Verdicts

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Verdicts"

Soeun's POV

"I'm not leaving," he says, the back of his hands brushing my cheek. "I would never break my promise."

I gaze into his eyes, my expression taken.

"You always knew exactly what to say," I murmur. He smiled softly.

"This is me now, not then. I just... I need you work with me."

"Oppa, I," I sigh regretfully. "I already did. I'm trying-"

"We'll get there," he smirked, and my heart stirs. "You won't fail, I'll be right beside you..."

He trailed off, his gaze lingering on my lips, as I stare up at his. Ever so slowly, he inches closer, further and further until he pauses, checking for my permission. I smile, pushing forward the last few millimetres, pressing my lips to his.

...

......

..........

"AND SCENE!" Mr Lee yelled, clapping his hands. The rest of the class followed in suit as I pull away from Minhyun to bow, smiling in appreciation of the praise.

I turn back to my co-actor, nodding in acknowledgement as he smiles at me cheerfully.

"Good scene," I grin.

"You too, beautiful," Minhyun smiles, and I smirk at his flirting, shrugging him off.

Although at the start it was kind of odd, the idea of a kiss scene didn't phase me much when it was announced. I thought it might be a bt awkward, but as I played the role and lead up to it, I realised it was just that; acting. Afterall, faking a kiss can't be harder than pretending to be an entirely different person.

"Okay, great work today class! Tuesday is going to be a piece of cake... Class dismissed!"

I slowly walk over to my bag, smiling at everyone as they passed, making their way out. I sling my bag on, turning just as Minhyun is leaving with his friends.

"Bye Minhyun-ssi," I call, waving as I catch him looking my way.

"See you Soeun," he waves, his eyes crinkling as he smiles. My heart stirs again. Just like it did when we were performing. But not why you may assume.

My hearts speeding quite a lot nowadays. And I think I've figured out why certain things make me smile. Certain things like eye smiles, nick names, playfulness, and certainly top of the list, smirks.

These aren't just random characteristics.

They're thing's that remind me of him. 

Our troublesome Lee Junho. I subconsciously smile as his name comes to my mind. Then I groan, realising what I'm doing. 

Must not think of smirky teasing boy.

But even if Minhyun's actions were similar to Junho, his kiss was not. There was nothing.

Whereas Junho... he's another story. A very breath-takingly fulfilling... STOP!

"Yoonah!" I call in desperation, turning to face her, being on the other side of the room packing up.

"Omo," Yoonah turns, widening her eyes dramatically. "Wae?"

"Let's go," I smile, unable to hold back at her baffled expression. 

Drama queen.

"Yeah le- Oh wait," she bit her lip as she came to a halt after skipping to me.

"What's wrong?" I frown.

"Chaerin... I told her I would wait for her."

"Detention again?

"Yep!"

"Of course," I smile, shaking my head.

We walk up to the school together. As a group, we usually all meet and say our good byes at the end of the day in front of the school, before splitting into two groups according to who walks which way. But since Chae has detention, Yoonah tells me she told her and Seohyun to wait in school for her.  

I walk with her up to the front of the school regardlessly, since Qian will be waiting there. Alone though, since Jieun has gone with Wooyoung.

"Unnie!" Yoonah smiles, skipping over and giving Qian a hug. As much as Qian is like an older sister to all of us, it's more realistic with these two, perhaps because Yoonah was lacking one....

"Hey Yoonah," she smiles, pulling back and analysing her. "Take care of your uniform," she tuts, brushing down Yoonah's blazer and fixing the collars as I smile, watching the scene.

"Nehh unnie," Yoonah smiles brightly.

"Good," Qian smiles. "Now where are the others? Detention again?"

"Yeah, Seohyun is waiting inside for her, and Yoonah's going to join her," I explain, gesturing toward the school.

"Aish that girl will be the death of me," Qian shakes her head fondly, turning Yoonah around to face the school, and giving her a light push in the right direction. "Go on now."

