Of Early Mornings, Lost Ladies and Heroic Gentlemen

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Of Early Mornings, Lost Ladies and Heroic Gentlemen"

PART 2/2 OF DOUBLE UPADTE. If you have not read the first part, click here (49 TICK TOCK)

Nobody's POV

 

"Okay, settle down," Mr Lee called, drawing everyone's attention in.

All of the students were seated already, and had now stopped their talking. 

Qian, Soeun, Chaerin, Yoonah, Seohyun and Jieun all sat together in the front row, whereas the boys were seated elsewhere for once. They had all arrived after early this morning, having an early start to school, and met up in the hall. Similarly, the boys sat together in the crowd, and for the first time in a long time it was that simple. Some alone time with their friends was overdue. And it wasn't an ideal for it to be with rehearsal talks.

The teachers were again standing or seated on the stage after getting up even earlier this morning than the students, in order to make sure everythign was readyy for the rehearsal. Each of the teachers held a cup of coffee and sported dark circles under their eyes. This was hard on everyone.

"Now girls, as we said today will be the full run through rehearsal," Mrs Kim took the lead once again. "Whereas yesterday each of the acts got an assigned time to rehearse with their coach or teacher on stage, whilst other groups rehearse back stage independently, today will be a formal rehearsal. I want professional attitudes today. Understood?"

The students murmured a reply, in between yawning or rubbing their eyes.

"Good. Now, the order of the performances, has been decided."

"Yes," Mrs Ahn nodded, pointing to an A2 piece of paper stuck to the left wall in front of the stage. "You can find the order here. If there are any issues, come and notify me. If we think there is an issue with the order or it can be improved, we will do that any way, but if there are specific reasons you must let me know. When it is your turn to rehearse your name will be called once. If you don't arrive within 5 minutes, we will carry on weithout you. We are on a tight scheduel."

A hand shot up, and Mrs Ahn turned to the girl. "Yes?"

"What if we don't hear and miss our cue, or are in one of the rooms backstage?" The girl signalled to the doors to the left of the stage that led to a corridor with series of small practise rooms.

"Mr Shim has that under control."

At these words Yunho grinned and stood as if on cue, signalling the the microphone in his hands.

"This mircophone is connected to the all of the speakers in the rooms, backstage, onstage, above stage and in the audience. You will hear it," Yunho nodded as the girl began to speak again, guessing her line of thought. "In the real thing, the T.V.s will be active, so you can keep any eye on your order, and there will be a separate microphone for only the speakers backstage. In other words, don't worry."

An amused chatter sparked, but died down again as Mr Lee cleared his throat.

"Last thing. The theatre students are with me," Mr Lee announced over the murmurs. "We had the stage all morning yesterday, now we'll give the stage to the other groups. Don't get too excited, we'll be practising in the largest back stage room, and will still be on stage when qued."

A disappointed grunt came from the drama groups. The ladies also huffed at this announcement; they wouldn't get to hang out in between performances with their friends.

"We will begin rehearsals at 9am. The first part of the day will be done out-of-costume, and without lighting and full sound, but still running through the order professionaly. If you're not on stage, be back stage rehearsing. But after lunch, you will all be give your costumes, and expected to be ready by 1pm sharp. The full dress rehearsal will run through without interruption, beginning at 1:15pm. Be ready." Mrs Kim finished, eyeing each of the students seriously.

"Ok, I think that's all," Miss Kwon called back the students, as the others nodded. "Theatre group, you already know you're last performance, and for others the order is similar to that sketch yesterday. Go ahead and read the order. You all have ten minutes before we begin." she yelled the last bt in an effort to get it over the crowd. Th teachers, finished their speeeches, moved back, to ready the stage and resources.

The students immediately rushed forwards, straining to see the list order.

The ladies stayed put, deciding to not get trampled in the mad rush to see the order.

"Aww, we have to leave again," Yoonah pouted, turning to the others with a scowl.

"Hm," the other girls agreed.

"Afraid so," Soeun sighed, not too pleased about the news either.

The girls stood up, each stretching their legs. Well, 5 of them any way. 

"Unnies, we really need to get together soon," Jieun piped up with a frown.

Yoonah nodded. "I feel like we hardly see each other other than quickly and inbetween lessons."

"I agree," Seohyun nodded, before pausing as though waiting for a response. But nothing came.

Weird. This was usually about the time someone butted in. Her eyes automatically landed on Chaerin, who stood beside Seohyun, and yet had not spoken a word. The other three hadn't seemed to noticed, and were agreeing with her statement. But Seohyun frowned. She softly elbowed her.

