chapter 4

over the fence

jisu hurried to the restroom the moment her eyes fluttered open. her period kept her up all night, she felt like she had only slept for seconds. with a frown on her face, she had a feeling that today wasn't going to be a good day.

she could feel it in her lower belly. 

after, her feet quickly dashed down the stairs, looking for something to eat. the cabinet squeaked as she dug through it. jisu held out a box of cereal. 

this will do. or at least, it'll last her for hours. 

she seriously needed to do some grocery shopping today. the fridge was empty. 

and the house was empty too.

 

 

"hey look! there's the freak!" just great. all that she needed.

the group of girls from school huddled around her. jisu gripped on her bags of grocery until her knuckles whitened. 

"where do you think you're going?" one of the girl spat. jisu wasn't in the mood to fight back with them. she her heels and walked away. she wasn't that far when someone grabbed her shoulders and pushed her into the concrete wall.

"we asked you a question, might as well answer it." they're just trying to pick a fight.

jisu flinched from the impact. these girls never give up do they? "home."

"you do know that you just entered our territory right?" 

her face expression subtly changed from painful to amused. their territory? what century is this?  but she didn't dare to laugh.

"but im going home now" was all that she said before someone's fist collided with the flesh on her face. the bags dropped to the ground before they ganged up and beat poor jisu. luckily, she managed to slip and run away from the 3 horrible girls.

 

"and i couldn't even come home with some food," she mumbled whilst locking the door to her house. her actions were forced because of the pain that spread all over her body. she sighed and gently placed herself on the couch, turning on the TV.

with no enthusiasm, she flicked from channel to channel, stopping on an award show. "wow, she's so pretty.." 

a group of guys caught her attention. 

 

"BIG BANG!" jisu squealed, forgetting she had bruises all over her body. much to her delight, big bang was on tv. it was basically the only thing good that happened today. that reminds her; where's chanyeol?

 

chanyeol hadn't called her down for two days now. jisu was worried. what if something happened to chanyeol? what news didn't she recieve? she shook her head furiously. 

"no, don't think like that jisu." 

and as if on cue, chanyeol called her name from outside the window. she beamed and almost fell from skipping down the stairs too quickly with her hurt ankle. jisu calmed herself, starting counting to 10 and turned the knob leading out her backyard. 

she was confused. she saw no chanyeol. where did chanyeol go? he just called her down, didn't he? she wasn't delusional, was she? she pouted and her head dropped, finding an unfamiliar rose with a note beside it near her feet. 

 

jisu,

im really sorry for not calling you down those two days

so please meet me on the roof of my house 

i left the doors open for you~

 

 

she paused and looked around the spacious roof. chanyeol wasn't there. maybe she IS crazy. jisu proceeded with a frown on her face and leaned against the railing, playing with the rose. the weather was windy. she loved it. 

"boo." chanyeol tightly back hugged her and she flinched. she flinched from the sudden contact and his deep voice but also the pain. they were so close. it was unusual of him to do that and her heart thumped twice its normal speed. 

 

"yah. i was looking for you. where did you go these two day? what happened?" jisu said slowly turning around. chanyeol didn't let her go though. so they were awkwardly facing each other with his arm still on her back.

"i was thinking," chanyeol's smile faded when jisu broke away. 

"im serious chanyeol. what happened?" she limped over and settled on the couch chanyeol had and the boy followed.

"what happened to your foot?" jisu sighed as a gust of wind blew through. the stars winked at her and the moon... it was beautiful.

"nothing important," she replied. chanyeol could now see the bruise on her cheek as she was staring at the yellow circle in the sky.

he stood up from the couch and kneeled on the cold floor, right in front of jisu.

"jisu-ah.. your cheek... what happened? tell me.. please..." he gently caressed her bruise.

"chanyeol you still haven't answered my question."

"but what happened to you? did someone hurt you?"

"i asked you first!"

"jisu!" chanyeol's eyes were softly pleadng her, it almost made jisu cry. 

"some girls beat me up! now what happened to you?!" 

 

the boy placed his giant hands on top of hers, "im sorry jisu... i wasn't there to protect you.. but i promise to do so in the future! only if you accept to be my girlfriend!" 

her breath hitched and she felt her organs flipping inside. what was he trying to do to her? what was he saying?

"i was thinking about you these past two days. and our friendship. what if i confessed? what would we be if you rejected? so i told you to come up here because i made up my mind. would you be mine?"