The Adventure of Buying the Ring

The Engagement Plan

Hi everyone! I am back with another story because I have BAP feels to let out. I hope you like it >< It's a pretty boring chapter but I promise it will get interesting later! This is just the start :)

 

Enjoy

~~~

“Oh my god Hyung just pick one already” Daehyun exclaimed as he slouched over the jeweller’s display counter. Yongguk waves at him dismissively while looking intently at two rings that were sitting in front of him.

“No Daehyun-ah it has to be perfect” Yongguk murmurs. Daehyun groaned.

“You have got to be kidding me! We’ve been here for ages and Hyung I am so hungry right now you have no idea” Daehyun whined more.

“Well that aint my problem and you’re always hungry” Yongguk replied still keeping his eyes on the two rings. “Plus didn’t you say you wanted to lose some weight?” Yongguk finally took his eyes off the rings to look at Daehyun oddly. The younger was somewhat startled at the question.

“W-well yeah but…” Yongguk adverted his eyes back to the rings.

“Then it up. If you keep eating you wont lose that pudgy belly of yours” Daehyun gasped and wrapped his arms around his stomach dramatically.

“How dare you” Daehyun whined. “Ugh just hurry up, I’m sure Himchan-hyung would be more excited at the fact that you asked him to marry you rather than the ring,” Yongguk laughed at Daehyun’s comment.

“Oh Daehyun you’re hilarious, this is Himchan we’re talking about” Yongguk replied with sarcasm. “Okay you know you what, I’m going go with this ring” Yongguk pointed at the ring he first saw when the two entered the store. Daehyun’s ears perked up.

“Oh my god, are you serious?” He asked with wide eyes. Yongguk then sighs again and frowns.

“Actually…but this one is really nice too” Daehyun groaned loudly, slouching further on top of the counter.

“Oh c’mon!” The younger exclaimed. Yongguk his imaginary beard as he reverts back to giving the two choices intense looks.

“They’re both perfect but each one is missing one feature that the other option has” Yongguk stressed.

“You’re only saying this now? Why didn’t you say so earlier?” The Busan boy complained. “We could be or could’ve been looking for a ring that has the designs of these two rings meshed together an hour ago!”

“Stop complaining, you’ll will eventually be in this exact same spot once you decide to pop the question to Youngjae” Yongguk retorted.

“I most definitely will not because if I finally decide to do that, I would’ve arranged for a custom made one so it’s perfect straight away” Daehyun replied. Yongguk’s eyes widened with realisation.

“Custom. Made. Dammit! Why didn’t I think of that?” Yongguk said aloud. “Yah, why didn’t you tell me sooner”

“Oh it’s my fault no- oh you know what just pick one and let’s go” Daehyun rested his head on his hand with his elbow leaning on the counter.

“Well, I’m thinking of getting this one because it’s more towards what Himchan would wear”

Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Pretty sure regardless of whether the ring is pretty or not Himchan would have to wear the ring regardless once he accepts your offer…”

Yongguk sighed and turns towards the younger. “Are you just going to keep making smart comments until I decide on a ring?”

“I’m sorry was I being subtle on getting that message across?” Daehyun raised a brow towards his Hyung.

“Okay fine, this ring is more like something Himchan would like” Yongguk stressed firmly on the word ‘like’ and looked intently at Daehyun while the younger returned him a bored expression.

“Definitely, this is something Himchan would like, it’s really pretty, it would suit him, so buy that ring, can we go now?” Daehyun rushed with hints of annoyance. Yongguk nods.

“Alright, I’m going to go with this one” He decided. Daehyun rejoices happily.

“Oh my god finally!”

“But…” Yongguk added.

“Oh ing hell…” Daehyun rolled his eyes.

Yongguk takes the small black velvet box that contained the ring, nestled in between the cracks of the pillows inside. “One thing to make sure it’s perfect…” Yongguk turns towards Daehyun handing him the ring. “Daehyun-ah can you like…pretend to propose to me with this?” He asked a little nervously.

Daehyun looks at him incredulously. “You ting me right now?” Yongguk shifted uncomfortably.

“C’mon can you…just…” Daehyun groaned and rolled his head.

“Alright fine give me the ring,” Daehyun said looking unwilling. Yongguk made a small at the victory and stepped back from Daehyun waiting for the ‘fake’ proposal. Daehyun closes the box and then opens it again presenting it towards his Hyung with a bored face.

