Maybe..

Lucid Tears

I wonder why. Why has the distance been growing. As I continue to walk I realized the space between us. It's empty. The distance becomes further with each step until I feel like I can't catch up. It's too far.


"Hey wait up!" Kris called out to Lay, even though he knew that Lay was just going to ignore him. As usual.

Kris watched Lay walked further away. Just like their situation, the length between Lay and Kris has reflected it. The distance.


I feel like there's no use. Yet why do I keep trying? Just what exactly do I want?


"Yixing! I know why you've been so awkward with me these days!" Kris waved his arm back and forth continuously to get Lay's attention as he walked towards the bench where he was sitting. 

"What?" Lay nonchalantly asked without looking up to make eye contact with Kris..

"I know who your crush is!" Automatically Lay's face became a bright shade of red.

"W-w-what? But I said I didn't like anyone." Lay stuttered and finally looked up.

"I know you were lying aha! You like my girlfriend right? That explains why you've been so awkward ever since I introduced you guys. It's okay if she was your crush! It's not like I'm going to hate you!" Kris laughed. Laughing as if nothing mattered in this world, even though something secretly did.

"Clueless idiot!" Lay shouted and smacked Kris' arm as hard as he could. It relieved him. The loud noise that came from Kris' arm, the painful , and how his own anger was lifted.

"What the hell! Why did you hit me? I said it was okay to like her!"

"Clueless idiot!" Lay yelled even louder and his second smack to Kris was even more painful. His tied up emotions, his stress, and the frustration. It felt like it became lighter.

"Are you that angry that I'm dating her?" Kris questioned as he rubbed his sore arm.

"Clueless idiot!" Again, the smack and yell went up another level. Lay realized the more he pained Kris, the more his own pain began to dissolve.

"Why are you hitting me?" 

"Clueless idiot!" Lay raised his arm, but Kris had grabbed Lay's arm in time to stop him.

"Can't you just explain? No violence please!"

"Let go," Lay muttered and developed a red tinge on his face again.

"No! Not until you explain! I don't care whatever the reason is. The reason why you're behaving like this. I just want an explanation. That's all I'm asking!" Kris stared seriously at Lay as he gradually let his grip go. 

"Even if the reason is that I'm in love with you?"

"What?" Kris' bushy brow frowned. Not out of disgust but because he was confused.

"Nothing. I was just joking.." Lay brushed it off. He brushed his feelings off. 

"Oh ahaha. I thought you were being serious for a second." Kris chortled. The one that Lay liked. The one that he really liked.

"Oh no I'm not. Of course not.." Lay lied, to cover up his ashamed feelings.

"Ahaha. Good! You got me worried for a second!" Kris laughed hysterically.

Lay watched.. Something in his eyes were waiting for the doors to be unlocked so that it can freely fall out. The tears.

Kris saw.. He saw the tears and as if by cue, he stopped laughing. "Are you alright?" 

"Yeah. I just yawned." Another lie was told. Lay couldn't stop protecting himself.

"Here." Kris held his handkerchief out for Lay. 

"Clueless idiot," Lay mumbled softly as he took the handkerchief. 


Like an autumn's tree, one by one the leaves are stripped away revealing bare wood. One by one the tears leave revealing glassy placid eyes.


"You know if something is bothering you, then it's alright to tell me." Kris took a seat down next to Lay. How close they were. Somehow the gap was filled. There was no more distance. Though, it was just temporary. 

"Some things are better left unsaid," Lay murmured.

"No, just be honest and tell me already." Kris' words started to pollute Lay's mind.

He finally realized what he had done wrong.

"I didn't know that keeping secrets would bother you so much.. I had no clue. I guess I was too caught up with myself," Lay confessed.

"Well it did bother me. I thought we were friends." Kris slightly bumped Lay's shoulder to emphasize their friendship.

"No matter what I tell you.. You won't be upset right?" Lay stole a glance at Kris from the corners of his eyes. Kris looked back at Lay. 

"Yeah no matter what." Kris flashed a wide smile.

"Okay well.." Lay began.

"Yeah." Kris cut in.

"I-I.."

"Yeah?" Kris was beginning to become impatient and eager to hear Lay's secret.

"Well.."

"Just tell me already!" 

"The truth is, I don't want to tell you anything!" Lay screamed as he shut his eyes tight.

"What the hell.. I was expecting something!" Kris grabbed Lay's shoulders and violently shook him.

"I-I.." Lay was now beet red from Kris' attention and how he was touching his shoulders.

"What?" Kris snapped.

"I-I want to keep my secret a secret." 

"Why?"

"Because it's probably not going to be a secret anymore," Lay said.. The truth was he wanted his secret to not be one anymore, yet the feeling couldn't disappear. One thing is for sure, his feelings weren't infatuation.

Atrocious.

Love is horrifyingly cruel.


How much more do I have to keep waiting? Just how much more? Yixing, just what in the world have you done to me? Why do you keep making me feel anxious? Just what is happening to you? What's on your mind?

How much more... How much more do I have to keep being patient?


Yup those italized thoughts were Kris'. first chapter was obviously lay's.

Yixing is Lay.

Okay well thanks for reading

or even attempting to read it//omgcan't find the periodsn//,. found it <--- becoming illiterate.