"Neh, bye unnies," she waves at the both of us, heading into the school."

"Bye!" We wave until she's inside. Qian then turns to me, and we walk together, as I loop my arm in hers.

"How's school?" Qian asks.

"It was fine," I shrug. "The usual."

"Any progression on the theatre piece?"

"Not much... other than the kiss scene."

"Which doesn't bother you, if I'm right? So, something else is up."

I turn to blink at her as we walk.

"Unnie, are you sure you're not psychic?" I had thought I was doing a pretty good job acting normal, despite a certain factor.

"Ha, I'm sure," she grins, shaking her head. "You're just easy to read cause I know you."

"But it's the same with everyone else," I sigh as she chuckles.

"It just how people react when others say certain things. Changing in their expressions, hesitation in words. I guess the subtle things just stand out more-""

"To you maybe, cause you're psychic," I add, and she chuckles again, shaking her head.

"Enough about me... o what is up?"

I sigh, wondering how to phrase this.

"Nothing happened with Junho," she states and I nod, nothing else any way. "So what is it then? You miss him right?"

I nod again. "Unnie, I can't stop thinking about him. Every little thing even mildly relating to him in any way, reminds me of him. The kiss my not have effected me, but Minhyun's expression reminded me of Junho and I was almost wishing for him to appear. Even things like his laid back attitude make me... agh."

"Hm... so first you're friends, then you're avoiding each other, then you're friends, and now you both want more. Whatever comes next is jointly up to you both," she says, sumarising it all.

"... wait did you say both?"

"Yeah... it's pretty obvious," she smiles, raising an eye brow. I feel like she's hinting something, but let that go for now. "I mean the kiss, the avoiding, the run ins and finally last weekend."

My heart flutters when she mentions that. Yes, I told her that something happened last weekend, just didn't specify what. I told her I ran into Junho and we spoke; he apologised to me, and then we decided to be friends. Then I told her we went our separate ways. Though, even I'm not sure what she actually believes.

I shake my head trying to think clearly.

"But Qian, Junho's a player. You know it as well as I do. I have to keep my distance from him, anyone self respecting girl does," I say,  the words I've thought so many times.

"You should be right Soeun... You'll have to see that for yourself. I can't tell you what to do, because whatever I know about him is less than you do. Even with what I think, I wouldn't base an opinion of what I've seen just yet, with too much at stake. This is something you have to decide alone," she says, but somehow she looks like she's biting her tongue. She thinks something, but she doesn't want me to depend on her word for it, she's worried she could be wrong. Which I wouldn't count on....

But what exactly has she found out that she is hesitant to share. I mean, they have barely spoken to each other...

"You're right," I sigh, looking back at her. "I have to decide."

I mean, I know it's my fault too. I have always been indecisive. I allowed him to carry on, excluding giving him a few warning looks when he turns jerk-ish or has a player attitude, but overall he's maintained a flirty relationship with me. And I let him, not protesting. Only this week we were interacting intimately, even after everything that happened. I have to either put my foot down and halt these interactions, so we can simply be normal friends, or just accept his behavior, therefore allowing myself to like him more and more, my feelings progressing alone. I know this is just the person he is, playful and flirty. Even if he felt different, he'd get bored soon enough, and I don't want to be in that position.

The problem is, I'm not sure I have the will power to send him away...

* * * *

Junho's POV

"So what the hell do I do now?" I finish, turning to face Nichkhun as we walk home. He stares at me, his jaw slightly slack.

"Sorry, back up here... you just said you... seriously... really..."

"Like someone, yes, are you sure you don't want me to book an appointment with a speech therapist?"

So yes. I like Soeun. I accept it. I know, the only issue is that I don't know what to do next.

"Who did you say it was?" he asks, and I roll my eyes.

"I didn't but nice try," I say, massaging my temples.

"Damn," he grins.

"Khun this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter