☆ chapitre un

Counting the Seconds (60초)

The streets of Seoul were empty, an unusual predicament on a late Saturday night. Normally, the traffic would have been unbearably slow, but that night was different. The normally bustling Tehranno was empty, with only one exception; a lone black BMW drove at the appropriate speed, safely under the limit. Xi Luhan sat at the driver's seat, both hands securely gripping the steering wheel. "I'll be home soon," Luhan reassured his long-term girlfriend through the car's speakers. 

"Alright," Yoona replied. Luhan could already see her pout and chuckled softly. His girl was so impatient. "Drive safe, Han."

"I always do, Yoong." His nickname instantly lightened up her mood significantly. She laughed, the sound so familiar to Luhan, but still so amazingly special and rewarding. If he was able to make her laugh at least once in a day, he'd feel incredibly accomplished. "I love you."

Yoona giggled again before replying. "I love you, too. Bye," she cooed before hanging up. The soft click was quickly followed by Luhan's music fading in gradually. The car came to a pause at an intersection. He tapped his fingers on the wheel impatiently and looked both ways swiftly. Before he pushed down the gas pedal with his foot, though, his phone began ringing again. Yoong~

As he reached over to press the green button, the car lurched forward. "Aish," he muttered to himself.  "Damned feet have a mind of their own..."

He failed to see the headlights coming at him.

Yoona paced around their living room worriedly. She could admit to herself that she was constantly paranoid, yes, but something was way off. If it were like any other day, Luhan would have been home an hour before. He would have answered her every call, just to reassure her every time that he was on his way and he'd be holding her soon. 

The doorbell rang. Instead of rushing over to open the door and checking to see if it was Luhan, she took her time. Her stomach twisted itself into knots. It's him; he was just stuck in traffic, she tried to convince herself. She knew it wasn't - why on earth would he ring the doorbell and not just use his key?

Her hand gripped the doorknob tightly, her palms sweaty from nervousness. Twisting the doorknob and quickly pulling the door open, she felt at unease, still. "Hey, Minseok," she came face-to-face with Luhan's best friend and their next-door neighbor. He gave her a bright smile. It took all of her strength and then some to force a smile back.

"Hi, Yoona!" Minseok's bright aura did nothing to calm her down. "Is Luhan home yet?" he asked. She stopped herself from giving him a sarcastic remark and sighs, shaking her head as she grimaces.

"Actually, he's not h-" 

The phone rang. 

The words coming from the other line continued to echo in her ears, even as she and Minseok quickly hailed a cab and instructed the driver to bring them to Seoul National University Hospital. She felt sick to her stomach, stressed, and most of all, terrified. 

Xi Luhan... car accident... understand you have a relationship... latest on his call log... severe internal injuries... Seoul National... right away...

The bright lights moving outside the car window began to blur together and her head started spinning. Yoona closes her eyes for a moment before turning to the man at her left.

"I don't feel too good," she admitted to Minseok in a quivering voice. He laid a hand over hers, squeezing slightly in an attempt to reassure her. He knew it wasn't enough but he had to do something. He was one of the few people who knew about Yoona's condition, and if he hadn't done it, Luhan would've berated him had he been there. 

"I'm sure he'll be alright. Luhan's a strong guy." 

But I'm not strong, Yoona thought bitterly. Luhan's my anchor, he keeps me leveled. If something were to happen, I'd die


Word count: 660~

Well, decided to separate this into two parts, lol. I'm sorry it took so long and it's this short. Looked longer on my iPod's notes ;______; Idk man I mean I lost all my writing feels then I realized oh god I miss LuYoon so I decided to just post this up. Probably disappointed you guys. Anyway, did you see, did you see, did you see? If you noticed, then hats off to you, lol. If not, that's fine too because it's not too much of a big deal right now.