his hair with his fingers casually, matching my starstruck stare with a look just as intense.
 
Oh my flying unicorns and dragons. 
 
His lips curled upwards and I think I forgot how to breathe momentarily. 
 
He's... Beautiful. No, breathtaking. Stunning. He's the epitome of perfection.
 
"Are you coming with me? Or are you going to just stand there and continue staring at me?" 
 
His voice resounded in my head and threw me off balance. 
 
The manly, deep, velvety timbre of the sound is more than what I need to hear for the rest of my life.
 
He made a gesture for me to go to him, and it took me a while to finally process what he was saying.
His blonde hair glowed in the dim sunlight of the dawn, the romantic colors of the sky further causing me to feel as though I was in a fairytale. His smile shone brighter than the sun and his eye smile... He adorned a sky blue shirt and grey jeans, matched with leather shoes, an expensive watch and jewelled earrings.
 
Cheonsa. 
 
I ran towards him and embraced him tightly. 
 
"Woaaah. You're getting touchy." 
 
I sensed a blush creep up my cheeks as I heard him chuckle.
 
"I know who you are. You're an angel! You must come from the land of flying unicorns and tooth fairies! Can you bring me there?"
 
"Don't you... " Cheonsa mumbled, looking downwards, seemingly deep in thought. 
 
He must be wondering how to get Santa to drive us there. Ooo, ponies! Hehehe, I'm cominggg~
 
"Nevermind, it's nothing. Let's go..." Cheonsa paused for a second, glancing at me with an countenance so bleak I thought I might suffocate. "Lay."
 
"Lay?" 
 
"That's your name, silly." 
 
I tilted my head and stared at him with a blank expression.
 
"Lay...?"
 
"Cheonsa... PIGGYBACK ME!" I said as I burst out in laughter. He laughed too, his laughter similar and as beautiful as the bells and chimes of the church.
 
"I'm not 'cheonsa', Lay. Call me Kris." He said soothingly, as though pacifying a little kid. 
 
Not bothering to pay much attention to him, I ran behind him and jumped onto him. He stumbled on his feet before erupting into yet another fit of laughter as he adjusted me on his back and started walking. 
 
His back was wide, and he smelled of cologne that I wanted to drown myself in. 
 
Oh my fluffy teddy bears and alpaca plushies, his hair is so... Smooth and fluffy! 
 
I giggled to myself as I continued ruffling up his hair and resting my head in his nape. 
 
My name is Lay.
 
I looked at him from the side, observing his features.
 
My cheonsa's name is Kris. MINE. 
 
It must have been a pretty long walk, because I fell asleep halfway and woke up in another soft bed, surrounded with soft toys and standing figurines. 
 
I headed out and found myself in this very big mansion where I knew it would be hard to find my way around. 
 
"LAY!" A voice boomed and I jumped up, startled, hands on my chest. 
 
I looked at the source of the voice in confusion, not recognizing who it was. 
 
"You woke up! Kris is in the kitchen, from what I heard from Kai, you might want to go stop Chen from playing another trick on Kris or prevent Kris from burning down our kitchen." 
 
"My cheonsa can't cook?" I giggled to myself, showing my dimpled smile. Then, I frowned. "Kai...? Chen?"
 
Who are they? 
 
"What's wrong, Lay? You seem deep in thoughts. I'm Luhan, by the way. Kris told me about you." 
 
The blonde haired guy standing in front of me said, his doe eyes twinkling with playfulness and youth. 
 
"Is everyone here cheonsas? Blonde hair, eye-smiles, tall and cute." I said blankly, unable to fathom why laughter was coming from Luhan.  I gasped. "You guys must be on Santa's naughty list because you messed with Barbie's hair dye!" 
 
Luhan doubled over in laughter, rolling on the floor, clutching onto his stomach. I furrowed my brows. 
 
Is Luhan mental? Maybe I need to bring him to the hospital. 
 
"S--Ha-Se-HAHAHAHA-Sehun!!! Se-HAHAH-HUN!!!! K-Kaaaaaai!!!" He screamed, still laughing. Voices started getting closer, and soon, I found 8 others standing in front of me, with knowing faces that I didn't recognize.
 
 
 
∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞
 
 
Kris' P.O.V
 
 
A/N: Bold italic's is Kris' brain. 
Italic's is Kris' thinking.
 
 
Is that... Him?
 
That boy standing on the beach looked an awful lot like the person I've been missing.
 
What is he doing here? Isn't he...?
 
He shouldn't be here. No, Kris. 
 
Kris, turn. TURN. WALK AWAY.
 
Before you hurt him again. 
 
My instincts betrayed me and my feet walked uncontrollably towards the figure on the beach. He had his arms outward, he was facing the sky and taking in deep breaths like he always did. 
 
He turned around and stared at me with the very same eyes I've been longing to see.
 
His twinkling eyes formed into cresents and his dimples were showcased. His eyes spoke of a tender love, and it was blindingly bright. I raked my hair in an attempt to calm myself. 
 
"Are you coming with me? Or are you going to just stand there and continue staring at me?" 
 
I regretted saying that once it was out. What was I doing? He'll be hurt again. 
 
I couldn't just leave him there, could I?
 
He was fragile, vulnerable, and all things that needed protection.
 
Excuses, excuses.
 
I'm not making up excuses. It's the truth.
 
Denial at it's finest, you sure know how to work it.
 
Shut up, brain. Or inner me. 
 
Without realizing we were locked in an intense gaze, Lay ran towards me and embraced me without warning. 
 
So warm and safe. I don't deserve this.
 
