one

over the fence

a moving truck made its way in front of her neighbor's house. jisu panicked then jump onto her bed before they got out of the vehicle. the sound of mumbling and boxes being dropped off excited her. but she didn't dare look outside the window. 

she didn't want to get caught being home alone. she wouldn't know what to do if she did get caught. 
would they send her parents away? she wouldn't want to be alone forever.

and so she continued writing. writing a fiction story that lingered in her head for quite a while now. but she was too busy to get her thoughts on paper. once again, her curiosity got the best of her. 

what were the people moving in next door like? did they have kids?  

she knew they were rich. the house next door was about the size of hers. and her house was pretty large. she was the only person occupying it of course. her parents were workaholics. what did you expect?
 

but they say they do it for her. their fortunes had skyrocketed but her parents wouldn't stop, take a break, somethingshe started looked down on herself again. she thought that she was a disappointment to them. her social status was nowhere to be found. 

 

that quiet girl in the back of the class, that was her. she had no friends. no one wanted to talk to her. she's that freak.

 

she pouted as tears brimmed her eyes and begun concentrating on the escape vault that was with her always. her writing notebook. she didn't get a chance to start the second chapter when her eyelids shut close.

 

 

her body was tangled in the comforter when she groaned and sat up because of the disturbing annoyance coming for outside; the air dry bounce of a basketball that kept repeating itself. that stop a minute later.

"is anyone home?!" with eyes widen, she sat up and panicked. the voice was surprisingly deep. she wondered if he was just calling her down for a friendly greeting. 

"is anyone home?!" there it goes again. she hesitantly stood up and headed downstairs, to her grand backyard. an unfamiliar ball rested on the dry grass.

"there you are! could you please hand me my ball back?"

a tall fence separated them and he didn't even strain to have his head seen over it. she was lost for words. a tiny smile appeared on her face for the first time in months. 

he was a teen and his face didn't match his mariana trench deep voice. he looked rather warm and cuddly. heck, he was radiating sunshine.

"are you okay?" 

she snapped out of it and hurried over to the ball. as she was getting ready to throw it from a distance- 
"come over here! i won't eat you!" his wide smile never went away. 

she shuffled over to him but kept distance, making sure he could at least see her head and he spoke again. 
"you're not much of a talker, are you?"

she shrugged but the small smile of hers lingered. she found him amusing. 
super tall, friendly with a heck of a deep voice wasn't a normal combination. 

"what's your name?" he asked once she returned the ball back to him.
"jisu," she mumbled. 

he didn't care that it was almost inaudible. 
at least she had talked to him and he heard her voice.

as if it was the only thing she could only think if, "what's yours?"

"im chanyeol"

the thought that he wanted to be her friend enlightened her.
only if her smile could get even bigger.