Chapter 36

Falling In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Cameo: Henry from SJ-M

(A/N: He somewhat reminds me of Sunggyu.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyorin's Pov

"Oppa..." I smiled.

"How is it goin' Hyorin?" he asked and sat down beside me.

It's been such a long time since I saw Henry oppa. He's like an older brother to me, back in middle school when we were still kids, he was like my best and ONLY friend. Well I should be lucky that I only even had a friend because being the nerd I am, no one would even talk to me. It's ironic how I was a nerd right? Yeah, bullied day and night but I had Henry. 

The last time I saw him was when he left to America on our first year of high school.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Ehh...my parents were invited so here I am." he said.

"My gosh, it's been such a long time since I've seen you oppa." I said happily.

"Same here. What have you been up to these years? Missed me much?" he said and ruffled my hair.

"Yah!" I said and laughed.

"I missed you a lot Hyorin." He said softly in a brotherly way.

"Me too oppa. How is America?" I asked.

"It's good. Doing concerts overseas and not getting enough sleep is so awesome." He said with sarcasm.

I laughed and slapped his shoulders. I missed the way he would crack up jokes with his sarcasm and the way he was so protective of me.

"By the way Hyorin, what are you doing in a fancy party? The last time I remember you wearing a dress is when we were back in middle school. And that was a dress you got in a local cheap store. Look at you now, wearing heels and a long gown." he said impressed.

"Why? Can't a girl wear fancy clothes and attend a fancy party?" I said jokingly.

"You can. But it seems like you're uncomfortable. This doesn't suit you huh?" Henry said and I knew he would say that because he knows me better than I know myself.

"Not really. The heels are killing me. And I hate dragging this dress around when I walk." I said and shrugged.

"You know, I use to think you're an ugly duckling who never will be able to attend fancy parties. With your nerdy glasses, think eyebrows, and braces." Henry said.

"YAH!" I said and smacked him on the head.

"Just joking! You weren't that bad." he laughed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daehyun's Pov

People around us were congratulating us on our engagement and Lisa enjoyed all the attention. I looked around to find Hyorin but she wasn't anywhere to be found.

"OMO! If it isn't our sweet Lisa!!" a lady and a man said and came walking towards us.

"Auntie and Uncle!" Lisa said and hugged them each.

"Hello." I said and bowed a little.

"Ommona! Daehyun you have grown into such an handsome young man!" Lisa aunt said and smiled.

"He is handsome, isn't he?" Lisa said and gripped on my right arm harder as if I was her pet who was going to run away any second.

"Lisa, take good care of your future husband! I hope you guys will have a happy marriage. And make wonderful babies!" her aunt said and winked.

Lisa turned red and I just almost choked on my drink...again.

"If you'll excuse me." I said and walked away leaving Lisa and her aunt and uncle.

Many other people were trying to make conversation with me but I walked out to the garden. I smiled when there was a fountain and the night sky was very bright. Then I heard a beautiful laugh that I use to hear often.

I looked to my left and saw Hyorin laughing with a guy. But this guy looks Korean, not the American guy she came to the party at first. It was the first time since I saw Hyorin laughing carefree when she came back to Ko

Please log in to read the full chapter