"Chae Unnie?" Seohyun spoke up, and Chaerin immediately snapped her head over to her.

"Huh?" she blinked vaguely at the four of them syncing into the other three's (who had continued talking oblivious to Chaerin's zone out) conversation.

"I mean, I hardly even see us all together," Yoonah was saying.

"Aish exactly!" Chaerin stomps, immediately snapping into action, and gaining attention. "You guys are never around any more, what's the deal with that? What's a girl gotta do to see her friends?!"

Seohyun giggled along with the others, immediately forgetting about Chaerin's silence, as she carried on talking as though she'd always been interacting.

"You're always with Taecyeon, or in theatre with Soeun, Jieun is always with Wooyoung, Seo..." Chaerin trails off, glancing over to the said girl. "Hey what are you always so busy with Seohyun?"

"Huh?" Seohyun blinks. "Nothing. I'm waiting for you guys to be un-busy."

The girls laughed at Seohyuns comments, before Jieun spoke up.

"Hey, no fair unnie. Come to think of it, you're always busy too," Jieun frowns, responding to Chaerin's comment about her.

Seohyun nodded. "Actually, you're mostly with Minj-"

"AND WHAT ABOUT QIAN EH?" Chaerin suddenly spoke loudly, drowning out the girl. "Always off with that Nichkhun of hers."

"Hm, unnies always pretty busy rehearsing," Soeun nodded, as the others agreed. "But we really should make some time... Right Qian?"

"Qian?" she looked up.

The girls look around at the mention of their unnie, frowning as they notice her face is not amongst them. They had drifted away slightly from their previous seats, not realising one of them had stayed behind until now.

Their eyes landed on Qian, still seated, about three metres away, her eyes staring down at her phone, a little too empty.

The girls exchanged glances, frowning to themselves.

"Well," Chaerin shrugged, the mood change knocking her down a notch. "It is today."

The other girls sighed, needing no explanation, all very aware of the date which was finally upon them.

"How do you think she's doing?" Yoonah murmured.

"I... I'm not sure," Soeun sighed, analysing Qian's posture. She couldn't say for sure herself. She kind of looked near to the way she did that day she had found her in the park - emotionless, the defense which automatically masked her emotions. Still, there was a difference; no tears now, or complete emptiness. Qian looked, at most, deeply in thought, maybe even day dreaming. Not robotic.

Then again, she may have just been readiing someting on her phone. It was hard to tell with Qian.

"Of course unnie's fine," Seohyun nodded. "She wouldn't let herself be any other way."

The others stayed silent as this sunk in.

"Seo Unnie's right," Jieun nodded after a minute. "Qian unnie is fine; she's not mourning, and it's not like she wants the concern. If she'd decided to carry on, then so should we. Maybe she's not even thinking about it." The girls all turned back to Qian. "Or maybe she's just reminicing. Either way, she doesn't look stricken, and we shouldn't force the feeling onto her. She may be perfectly fine."

Just as Jieun finished her sentence Qian shifted her position, sighing to herself softly.

"Plus," Chaerin stifled a yawn. "School on a Saturday? That isn't easy either."

The girls chuckled, shaking their heads at her before continuing.

"Jieun's right. Follow Qian's lead. She's been busy lately any way, she doesn't need extra on her plate,"  Soeun agreed. The others nodded, deciding this was the best thing to do after all. 

"Come on," Chaerin began to walk towards Qian.

"Unnieee," Jieun smiled as they neared Qian. Qian just blinked once or twice, before turning to her dongsaeng.

"Jieun-ahhh," she replied in the same tone as her with a grin. The others exhaled inwardly, the fear leaving them.

"We've only got five minutes before Yoonah and Soeun leave," Jieun pouted, noting the dark circles under her eyes, as Qian chuckled.

"I know. We better go and check the time table."

So she was listening. Not completely day dreaming... she looked normal enough.

"How was yesterday girls?" Qian asked, standing and straightening up with a grin. "I didn't see you after registeration."

"It was ok," Three of the six girls chorused hurriedly. Yoonah, Chaerin and Soeun looked at each other in confusion, before dropping their gazes quickly.

"O-okay then..." Jieun murmured.

"How was lunch?" Qian asked again, for once too preoccupied to fully assess the strange tones.

"Fine," Jieun smiled. "I was with Wooyoung."

"Obviously," Chaerin smirked. 

"Well, we all know who you were with," Seohyun and Yoonah shot back, and Chaerin frowned, just a second before returning to normal. 

"And you were having lovey dovey romance with Taec, right?"

"Why, yes," Yoonah smiled, sticking out her tongue, making even Chaerin laugh.

Soeun stayed quiet.

"Ok

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter