The Show Case

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"The Show Case"

Chaerin's POV

I'm currently day dreaming in fourth period Math, everyone's silent as its an algebra write up. Since there is no way I'm doing algebra, I'm left to my thoughts...

So much has happened in the past two months... Well in feels like it. From January, where everything was the same as it had always been, to March, where my little sis is basically dating a kingka, Nichkhun and Qian are back to normal, and Soeun's... well, mystery. From what I know, Soeun hasn't met with Junho again, and Junho has not approached her personally. So they must just have been friends, or hanging out. Soeun does seem a bit down though recently though, since we got back from February half term... They don't see each other other, other than when the whole group comes over to drag Wooyoung away, or reclaim him from Jieun after lunch.

Yep, that's right, they sit together at lunch now too. I actually don't know where they sit, they just disappear at lunch together. God knows where they go, but I'm not worried. Qian is more then comfortable with Wooyoung being with Jieun, so it must be fine. Plus, I've seen the way he looks at her. They'll be going on strong, maybe even forever. Even though it's not even been two months since they announced their feelings, I already can't picture one without the other. I sigh at my thoughts.

Math is so boring...

I'm pretty sure we were meant to be ditching our subjects soon. As soon as we near exam time, we focus more on performing, but until then... I put my head on the table, and close my eyes, trying to get some rest. Qian is also quite a mystery. After announcing their rekindled 'friendship', Nichkhun and her are hanging out a lot more now. She's with him whenever she's not with us. I can tell she misses him when he's not around. He walks her home, and waits for her after her gym classes. But despite these couplyish signs, they don't act like they're dating. I have never seem them hugging, or even holding hands. Nichkhun seems super careful with her, almost as though she's delicate at the moment...

That's why I have started to wonder if it's because of Changmin. After all, he was there the day it happened. I suppose they have a kind of connection, and maybe he's one of the only people who can comfort her. Soeun is close too, because Qian and Soeun are the only ones who have really had a heartbreak, so she can relate. Probably because they were the only ones in real relationships. They can sympathise.

I've never really given it much thought, I'm just killing time, never really having anything strong in a relationship. But it's different for others. Especially Yoonah.

You see, Yoonah has been seeking a real relationship for as long as I can remember, but she has never found it. She has been serious in all but a few of her relationships, but she broke them off after a maximum of a few months. It's like she's frantically searching, and I can see how desperate she really is under the conceited mask. I was speaking with Qian about it, just the other day:

"She wants to know it's real." Qian had said. "She wants to be assured that love exists, that she can be cared for so deeply... Underneath it all she just wants to feel loved." 

I know that she is just insecure under it all. She did whatever she thought might help her find love. And to her at the moment, looks were what would help. She wanted someone to love her, and looks heped get attention. She was already stunning naturally, but she paid special attention to make up, clothes and over all perfection that would have people drawn to her, have people notice her. Maybe she thinks one day, the right person might. She didn't know if someone could love her for just her, so she tried to aid them. It wasn't like she had been very loved previously, and if it wasn't for us, I don't think she would have made it through...

Yoonah had lived happily with her parents and older sister, up to middle school. Her mother showered her with love, her father brought her many presents, but was always some how busy. When she was about to go into high school, her dad had walked out on them, after her mother had discovered he was having an affair. Well, more then one affair. She never heard from him again, and her mother had never found, or even looked, for someone else.

So essentially, she had watched her mothers heart being broken, right in front of her eyes, and someone who Yoonah had believed sincerely loved her, to just leave without a second thought. She witnessed the love her mother had for her father, and had thought he loved her equally. But in the end, he was just a good actor. He never loved her mother, as far as she knows. Or even their children. 

Yoonah's sister, Taeyeon, was in high school at the time at the time. From the day their father walked out, her sister changed. She left behind the idea of love, and turned into the female equivalent of a player. And who could blame her? Yoonah was scarred, and she was too young to even understand fully. Taeyeon must have been messed up inside. I guess she wanted revenge, and she got it from breaking as many males hearts as she could. Even to this day, she just juggles hearts.

Since their father left, their mother had remained bitter, enforcing that both should never get involved with the so called boys. Taeyeon accepted, being more vulnerable, but Yoonah never gave up. 

That's why you could argue that love is more important to her then any one of us. She needed the assurance that not all males were like her father. 

"FOR THE THIRD TIME MISS LEE GET UP THIS INSTANT!"

My head shot up from the desk, and I look around alert. 

Huh? When did I fall asleep? I must have drifted off... I relax as I take in my surroundings. Still in boring old math... 

"Yes miss?" I say lazily.

"Mrs!" She corrected, and I grin. I know her title full well, but it always ticks her off when I get it wrong.

"Whatever,"

"Lee Chaerin, do not talk to me in that manner!" I grin. I can't help it. It amuses me, plus it passes the time in boring math. Math has nothing to do with my future anyway, and she interrupted my rest.

"Yes miss," I reply, grinning from ear to ear. Yes, were back at square one with miss. The rest of the class giggle. Trust me to liven up this crappy lesson.

"Mrs," she says, sighing and shaking her head, but I know she's still seething. I simply grin. She opens to scream at me again, but the bell goes. 

"Saved by the bell," I smile at her patronizingly, before packing my stuff and skipping out the class, exiting to the sound of the pupils hysteric laugher. 

I sigh as I cross the corridor, trying to remember my next lesson... Music!

Jieun and Seohyun also do music, but they are in the other class.... Still, music's my favourite lesson, especially when we rap. It's also the only lesson in which I respect our teacher; Miss Kwon. She's young, learned, and she's brilliant. She can sing, play most instruments and she's just generally really cool. Before she taught, she was a mentor in the music industry, and even composed for many famous artists. She decide

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter