Explanations

You're the ONE
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
"Explanations"

Nobody's POV

Soeun rubbed her eyes, groaning as sat up. To say it had been an early start would be an understatement. For some reason, she had woken up at five am, and tossed and turned until half seven before surrending to her very much awoken state. She had waken with a sense of urgency, but as she considered, she couldn't remember why. The whole weekend had been a blur, Saturday revolving around homework, and Sunday being family time. Still, a slight smile appeared on her lips as she recounted yesterday. Her dad had a rare day off, and they had spent it all togetehr. She couldn't remember the last time they - all four of them - sat down and ate as a family. Joonmyeon was as surprised as her, but they'd had a good day.

The thought of this was enough to get her up, as she wondered whether her father would still be home. She'd heard her mother get up some time ago, and decided to finally rise.

She grabbed a towel from her draw, before pausing as she heard something fall. Going to retrieve it, she spotted a familiar ring. Nostalgia washed over her as she held the ring, quickly identifying it as a couple ring from the past. Her eyes went to the calenda, and she smiled. It had been a year since this had lost meaning to her.

Jaerim...

She smiled wider, as memories washed over her.

Her last boyfriend had given it to her. She had tried to return it when they decided to part, but he wanted her to keep it. And she had. She still remembered when they met, at a beach when his beachball had come flyig at her. After apologising, a lot, he had practically dragged her on a spontaneous date, before deciding of his own accord to court her. It was quite funny really; a long-term player becoming attached to a girl. Either way, it was a nice relationship... until he had moved, and she had made a tough but right decision. With a sigh, she placed the ring back on her drawer, her mind wandering off to him, wondering how he was now. She didn't regret it, but she hadn't liked the way she felt after they decided to part. Still, a year later, and she barely reminicised.

Hurrying to the bathroom, she showered, brushed her teeth and prepared, before dressing quickly. She made her way downstairs to eat shortly. She knew she shouldn't, but she allowed some hope to fill her as she waited for her dad to show up. As she entered her kitchen, she was met by her brother and mother eating breakfast. Joonmyeon chuckled at her messy appearance.

"Appa?" she asked simply.

"Aniya."

Both shook their heads, and that glimmer of hope disappeared.

"He got an early start, since he didn't work late Saturday," her mother explained, smiling half-heartedly.

Of course, he was already at work. Sighing she sat down beside her brother, who patted her head.

"Aw come on sis, its okay," he said, understanding her pain completely, but accustomed to the feeling. She simply nodded, before turning to her breakfast as Joonmyeon rose.

"Okay, I'm off," he kissed their mother's cheek, hugging Soeun quickly.

"Anneyeong Oppa," she waved, sighing.

"Annyeong," he paused in the hallway, before yelling. "Omma, have you seen my jacket?"

...

JACKET.

Visions of a jacket - long forgotten after Joonmyeon's appearance - flashed in her mind.

JUNHO'S JACKET!

That was the nagging feeling bugging her all weekend! How had she forgotten? More importantly, where had she left it?!

"It's probably in your room."

"No it can't be-" Soeun's words are cut off.

"Aniya, I checked," Joonmyeon came back into the kitchen, as their mother just eyed Soeun weirdly, and only then did Soeun relaise she hadn't been talking to her but her brother.

Of course she had, it's not like she knew of Soeun's random epiphany... well, hopefully not. Soeun's mind raced as she thought. Last thing she knew, she had shoved it...

"Hmm," her mother thought. "I thought I saw a jacket... Check on the coat rack in the hall."

... At the back of the coat rack.

OMO!

"Thanks Omma, I'll loo-"

"I'll get it!" Soeun jumped up quickly, too worried about the potential discovery to worry about their suspiscious gazes.

"It's fi-"

"I'M ALREADY THERE,"she rushed into the hall before her brother could reply, only hearing him murmur an 'o-okay...'

She searched through the coats quickly, cursing herself for forgetting about it. Just before her brother's appearance, she distinctly remembered freaking out... so where had that panic been all weekend? Her dada had been home for goodness sake... With a sigh, she became even more thankful for Joonmyeon's reappearance, gathering that they put it down to his new clothes.

"Have you found it Soeunnie?"

"Aniya," she called in frustration, before remembering her mother's words. "Omma, where did  you say you saw it?"

"It was on the floor, I put it on teh shelf."

Sure enough, as Soeun pushed aside the coats, she spotten the black jacket. Pulling it quickly, she was momentarily fazed y the scent.

Just how much cologne does he wear...

"Got it!" she grinned in triumph.

"Chinja? Coming."

Her eyes widened as she heard her brother's comment, and she quickly searched though the coats in an attempt to find his, stuffing Junho's back again.

"I thought you said you had it... need help?"

"I GOT IT!" she pulled the familiar coat out, just in time to throw it in her brother's face. Joonmyeon furrowed his brow.

"Omo... Mianhae," she smiled, disguising her panic.

"Erm... it's fine..." her brother shot her a look before going back to the kitchen. Soeun exhaled, breathing deep and then cursing again when she smelt... well, Junho. The scent was still strong.

"Dammit," she retrieved the jacket for a second time, dusting it quickly.

As if on cue, the doorbell rung.

"Oh for goodness sake," she muttered. "I got it!"

When she was sure her family got the message, she pulled the door open quickly, still eyeing the jacket as she wondered just how she would get it back to its rightful owner. Turning to the open door with a sigh, she froze, upon seeing a familiar face.

Wow... speak of the devil...

"Hey princess."

* * *

Wooyoung's POV

I sit in the kitchen, dressed and eating breakfast. I've been up for around half an hour now, and yes even I'm  shocked. I normally never get up on time, let alone early. But today I had a massive motivation.

It's quite chill getting up early, I muse. The house is quiet, there's no rush or shouting.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter