Prom Night

'How to Get a Rock Star Boyfriend'

The limo pulled into a curve at the entrance of the New Seoul Hotel, one of the most enormous and elegant hotel in Seoul.

Hongki stepped out first and extended his hand. I gave him a quizzical look but take it anyway. He folded my arm around his as we entered the oh so beautiful building.

On our way to the dance hall we met Minhyuk and Misaki.

“OH NOONA!” Minhyuk ran up to us, shoving Hongki aside and giving me a bear hug. “Wow! You look beautiful noona!”

I giggled, “Thank you Minhyuk.”

“YA!” Hongki tossed Minhyuk out-of-the-way, shielding me with his body. “Hands off! My girl.”

“Tch! She was my girl even before she became your girl.”

“Mworago?!!”

Misaki and I rolled our eyes as we watch the airheads argue.

“Misaki-chan, so you’re his date tonight?” I asked pertaining to Minhyuk.

“ANIYO!” both of them blurted out blushing.

“I don’t have a date,” Minhyuk mumbled.

“My date’s waiting for me in the hall,” Misaki have her eyes fixed on the floor.

“Okayyyyy~,” Hongki and I shrugged at each other as the four of us continued to the venue.

FT Island played for the opening song while I stayed on our table watching every girl in the place drool over him. Honerstly it makes me proud at times but common, who wouldn’t feel frustrated if your boyfriend gets all these attention from girls? Ghad! I didn’t know having a good looking boyfriend can be this wearisome.  

I rolled my eyes in irritation as group of girls crowded before the stage and stretched their hands for Hongki like they were in a concert or something and—Goddammit! He took their hands and one wouldn’t let go!

Then I saw him smile and whispered something to the girl making her swoon. WTF?! Hongki, you flirt!!! I will kill you!

I was about to storm to the stage but stopped myself, No I must not loss my temper. He must be fanservicing or something.

 “Oh common now, if you want to smack that eyeliner man I won’t hold you back,” Minhyuk said in the midst of eating.

“Nevermind,” I sighed.

“I told you he’s a playboy.”

I gave him a tight smile, “Thank you. That’s very comforting.”

“What? I’m just saying,” Minhyuk casually shrugged and continued to pig out.

I grew more and more frustrated as Hongki continued to be on stage singing for every rounds of dancing. Ghad! If I knew his band is in-charged for the music, I shouldn’t have come! After all he was the reason I am here, to enjoy the ball with him, to dance with him *cough cough slow dance cough*…sheez~ who would attend a party as boring and as sophisticated as this if it’s not for someone you like?

Misaki and her date wouldn’t leave the dance floor and Minhyuk wouldn’t leave my side even if girls had already asked him for a dance.

“Ya, you don’t have to do this you know. It’s not like I’m gonna die if you leave me,” I said.

“Eh?” Minhyuk look at me side ways, “Tch! I can’t leave you knowing your boyfriend just ditched you.”

“Ya! He did not! He’s just—he’s just—busy.”

“Oh yeah he’s busy—fanservicing. Well if he’s not going to dance his date I might as well do it for him,” Minhyuk stood up and stretched his palm. That’s when I noticed the song changed from rockish party song to a slow one. “Shall we dance? I don’t wanna leave a beautiful lady sulking in the corner the whole party.”

I hesitated for a moment.

“Common, for your dongsaeng? Your best friend? Puh-lease noona?”

After seconds of thought, I finally gave up, smiled and took his hands.

Minhyuk led me to the dance floor. He set my arms around his neck as his hands wrapped around my waist.

“Ya, this is embarrassing. You’re too close,” I bit my lower lip as we moved slowly to the music.

“Embarrassing? Oh common noona, what could be more embarrassing than seeing you . This is nothing compare to that.”

“Ya! How dare you bring up the past! ” I gently hit his chest blushing. “We were kids by then. Sheez~”

Minhyuk laughed and pulled me closer to him.

“M—Minhyuk you’re creeping me out.”

“Shhh…act normal. Look, someone’s fuming in jealousy~,” Minhyuk sung side glancing someone on stage—someone like Hongki.

For sure, Hongki’s smile dropped as his eyes burn a hole on Minhyuk’s skull.

Minhyuk smirked at Hongki making the latter tighten his grip onto the mic.

“See, it’s working,” Minhyuk turned his attention to me. “Any minute now, he’ll come down that stage and focus on you and only you.”

I let out a small laugh, “So that’s what you’re planning huh?”

“I’m doing this for you since I love you this much,” Minhyuk winked. “Let’s see how he reacts if I do this,” he leaned over my shoulder as if whispering something flirtatious but he was actually talking gibberish.

“Ya, stop mocking him.”

“Hear that? He missed a note,” Minhyuk suppressed his laugh. “Aigoo~ this is funny. Vegence is sweet indeed.”

Fortunately—or unfortunate—nothing happened while Minhyuk and I were dancing.

“Ghad what a stone hearted playboy!” Minhyuk slumped in disappointment as soon as we reached our table.

