Fascination

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Fascination"

 

 

Jieun's POV

"Jieunnie!!!" Yoonah cheers as soon as she spots me, racing up to hug me.

"Anneyeong," I giggle in her tight embrace.

"Happy Monday," Chaerin says, grouchily nodding at the back, as Soeun waves.

"Hey everyone."

All six of us greet each other after the weekend, more recharged on our second week back.

My eyes go elsewhere as we stand in the corridor surrounded by other students, whilst I look for one particular face.

After the fiasco on Thursday, Wooyoung had taken me to class as promised before going to his own. But after that, I hadn't seen him much. And it doesn't take much to admit that I want to. Even when I had gotten home and all weekend, I kept replaying the scene in my head. The way he quickly caught me, his concen, his deep dark eyes. Eye contact was never an easy thing for me with strangers, but it had been easy to fall into his eyes as he searched mine.

It was different.

Ever since I learnt his name - realising why he was familiar and associated him with his group, the 'gentlemen' - I have only been more intrigued. He's a Kingka, yet he doesn't seem like the type who reveled in it. In the short time we had spoken, he was down to earth, polite and nice. Admittedly, he had garnered my interest, and in such a short time, the weekend only giving me extra time to dwell on it. But it's obvious it may not have been mutual; he hadn't made an effort to see me afterwards, and though I had passed him in the corridor with his friends a few times, he hadn't stopped.

Jieun-ah, stop thinking about him.

I scold myself again. He probably hadn't seen me, I reassure myself. And even if he had, it's not like he had any reason to stop, any commmitment to talk to me. He had done me a favour; just as any nice guy would've. It didn't mean anything.

Only... after the encounter, the image of his smiling features, the ways his eyes crinkled and sparkled... it wouldn't get out of my head. And it was proving to be an issue.

"Jieun," Qian's concerned voice breaks me out of my thoughts. "Are you okay?"

"Neh," I nod with a smile, but she doesn't seem convinced.

Thankfully the bell rang quickly, extinguishing any potential grilling quickly, as we all split to go to our designated classes.

* * *

I reach the classroom of my second lesson, with minutes to spare, quickly taking out my stuff and sitting down. I know we'll probably get a seating plan when the teacher arrives, but I take a seat any way, as I put my head on the desk with a sigh. It's a music theory lesson, the first of the year, the others having been practcal only. The classmates, the teacher and classroom are new. Half way through the year, they'll change our classes; as the students go on to specialise. But as of now, the theory classes are small. Gradually the classroom begins to fill up, and I decide to make use of my spare time, flicking through the text book.

Several minutes later, I'm distracted as the chair next to me is pulled out, and don't look up until a familiar voice greets me.

"Is this seat taken?"

I turn in expectation, my heart racing in a more than embarrassing way, as I take in... well, him.

"Wooyoung." 

He grins as I look up at him, stunned for no reason at all.

Omo.

Omomomomomo.

I repeat the word in my head as the events of last week flash in my mind.

The whole memory makes me feel weak, first of all for being so clumsy as to walk into him, and secondly for being stunned and shy when he saved me from the floor... not that I ever was not shy, just more so that day. Over the weekend I had convinced myself it wouldn't be an issue; it's not like he'd speak to me again... apparently, I was wrong.

As my eyes finally clear, I register his amused features, realising he's waiting for an answer.

"Y-yes," I stutter. "I mean no, its not taken. But I'm sure mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter