The 'Prefect' Gift

The Difference Between A o And A Drama

 

 

A group of staff members were surrounding the dessert table chatting about everyday things. They were enjoying themselves among each other feeling comfortable with other people who have to work with Lee Donghae. All day, or most of their days, they would spend break on the latest news trading gossip about the drama prince. It was nothing new but it was somthing that let the time go by.

They were happily eating fresh baked cookies and moist velvet cake. That was one of the perks of being able to work with a high paying actor, even if it could be hell at times. Another perk was meeting other movie stars who came to visit the brown haired male. Their smiles showed happiness but then one of the female staff members gave out a shriek alerting the others of an emerging danger.

With wide eyes, the set crew jumped or ducked away from the table of goods, some stayed a bit longer grabbing at whatever they could grab, as a red sofa landed on it. The plates of sweets were tossed up into the air landing in different places on the floor. It left the floor a mess and the people were on their knees seeing the horror of damaged desserts. 

“Lee Donghae! You were supposed to throw it in the other direction!”

The actor scratched the back of his neck with a crooked smile on his handsome face having a look of innocence. He gave a little wave to the glaring staff members acting as if he was actually embarrass of the situation.  Donghae tried to give a look of pity as the staff proceeded to clean up the mess he had caused.

The director rubbed his temple frustrated and started to pace on the floor with papers gripped in his tight fist. The middle aged man was muttering a few words trying to control his anger. He took a look at Donghae giving out a ragged sigh. This was the fourth time that the brown haired male had missed the target. Three lamps, two statues, and now one dessert table was damaged.

Donghae let a low growl escape his lips. “I’m never going to get this. The damn sofa just won’t corporate!” the actor walked over to one of the walls of the studio and leaned against it with his arms crossed. His pale palm rested on his face covering the smirk on his face happy on his aim toward the desert table.

He had known that the members of the movie, camera men and others, were talking behind his back. Yeah, he loved the attention, good or bad, but he didn't want some lower people talk down on them. If they were so great, then why are they not in his position? They should think about that when they start eating. 

“At least no one got hurt though…” Hyukjae slowly walked toward the brown haired male thinking by the way he was posed, that he was angry about his horrible aim. The blonde's hands were in his pocket and he was looking at the crew cleaning with real sympathy in his eyes. “But maybe you should-”

“Don’t tell me what to do,” Donghae scoffed putting his hand beside him. The smirk vanished instantly with his brown hard gaze landing on the star. Both of the movie actors didn’t have a great first meeting which had caused Donghae to try to avoid him. Hyukjae on the other hand was determined to get on drama prince's good side.

Hyukjae sighed, “I’m not telling you what to do. I’m just trying to give advice.” With a sadden look, the blonde male look down at his shoes quickly then looked back to Donghae. In the star's mind, he wanted to offer him some lessons on hitting the target everytime. Of course it would then lead up to how Hyukjae knows things. He wasn't a baseball player so it was used on a... different set.

The blonde couldn't take it anymore. The guilt was eating at him as he could see the set crew cleaning from the corner of his eye. Hyukjae gave a little nod  to the brown haired male signaling him they were doen talking for now. He left to go grab a nearby broom giving a helping hand around the set.

Donghae felt irritated. He had a slight glare aimed at the back of Hyukjae’s blonde head. He wasn’t the type to get advice from others. Usually Donghae would find it bothersome and plain annoying. It’s his body, his thoughts, and his actions. No one can tell him what to do.

Bastard thinks he knows about show business. Donghae mentally scoffed. How did he even get picked? Did he pay them off or offered to sleep with them? He’s just… Ugh! The actor threw his hands in the air and left grumbling to talk to the director.

“Okay, so things are not going so well but we’ll get this shot soon,” the director was talking on the phone oblivious to everything around him. “Just trust me, okay? This movie will be a success!”

The brown haired male just stood there with his eyebrows rose looking at the fifty year old man silently whispering into his cellphone. Donghae was about to tap on his shoulder to get his attention but the actor spotted a folder with Hyukjae’s name on it.

With a cunning look in Donghae’s eyes, he quickly grabbed it and ran all the way to his dressing room. The set members looked at each other seeing the actor running so strangely. Maybe he went on a coffee hype or something.

Donghae had slammed the door behind him as he entered his dressing room and jumped onto his couch. His legs were crossed as he smiled down at the folder. He was about to open it but then his conscience got in the damn way.

“Are you sure you want to do this?” Donghae looked over at his shoulder to see a small Donghae dressed in white rags. The actor was confused thinking that his conscience was supposed to have wings.

“Of course he does! He can do whatever he wants, “ the brown haired male turned to his left shoulder to see another small Donghae dressed in an all red tuxedo.

The two little Donghaes started to argue with each other trying to come up with certain reasons. It was starting to give the actor a major head ache as he put his face in his hands. He tried to block their voices but it wasn’t working at all.

“You two shut up and go the hell away!” the brown haired male sneered out. He shook his shoulders and soon the two tiny Donghaes had left in a small dust of smoke. The actor quickly opened the folder and only got to the first part of Hyukjae’s paper until a knock was heard on the door.

“Donghae, you have a package,” a female voice was heard behind the wooden door. With a groan, Donghae got up from the couch heading to open the door. He quickly opened it and grabbed the nicely wrapped box.

I wonder what it is. Donghae carefully expected the box with his eyebrows raised. He tilted the perfectly gifted box trying to read the side of it. The box was actually chocolate filled with raisins and Donghae hated raisins. With a glare, the actor was going to throw it away until a smirk was upon his face.

The cocky actor was walking down the hallway with a friendly smile on his handsome face. He had a happy step as he walked passed by decorations and working people. He stood in front of a door with a silver star with the name ‘Lee Hyukjae’ written inside.

Donghae fixed his clean cut clothes and positioned the box in a way that the words were hidden. With confidence, the brown haired male knocked on the door with that fake plastered smile. Soon Hyukjae answered it with wide eyes.

“Uh, Donghae, Did you need anything,” Hyukjae didn’t hide the surprise from his voice. The blonde never got a visit from the rising actor. It has been two days that both of actors have been on the set and Hyukjae was always the one to visit Donghae. Of course the drama prince would ignore it most of the time.

Donghae mentally held back a curse word. He was an actor so it was easy to be someone he’s not. “I just felt bad for today and I guess you were right.” He had a sympathetic look on his face. “Take this.” Donghae handed the box to the still surprised star.

“Really? Thank you! Thank you so much!” Hyukjae had the widest smile on his face with his gum showing. He didn’t bother to question the other from the sudden kindness. He was just happy.

The charming prince just smiled back and quickly left to the set giving a slight nod toward his co-star. As Donghae walked over to the set’s couch he couldn’t help but smirk.

That idiot is allergic to raisins.

Ten minutes in and a scream was heard from the Hyukjae’s dressing room. He ran out going to his manager with a puffy face a swollen red lips.

Donghae leaned against the couch with his hands behind his head. He had a satisfied grin on his face. Even the first line of the document was helpful. This is going to be so much fun.