"Woaaah. You're getting touchy." I said playfully, in an attempt to stop him, before he... Before history repeats itself.
 
He blushed and I couldn't help but to chuckle.
 
"Don't you... "  I mumbled, looking downwards, deep in thought. 
 
Didn't he remember me?
 
Apparently not, stupid. 
 
"Nevermind, it's nothing. Let's go..." Pausing for a second, I glanced at him, with depression tugging on my heartstrings.
 
Knowing him, he could even forget his name and still be happy.
 
"Lay."
 
I'll call you that from now on. I'll protect you.
 
Lies. You couldn't save him back then. What makes you think you can now?
 
I'll give my life, my everything. I'll give you another fresh start, and a happy ending.
 
Lies. 
 
You don't know anything.
 
"Lay?" 
 
"That's your name, silly." 
 
He stared at me blankly and I stifled a laugh, knowing he was confused. 
 
"Lay...?"
 
"Cheonsa... PIGGYBACK ME!" He said and burst out in laughter. 
 
I love his laughter. You are my angel, Lay. I'm not your angel, I'mn not your prince, I'm not your saint, but I'll give my everything for your happiness.
 
"I'm not 'cheonsa', Lay. Call me Kris." I said gently, afraid to break the soul before me.
 
Lay's mind was probably in LaLa-Unicorns-And-IceCream land again because he ignored me and jumped onto my back, laughing and squealing. I stumbled.
 
How embarassing. If you were Tao, I'd probably kill you already. Wait.. He'd use aegyo on me... 
 
You need to go for aegyo-resistance class, Kr-Ris-Seu. 
 
... I think I can agree with you on that one.
 
Lay ruffled my hair and squealed repeatedly and I felt warmth radiate my entire being. Somewhere along the road, he fell asleep.
 
 
I glanced at the boy on my back who was mumbling something along the lines of 'unicorn', 'dragon', 'alpaca' in his sleep. 
 
I chuckled to myself and continued walking home.
 
'He doesn't remember you.' 
 
I felt a pang in my heart as I tried to block out the voice in my head.
 
'Stop resisting Kris, you know it's meant to be.' 
 
I grimaced as I tried to ignore it.
 
'Why did you come back to him...'
 
I stopped walking. His soft breathing filled my ears.
 
'You're going to hurt him all over again...' 
 
After walking for around 30 mins, I reached home and laid him down in what originally was his room. 
 
I gazed at him lovingly and fixed his hair.
 
"Ahem." 
 
I turned to the door and saw Luhan, Sehun, Kai, Tao, Chen, D.O, XiuMin, Chanyeol, Baekhyun and Suho crowded together with their brows furrowed.
 
"Kris, I thought you NEVER let anyone into this room. Why---" I broke him off with a panicked look and looked at Lay. Assured that he was asleep and unable to hear anything, I signalled for them to head to our conference room.
 
Chen locked the door behind him and gestured for me to continue.
 
"He's a friend of mine." 
 
They don't have to know.
 
"Why that room?" Suho asked with a questioning look, not buying my lies. Judging from Kai, Luhan, Chen, XiuMin, Baekhyun's looks I knew that they didn't buy my story either.
 
Only sillies like Sehun, Tao, D.O, Chanyeol would believe you, K-Ris-Seu.
 
Aww, how encouraging. Shut up, brain. 
 
"Just because." 
 
They looked at me expectantly.  I took a deep breath.
 
"Sorry guys, I'm not ready to tell you yet. Please, I have my reasons. Trust me."
 
They softened and slowly nodded, even Kai gave me a pat on the shoulder.
 
Kai's in love with my shoulder, I know it. 
 
Yeah sure, you narcissistic banana. 
 
WHY BANANA?!
 
You're blonde.
 
Luhan is too, I don't hear you calling him a banana!
 
He's cuter than you. 
 
But I'm---
 
Obviously I love him more than you.
 
You're MY brain.
 
I don't care. 
 
Whoever hears what's going on inside my mind would probably think I'm mental.
 
That's probably because you are.
 
Damn it.
 
"I'm going to prepare him something to eat."
 
"WHAT?! NO, KRIS, NO! MY KITCHEN STILL HAS A LONG LIFE TO LIVE." D.O screamed, startling everyone in the room.
 
My brows furrowed as I looked at him. 
 
"Sorry umma." I looked at the rest. His eyes went wider than normal, which trust me, IS CREEPY. IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
 
"Tie him up, please." 
 
"Aye aye sir!" 
 
The room erupted into boisterous laughter.
 
"I need you guys to do me a favour...."
 
They stopped in the ir tracks and looked at me.
 
"Call him 'Lay'. L-A-Y, Chanyeol. Not Ray." Chanyeol nodded, bobbing his head up and down in a fast motion with his toothy grin and wide eyes. 
 
"Okay Krease!" He replied happily.
 
Mental facepalm. 
 
"Treat Lay well guys, he doesn't remember a thing, not even who he is." I sighed. 
 
"I'll take my leave and retreat into the kitchen."
 
"NO KRIS, PLEASE, NO!!!" D.O's scream was the last thing I heard before I closed the door.
 
He knows nothing, he doesn't even remember me. 
 
Just as I was beating some eggs...
 
"S--Ha-Se-HAHAHAHA-Sehun!!! Se-HAHAH-HUN!!!! K-Kaaaaaai!!!" 
 
Luhan... *facepalm.
This is where hell starts. 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: I've no idea what I just wrote, OTL. Is it too boring? TAT. Is it too long or too short? More fluff or more angst? Should I make the font bigger?