“It’s okay Minhyuk, let’s not upset him anymore,” I tried to smile but somewhere inside me says I must show how discouraged I am.

“Stop covering up with your smile. I know you’re upset but I’m sure he badly wants to dance with you too. It’s written all over his face just now.”

“Thanks Minhyuk,” I smiled gratefully at him.

“Excuse me Ji Hye-ah?” an unknown cute boy, who I am guessing was in junior, stood in front of me rubbing his nape timidly.

Minhyuk and I exchanged puzzled glances.

“Yes?”

“Can I dance with you?”

“Excuse me? I think I didn’t hear you right.”

“May I dance with you?” he repeated a little louder this time.

“Oh~…”

“Well excuse me but I’m her date and I’m not letting you dance her,” Minhyuk counter attacked but another guy popped out, like a mushroom, on my side.

“Dance with me instead. Drop your boring date,” a cocky guy from another senior class said with a smirk at Minhyuk.

Before Minhyuk could say a thing, my poor dongsaeng was shoved aside by an overwhelming number of boys who are asking me for a dance.

I was about to unleash my death glares, after all I still got the tag line ‘the bad girl’ despite the fact that I look like a cutesy missy with my appearance right now, when a growl was heard like Godzilla just got free form it’s cage, “HANDS OFF MY GIRL!!!”

Hongki started to shove the crowd out of his way. Everyone froze as he seized my hand, “You heard that right! She’s my girl so off!”

 The whole room was silent watching us as he led me out of the hall by the hand.

~~

When we were finally in the garden of the hotel Hongki started to throw his temper, “Shizus! Those guys are dogs! How could they fight over for a dance with someone who’s already taken?! Ghad, they don’t have the slightest idea how I’ve been trying to get off that stage to dance with you! Aish! I should’ve not agreed on that in the first place! I wanted to be with you the whole night but that stupid Jaejin won’t take the mic since he doesn’t have much confidence with his vocals… And damn that Minhyuk guy, how could he take your first dance! I was hoping I’d be your first and last! Arggghhh! How dare that guy? How dare he flirt with you, how dare—”

“Oh don’t get mad of him now, I made him help me to get your attention,” I put on a straight face, folded my arms and begun to walk away.“We better get inside if you don’t have anything more to say.”

 He ran after me, wrapped his arms around my waist from behind and rested his chin on my right shoulder. He pouted so cutely, I’m gonna die. “Well if that’s what you’re planning you succeeded. But don’t do that again, you know how jealous I could become if guys surround you like that.”

“Those guys aren’t planned, just Minhyuk.”

He spun me around to face him as gasped. “I knew it! Those dogs! Imma kill them for sure. Damn! Why do you have to be so beautiful?”

I laughed and flicked his forehead.

“Ouch! What was that for?!” he rubbed his forehead in confusion.

“Ya just so you know, you have more fans than I do so I should be the one worrying here. The entire girls’ population, excluding those fans at the place you often play in, are feasting their eyes all over you, give you love letters, stalk you, drool over you and all those crazy fangirl stuff they do.”

“But hey, you have three advantages over them.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“First, you’re Almighty Hongki’s girlfriend,” he held his head up high like he was some god or something.

“Aigoo~ you must be proud.”

“Second, I love you more than anything. Don’t you ever forget that,” he held both of my burning cheeks against his soft palms.

“And third, you’re the only one who can get this,” he leaned over to kiss me deeply.

He was grinning as he pulled back a few minutes later. I hit his chest gently, “Playboy.”

He chuckled and let go of my face, “I’m not! You’re my first girl and you know that!”

“Araso,” I smiled lovingly at him.

He smiled back with the same passion, knelt down on one knee and offered a hand, “Now, can I dance with you, my gorgeous girlfriend?”

I rolled my eyes but got his hand anyway. He stood up and resumed his hands around my waist as I placed mine around his neck, “But we don’t have music?”

“Dang! Have you forgotten your boyfriend’s an amazing singer?” he smirked and started singing.

Cause it’s you and me and all of the people with nothing to do nothing to lose…

I began to sway as I take in his beautiful voice. Indeed he has the most charming voice I’ve ever heard.

But as soon as I did, Hongki stopped. “What?” I asked.

“This is embarrassing but—I don’t know how to dance.”

“It’s okay, neither do I.”

Both of us laughed.

He continued to sing as the both of us slowly move to the melody.

And it’s you and me and all of the people and I don’t know why I can’t keep my eyes off of you…

“Liar,” he whispered in my ear. “You can dance.”

I can’t help but to giggle at how stiff his body was.

“Hongki-ah?”

“Hmmm?”

“You’re stepping on me.”

“Omona! S—sorry babe!”

 

 

 

Note: The purple italized sentences are the lyrics of the song Hongki was singing. it's Lifehouse's You and Me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzJikUFVxes

A/N: Wohoho! yes i finally updated.. i was busy watching dramas.. LOL.. and busy fan girling over FT Island's comeback. Fellow Primadonnas, we should make them win next week ^^ fighting! kekeke