Judges part 2 + 2nd round (SM)

Audition guide to SM! Little for YG, JYP+

In weekly auditions LA the company hires intern college students to record auditions, evaluate and give the recorded material to headquarters in Korea. That is why most people who are liked by the judges in weekly auditions get high hopes. 

In global auditions they callback quickly mainly because of time management and money. Some people have said they were told on the spot to come to second round of auditions tomorrow and some people get callbacks within a few days. If you don't get any contact within a month it probably means you failed.


Okay so during your first rounds of audition, if they are interested in you they would tell you to put your hair back and take face shots. Then if they are more interested in you they would tell you to stay back and ask you to come to this nice hotel tomorrow to audition again. In that audition there was only couple people like 10~15 or so. Even though the first audition had many people like hundreds and hundreds, only few people were asked to do second rounds. 

Individually they would make you audition and they would record it. Obviously you would have to sing (maybe four songs), dance (freestyle), self introductions in all the languages you know, and model. This will take few hours. 

Of course they will eliminate some people.


 

Heres some extra tips:

There was this girl who made it to 2nd round of auditions.. She ruined her chance though... The judges asked her why she wanted to be in SM and she said "Because I really like DBSK." 

tip 1: Don't say that you are only auditioning because your favorite idols are in it.. =_=

tip 2: Don't say that you are only auditioning for fun.. You have to show the judges that you are serious about wanting to become a trainee and be famous.

tip 3: You should be polite and show manners. Don't chew gum while auditioning. When sitting down, sit up straight. Why is it important? A boy was auditioning and he was good at singing,dancing and acting but he was chewing gum and sitting down too comfortably. He realized his mistakes and didn't do them again and ended up in a boy band. In Korea, whilst auditioning, some judges can find these kinds of actions rude. 

tip 4: Best thing to say when they ask you why you are auditioning.. You should say something like "Because it is my dream," or "I have always wanted to do this since blah blah blah.." It just shows that you are serious. Just say something that shows how willing and serious you are. Many idols who are under SM and who are not also said these stuff like it was their dream to be a singer yada yada yada.


Now guys the showbitz isn't always pretty. Even if you get into SM, who knows if you will be transferred to another company. There are even something like full time trainees, part time trainees, unofficial trainees, and official trainees. Even if they tell you that you're going to debut, sometimes they will change their minds and not debut you. All I have to say is that luck plays a big role.


Now to the people who can't audition because of their parents....

Yes it is your dream and you should chase it, but remember if you're under 18, your parents are responsible of you. You should think about your parents point of view before being mad and saying that they don't support you. Mainly because they want you to get a stable career and that they care for you. If you are really truly serious, just confront your parents and tell them your feelings. Gradually they can come to accept it. Tiffany's dad was against her going to Korea to train and become an idol, but she told him that this is something that she really wants to do, so he understood and allowed her. The reason why your parent's approval is so important is because SM says you need to get parent's approval to go train and such so that they can't sue them for "stealing" their child.

Now of course you can't be an idol forever, so if you are planning to be a trainee if you pass auditions, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT NEGLECT you studies and school. Not everyone can be an idol, so you need a back up plan. 


Sometimes when you reach the end of your dreams, you have to wake up.