“Will you marry me?” Yongguk gasped a little and placed the back of his hand over his mouth.

“Oh my god that’s the one” He said shakily. Daehyun mentally face-palmed himself. Yongguk looked at the store clerk who had been waiting patiently all this time. “I’ll take this one” The older says giving his signature gummy smile.

“Excellent choice” The store clerk commented. After finally purchasing the ring after hours and most probably days towards Daehyun, they went out for lunch to put an end to his complaining. Yongguk sat there admiring the ring as Daehyun ate his meal violently. The younger paused his eating and looked at his Hyung, noticing the bright smile on his face.

“You’re excited aren’t you?” he asked knowingly. Yongguk snapped out of his gaze and sighed in content closing the box, placing it back inside his pocket.

“How can I not be, when he says yes it will be the best day of my life” Yongguk replied happily. Daehyun chuckled.

“You do realise that the best day of your life will be the wedding day, when he officially becomes yours” Daehyun said while putting another spoonful of rice in his mouth.

“I don’t think I could ever pick the best day of my life…I have too many good days,” Yongguk said with a gummy smile. “The day of our debut, the day I realised I fell in love with Himchan, the day we first kiss…the day we first made love” the older reminisces with a dreamy look.

“Woah slow down there tiger, eating here” Daehyun retorted. Yongguk smiled knowingly at him.

“So how are you and Youngjae?” the leader asked. Daehyun gives a small smile as he currently has food in his mouth.

“Perfect” he replies after swallowing. “Although definitely no where near you guys though, we’re still in the teenage dating stage” Daehyun added with a chuckle.

“I’m glad, you guys are way too young to think about this stuff so no funny business got it?” Daehyun nods casually as Yongguk’s ‘fatherly’ instincts come out. The eldest two of the band had naturally taken up on those roles, he still remembers when Yongguk and Himchan gave the rest of the group ‘the talk’ since it was their responsibility as they are their guardians.

“I get it, I get it. Don’t worry” Daehyun waves off. After a few more spoonfuls he sits back patting his stomach in content. “Phew that was a good meal, thanks for shouting Yongguk-hyung”

Yongguk chuckled, as he knows how much the younger loves to stuff his face with food. “No problem, it’s my thanks for putting up with me today” Daehyun returned the smile.

“That’s true”

“I’m sorry for taking so long but you know I want it to be perfect, it’s just…I’m really nervous” Yongguk confessed. Daehyun’s expression softened.

“Hyung it will be, stop worrying,” The Busan boy comforted. Yongguk sighed.

“I know but…there’s always just that tiny chance he’ll say no and that…I wont be prepared for” Yongguk feared that Himchan might not want to get married in the first place, and knowing himself, he knows that he wont take that rejection well. There was a time that Himchan and Yongguk had a fight so big that the kids were so scared to even look at either of them in the eye. Both he and Himchan cried so much during and after the fight that their manager had to cancel a few of their schedules in order for them to calm down.

“I know for a fact that Himchan-hyung loves you more than anything else in the world, why would he not take the chance of being yours legally?” Daehyun asked. Yongguk shifted uncomfortably. “Yongguk-hyung, relax. Everything is going to be fine” He gave the older a re-assuring smile, which Yongguk eventually returned.

“You know what, you’re right. Himchan and I have been together for years, there is no reason as to why he shouldn’t marry me” Yongguk said with a hint of smug but mostly with humour. Daehyun chuckled along.

“Exactly!”

Once they arrived back a their dorm, the aroma of freshly baked cupcakes with a hint of sugar filled the dorm. Yongguk heads straight towards the kitchen and sees Himchan with an apron spreading icing on a cupcake with intense concentration. The leader smiled and admired his soon-to-be-fiancée from afar taking in his beauty.

‘He will soon be my wife…oh Kim Himchan you are the love of my life’ Yongguk thought happily. He sneaked up quietly on his boyfriend and then swiftly wrapped his arms around the other’s waist, snuggling into the crook of his neck. Yongguk chuckled at the surprised squeak that left Himchan’s lips.

