Convenient Inconvenience

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Convenient Inconvenience"

Minjun's POV

"No. Run the rap again," I insist, rolling my eyes at Chaerin.

"I JUST DID IT THREE TIMES!"

"Do it again. Now," I reply, checking the time.

"BUT WE DON'T HAVE TIME."

"Oh believe me, I know how short on time we are. We have a month until the production, and we haven't even perfected the lyrics."

It's true, these months have flown by, so fast even I want a breather. Where had the year gone? True, we spent lot of time exploring directions, taking days off and basically trying to harness chemistry - as miss said was essential - but it's already Wednesday, and we don't even, well she doesn't even, know the rap. This is ridulous. It's bad enough I have to be here now, after school for an hour already, with her...

Okay, I'm lying. She isn't that bad and I know it...

"OH AND THAT'S MY FAULT IS IT?!"

"Well, yes actually. If someone had completed the lyrics a few days earlier, then we would've been secure right now," I rub my temples. But I regret the words as soon as their out. 

Silence.

"YOU FREAKING SAID WHAT?!" She yells suddenly, jumping up from her seat, opposite the piano, opposite me.

"It's true. If you had just completed the lyrics before," I continue stubbornly, trying to convince myself. But I know I'm wrong.

"I DID THEM AS SO-"

"Okay, sorry, yeah," I say, giving in to morals. She did get them done within a week, but there's already less than a fortnight. I'm stressed, what can I say? And Chaerin is quite an easy person to take stress out on, since she's always being immature about something or other.

I notice the sudden quiet, and look back up to a frozen Chaerin.

"What?" I ask, as I see her wide eyes fixated on me. 

"Y-you," she says simply. 

I stare at her. "Have you finally lost it then?"

She doesn't speak.

I sigh, moving forward and staring into her eyes. "Okay, listen carefully. I want you to take your phone, you're getting this yeah? Okay, take your phone, and type the numbers '119'. An operator will answer, most probably female, and ask you who you need. I want you to state very clearly that you want 'the men in white coats'. The nice men will then come and get you to take you where you belong. Got that?" I ask, surpressing a chuckle.

She stares at me, but blinks, and then she's glaring. A familiar glare.

"Yah," she huffs, pushing me back to my previous position. "Not funny."

Yes, if it were any one else, she would have swung, right about now. But I, the dragon tamer, have power over this beast, and she knows it.

"Well, what did you expect? Stupid behaviour earns stupid comments," I shrug. She glares at me, and I suddenly have a feeling she's gonna hit me. Hard. "So what was wrong with you any way?" I ask quickly, in attempt to distract her. Not because I'm scared, no way, I'd just like to save my poor limbs from unnecessary damage. 

"Oh yeah," she went back to her wide eyes. "You. You apologised."

Silence. Again.

"Yeah," I agree. "I did."

"You've never done that before."

I consider. Hm, she's probably right.

"I do apologise. Just not to you."

"Why?"

"Cos I'm never in the wrong."

"Pft, whatever."

"Well, not with you anyway," I shrug.

She stares at me. I stare at her. She drops her gaze with a shrug, as I just grin. Another point to me.

"Whatever," she mutters. 

"Let's just get back to work," I smirk.

And we do, for at least another fourty five minutes, non stop practise. Then we get to our eighth run. I sing the intro and chorus whilst the music - which I recorded as an mp3 file, after tailoring it to perfection - played, and then it comes to her part.

"know~ Okay, I'm hungry," Chaerin declared, breaking off in the middle of her rap.

"What?" I ask, groaning.

"I'm hungry," she replies.

"So?"

"I wanna eat."

"Well you can't."

"Yes, yes I can," she glares at me. I just raise my eyebrows, staring at her with a 'did you seriously not work out that doesn't work on me yet' kinda look.

"No, no you can't."

...

"Ah, come one!" she moans, dropping the firey look, and replacing it with a sulky one. I surpress a chuckle. She may be annoying, but this is why I put up with her. Life sometimes gets boring, and she entertains me. "We've been practising for hours."

I check my watch, and consider. She has been working hard I guess, and I'm a little hungry. Plus, we decided only suppose to spend around 2 hours here... I glance at her expession... Got me there.

"Okay," I agree, standing. 

She immediately jumps up, fist pumping.

"ASA! Food here I come!" she yells, bouncing around the room. I watch her with both of my eyebrows raised. Although this is insanely weird, she looks kinda cute. 

