Salty liquid

Lucid Tears

It was clear. His tears were clear, but they were also fragile. The surface tension never lasts long. The tears will always lose its form and the transparent crystals would fall, breaking away from those intriguing deep eyes. Those tenuous lucid tears.

I want to collect those tears. They're quite beautiful.


Lay watched as Kris sobbed. He looked like a pitiful child who had lost its favorite toy. Lay snickered quietly enough for Kris not to hear and he also mumbled clueless idiot under his warm breath. Secretly Lay wanted to let Kris feel his warmth. Kris was too cold. Not only his temperature but his personality as well.

"I can't believe a girl made you cry. I thought you were made of steel." Lay joked hoping Kris would change his sullen expression that brought a piercing stab into Lay's heart.

"Go away. I want to be alone right now," Kris muttered through his sniffing. 

I don't want to leave you. I don't ever want to leave you. Is it so wrong for me to want to be able to stay by your side.

"Ah I see. Okay well see you later!" Lay managed to chuckle with a smile. A fake one. 


I wonder. When did this feeling, this strange feeling got planted? Slowly it started to grow, until it reached the point where cutting it would do nothing, because the roots were already in a stable place.  Even if it were to be pulled out, I'm afraid that the pollen would spread and that the feeling will start again. So I did nothing and allowed that feeling to bloom, and it did. It bloomed into a flower that wanted care, water which were tears, and sunlight which were the bright happiness you brought me.

That feeling was infatuation turned to love.


"Are you feeling better now?" Lay asked as he observed Kris.

"Yeah. I realized how much of a she was." Kris laughed. He laughed it off like he did everytime he experienced a heartbreak.

"Good. You don't need her."

"Ahaha yeah. I know right! So tell me! Who do you like?" Kris who seemed to be completely healed asked.

You.

"N-no one," Lay stuttered as he turned slightly red and uneasy.

"I'm going to find out one day! You're so secretive, so I have no choice but to find out myself!" 

Revealing your feelings or keeping it hidden to protect a friendship. I rather have him not know instead of taking a chance to lose him. Being by his side is enough for me, so I'm not going to risk anything.

"Good luck with that." Lay gave Kris a thumbs up and quickly left before Kris could start questioning him.

"Hey wait!" Kris called out even though he knew Lay was going to ignore him.


Just like a bloomed flower's petals, I will slowly let this feeling fall apart. Fall one by one and little by little until there are no more tears to be consumed by this dying flower. This feeling will become shriveled and it will wilt. Soon the brightness from you will no longer feed my love, because I now have fallen petals.


"Hey guess what!" Kris beamed which distracted Lay from the novel he was currently reading.

"What?" Lay asked as he peeled his eyes from the book to look up at a handsome face that was in front of him. That handsome face had a smile on.

"I met this girl!" Instantly, Lay's face dropped as soon as Kris told the news. 

It hurts. I don't know why. I always thought the only pain in this world was physical. I never knew this kind of pain could hurt as much as physical pain. Unless someone had punctured my heart.

"T-that's nice."

"She's so pretty! She's also nice, smart and smells really good! I met her at that music store, you know the one we always go to. You see, I saw her smiling and oh my goodness. That smile blew me away. It was so gorgeous. I don't know how to explain this feeling! Oh but wait!  If you want, she has a single friend who's looking for a boyfriend." Kris went on and the last sentence had killed Lay.

"I-I have to go somewhere." Lay pulled himself away hastily and forced himself to not shed a single tear. He had wondered when he had become so sensitive and jealous. His behavior was becoming so feminine.

"Hey! Where are you going?" Kris shouted even though he knew Lay was going to ignore him. All he saw was Lay's slouched back in despair. Kris also noticed that every time he blinked, Lay had become smaller and smaller until he couldn't see him no more. The distance between them became far.


Those words. That tone. The happiness. Stop. If it's not directed towards me, then don't bother because I don't care.


"Why do you keep running away?" Kris asked loudly as he made a tight grip on Lay's arm.

"What? I'm not!" Lay lied.

"Come on! Aren't we close enough to have heart to heart chats with each other!" 

"I have nothing to say."

"Are you serious? I know that look on your face when something is bothering you." Kris' eyes formed a glare and his bushy brows furrowed..

"Even if there is something bothering me... I really don't plan on telling you." Lay finally admitted.

"Why?"

"It's not important anyway."


This flower.. A secret one. It cannot wilt. I finally realize it.


"This is my girlfriend." Kris introduced Lay to a pretty girl that was besides him. She smiled at Lay, but he didn't return one back.

"That's nice. You two look good together." Lay lied and then faked a grin at both of them.

"I know right?" Kris chortled. The one that Lay liked.

"Clueless idiot," Lay muttered under his breath. 

"What? I didn't hear you." Kris raised an eyebrow. 

"Nothing." Only Lay knew about his secret nickname. The one that only belonged to Kris.


The salty liquid ran through my face. It slid off quickly as if it disliked my eyes and wanted to hurry and leave them. These fragile crystals, I hate them. My lucid tears.


 

lol I feel like an idiot. I didn't know Kris and Lay's shipping name(?) was called kray.  I found out recently that it was kray lol. All this time I seriously thought it was krispylays....

Does anyone want like a continuation or should I just end it here?