“Watcha makin’?” Yongguk said playfully. Himchan turned around with a pout on his face.

“Yah don’t scare me like that, you almost made me drop the cupcake” Himchan scolded as soon. He smacked Yongguk’s bicep playfully.

“Sorry I couldn’t resist” Yongguk placed a sweet kiss on Himchan’s lips making the other smile widely. “So how was your day? And what are these cupcakes for?” he asked curiously. Himchan placed the cupcake along with the others that were already spread with icing.

“I made these for my mom’s little get together this afternoon, I need to drop these off later” he replied. “Would you like to try one? I made extras just for the six of us” Himchan presented a red decorated cupcake to his boyfriend.

“Feed me” Yongguk said with a cheeky smile. Himchan frowned knowingly at him.

“Alright, you big baby” Himchan broke a piece off the cupcake and held it near Yongguk’s mouth. Instead of devouring the piece of cupcake, the leader happened to take Himchan’s fingers into his mouth too. He gave them a quick before pulling away munching on the piece of cupcake, in return Himchan pinched the elder.

“It tastes good” Yongguk commented. He kissed Himchan’s cheek.

“Of course, it’s ‘cause I made it” Himchan said playfully. They both chuckled and kissed again. What the couple didn’t notice was the kids watching them from afar with dreamt expressions. The two elders jumped and noticed them as soon as Zelo and Youngjae let out their ‘awws’.

“Hyunggie can I have one!” Zelo asked excitedly making his way over to admire the cupcakes. Himchan smiled at the boy’s excitement.

“Of course Junhong-ah, I made extras for all of us” The other three made their way over and started picking their favourite colours, munching away.

Later that afternoon, Himchan left with the Jongup and Zelo to his mother’s place in order to drop off the cupcakes. The elder definitely needed help since it was way to many cupcakes to handle on his own, leaving Youngjae, Daehyun and Yongguk to plan the proposal.

“Oh my god, show me the ring!” Youngjae demanded excitedly. Yongguk pulled out the box from his pocket and opened it up to reveal the ring. Youngjae stared at it intently. “Wow that’s a beautiful ring, Himchan is definitely going to love it” he commented.

“Alright let’s not get carried away, we need to figure out how you’re going to propose to him” Daehyun chimed in. Yongguk nodded and put the ring away.

“Yes that is a priority, it has to be at the right time and I definitely want it to be spontaneous and romantic” Yongguk explained.

“Well going with the special dinner thing would be really typical wouldn’t it?” Youngjae said. Daehyun nodded.

“Yeah do something a little more original,” Yongguk thought hard.

“But what though?”

“Hyung look don’t worry about it. Don’t try to plan it too much because it might not go the way you want it to and then you will freak out when something doesn’t go according to plan. You will know when the time is right” Youngjae advised.

“Hmm I guess that’s true. You right, I shouldn’t think and stress about it too much. When the moment is right I’ll know,” Yongguk said more towards himself. It was long until the sound of keys getting turned at the door echoed and the other three members arrived home.

“We’re back!” Himchan called out. The three went to the living room and sat down with the others. “So what did you guys do while we’re gone?” he asked.

“Nothing much we just talked” Daehyun replied. Himchan nodded.

“Oh okay well should I start making dinner? Or should we go out?” Yongguk wrapped an arm around Himchan’s waist.

“Baby let’s go out, you’ve been baking all day you shouldn’t cook. C’mon my treat,” The kids cheered and went to put on their shoes. Himchan chuckled at them and kissed Yongguk deeply. Yongguk deepened the kiss after recovering from his slight surprise.

“Let’s not stay out too long ‘cause we don’t want to be up too late tonight,” Himchan purred. Yongguk smirked.

“I like where this is going” He pulled the younger into another kiss and moved his hands towards Himchan’s perfect , giving it a small squeeze. Himchan let out a moan and wrapped his arms around Yongguk’s neck.

“Once you two are done face, can we please go eat now? I’m starving!” Daehyun roared from the front door. The two eldest broke apart from a smile on their face.

“I swear, nothing gets in between him and food,” Himchan murmured.

“Amen to that,” Yongguk added. “Alright let’s go have dinner”.

~~~

I hope you liked it! Please leave your thoughts in the comment section~

 

<3