Yeah, I'll just pretend I've never noticed that before.

"Chaerin?" I ask, with a chuckle. She immediately halts her bopping.

"Oh, I mean, cool," she says gruffly, slouching again, and examining her nails.

I smirk. "I wouldn't get too happy."

She snaps her gaze to me, a question in her eyes. 

"I just said you could eat, not that we were done here," I state.

"What," she says slowly. "Do you mean by that exactly?"

"Well, it's quite simple really. We're gonna grab something to eat, and then carry on practising for at least half an hour."

...

"What?! WHY?!" She wails. "I've already workied hard!"

"Ha, sure," I chuckle.

"WHY DO YOU HAVE TO COME?!"

"To make sure you don't make a break for it," I confirm, her expression fall. 

That's right, I knew your plan.

"NO!" She stomps.

I chuckle. "Do you want food or not?"

She halts. "I want food."

"Good, then let'd go, before I change my mind."

She stays still for a second, but then groans.

"Ah... fine."

I chuckle, holding the door. "Ladies first."

For the first time, she walks through without a question, muttering to herself. There's a lot I can't catch, but I hear something like 'douche-king'.

Kid.

I chuckle, as I watch her stomp her way through the door way, before pausing.

"You coming or what?" she mutters. I smirk.

"I'm coming," I say, putting my hands up in surrender. She scoffs, continuing her ramage, assaulting the poor flooring.

I follow behind, at a safe distance, watching in great amusement.

The brat... she doesn't know how much she means to me...

* * * *

 

Chaerin's POV

I'm trying desperately to surpress my smile as I stomp on ahead. I manage that okay, but I can't help but turn my head every few minutes, just to make sure he hasn't ditched me. 

What was that brain? Why am I smiling you ask? Why with this person that I supposedly hate, am I genuinely smiling? Well... none of your damned business.

Ahem.

I have to stop my little stomping act as I reach the school gates, since I realise have absolutely no idea where I'm going.

"Why'd you stop? That was some comedy gold right there," Minjun grins, strolling up beside me. Yes strolling, with his stupid hands in his stupid pockets, and his stupid feet moving one after the other, not to mention his not so stupid face smirking not so unattractively, his eyes crinkling in a not so ugly manner... 

Wait, what was I talking about?

I shake my head, turning to him.

"Ha. haha. Not funny," I scowl. "Where are we going?"

"The high street," he says. "With shops."

"Oh," I nod, as we begin to walk together. I'm too tired to act hateful right now. It's already been almost two hours of practising, not to mention a long day of school, and the acting already for this long around him.

We walk together quietly, and it seems he's tired for some reason too. He has a thoughtful expression on his face, and he looks fed up with something.

Woah, is Qian's ability catching on?

"Where shall we go?" I ask, unable to take the silence.

"Probably just some take out," he says, snapping out of it.

We eventually reach the road, and scan the shops. 

"How about this?" he asks, pointing to a chicken store.

"Nah," I reply. "Had that in the cafeteria."

"Hm," he nods. "This?"

"Nope, don't feel like Chinese."

"This?"

"Western food...?"

"... Nah," we both say at the same time. We glance at each other, but both look away  together.

...What the hell?

"How about we just grab some crap from a convenience store?"

"Definitely," I agree

So we walk a little further, finding a store across the street.

"Get a basket," he says, and normally I would argue, but who's got time for that?

Food awaits.

I grab one, heading straight to the snacks section, Minjun hot on my heels.

"This, this and this," I say immediately, selecting a load of crap. To my surprise, Minjun doesn't object, and does the same as me. We scan the shelves, flinging all manner of junk into the basket, topping it off with two soft drinks.

"Okay, we're done," he declares, and I don't disagree. We have a lot of stuff here. 

I head toward the front, the basket proving to be quite a hassel. Turns out adding a load of into it made it a lot heavier. No Sherlock...

I'm just putting all my effort into dragging it along, - my eyes squeezed shut and everything - when I feel the sudden relief of weight. I open my eyes immediately, to give a pasting to whichever fool decided to steal my food, whenn I see Minjun up ahead. My eyes flicker down to his hand, and sure enough, the baskets there. Oh... that was nice of him.

Pft, no it wasn't, that's what any guy should do for girl.

I catch up to him, as he places the basket on the counter. I smirk as the worker's eyes widen at the sight of the basket, before Minjun turns to me.

"You alright there? Hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter