Realization

Forget how to Smile

 

 

“Is everything okay?” Changmin asked Kyuhyun after the phone call.

“Perfect.  I just need to find a girlfriend,” Kyuhyun sighed.

“If only I weren’t your sister, I would be willing to be your girlfriend,” Seohyun chimed in.

“She’s not helping,” Kyuhyun mumbled soft enough not to be heard by Seohyun, he put his forehead on the cold dining table.

Changmin patted his back, “then come with us to the party.  There will be a lot of girls you know,” he smirked.

“….”

***

 

“Why is it so hard to drag you to the party?” Seohyun grumbled.

“It’s not like you enjoy it either, I know you prefer your books very much than the party,” Kyuhyun said from the front passenger seat.

“But people also need to socialize,” she remarked.

“Okay,” Kyuhyun said to stop his sister from talking.

“I think Taeyeon Unnie will be there too,” she said carefully.  The two boys froze  at her words.

“Good then, I can see her again,” Kyuhyun said in fake happiness.

They entered the room, the usual party atmosphere greeted them.  Kyuhyun took a deep breath.

“Relax, Oppa.  It’s not a war field, it’s a party,” Seohyun whispered to him.  Changmin grinned.

“I’ll leave you two, I’m going to meet my friend,” Seohyun stated, Kyuhyun shooed her.

“Finally, peaceful time,” Kyuhyun said after Seohyun left.

Changmin giggled, “I’m going to, enjoy the party,” he encouraged Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun just nodded lightly.  After Changmin left he wandered around, his eyes spotted a familiar figure, Kim Taeyeon.

He wanted to greet her, talk to her, and erase the misunderstanding, but Taeyeon always surrounded by her friends.  Their eyes finally met, or at least Kyuhyun thought so but Taeyeon didn’t show any sign that she saw him.  He kept following her figure for a while until he thought that Taeyeon actually did see him earlier and tried to avoid him by kept following at least one of her friend.

Kyuhyun decided to approach her and asked her to talk, he was sure there’s no way she would refuse in front of her friends.  He was walking toward her when suddenly he saw someone tapped her shoulder and led her to follow him with a smile.  He recognized the man, Park Joongsu a.k.a. Leeteuk.

Leeteuk saw Kyuhyun and waved to him, “Kyuhyun-ah, nice to see you here!” he greeted him.

Kyuhyun tried to smile not too awkwardly, he also saw Taeyeon took a glance at him awkwardly.

“Hi, hyung,” finally he replied.

“It’s rare to see you at the party,” Leeteuk raised his eyebrow and smiled.

Kyuhyun just smiled awkwardly, “you won’t introduce us?” he referred to Taeyeon and himself.

“Oh yes Kyu, this is Kim Taeyeon.  She’s my fiancée,” Leeteuk smiled sheepishly.

“Nothing like that, Oppa!” Taeyeon finally talked.

“It would have been turned like that if you accept my proposal,” Leeteuk still had that sheepishly smile on his face.

“I haven’t answered it yet,” Taeyeon said almost inaudible.

Kyuhyun was frozen, fortunately Changmin came.

“Hello hyung,” Changmin greeted Leeteuk.  He absolutely heard their conversation because he said, “congratulation hyung.”

“Changmin-an, long time no see!  I heard you’re married, congratulation to YOU!” Leeteuk chuckled.

“Just rumor,” Changmin shrugged.  “Btw hyung, I don’t think you two are a good couple.  She’s a lady among ladies, but you’re a player,” he added, smirking.

“Don’t say it in front of her, will you?” Leeteuk cuffed him, laughing.

“Ah haven’t introduced you yet,” Leeteuk realized.  “Taeyeon, they are my close dongsaeng back in high school. Cho Kyuhyun, Shim Changmin,” he smiled.

“We have met before, right Ms. Kim?” Changmin smiled to Taeyeon, the later just kept her pokerface.  “Although our meeting didn’t give a good impression,” he said.

“Nice to meet you, Taeyeon ssi,” Kyuhyun tried to get rid the awkwardness.

“Why did you act like this, Changmin-ah?” Leeteuk forced a laugh out, he could sense the awkwardness Changmin made.

“Nothing, just think she's too good to be with you,” Changmin replied nonchalantly but in joking way.

Leeteuk cuffed him once again, “anyway, I’m going to introduce her to our members, wanna meet them?” he referred to their old band in high school.

“Later, hyung.  Send them my best,” Changmin smiled.

Leeteuk nodded then smiled to Taeyeon asking her to follow him.

After they left, Changmin gave Kyuhyun a worried look.

“I’m okay,” Kyuhyun simply said.

Hyungs!”  they heard a voice called them.  A slightly younger boy approached them.

“Hello, Minho,” they greeted him, replied his bright smile with almost the same bright smile.

“Kyu hyung, it’s rare to see you at the party,” Minho remarked.

“They dragged me,” Kyuhyun shrugged, referring to Changmin and Seohyun.

“Good job, hyung!” Minho gave Changmin a high-five.

“I heard you’re married, so you and Seohyun are officially a couple now,” Minho teased Changmin.

“No, definitely not,” Seohyun who was suddenly by their side replied.

“In his dream,” Kyuhyun retorted.

“No, I’m not married.  It’s just rumor,” Changmin said it for the second time.

“I see, you won’t possibly marry without telling me right?” Minho chuckled.  “I thought the player was finally tied.  Anyway hyungs, I have someone to introduce to you,” he smiled.

“Your new girl?” Changmin asked uninterestedly.

“New boy,” he said mysteriously.

“You’re crazy,” Kyuhyun said in unison with Seohyun, shaking their head.

Minho laughed, “It’s not like what you are thinking.”

“Are you a physic now?  How can you know what I’m thinking about,” Kyuhyun smirked.  Minho rolled his eyes.

 “Like I said before, I want to introduce someone to you,” Minho said, laughing.

“Who is it?”

“Someone who might be a good candidate for Kyu-line,” Minho smirked.

“Who is it?” the question was repeated.

“A new boy came from England, just finished his study.  While you nowhere to be found Jonghyun and I hung around with him, he has a good tolerance of alcohol,” Minho’s eyes spark like a little kid who found a treasure.  “Later when you meet let’s do the formal introduction.”

“Then let’s meet after party in usual place.  Call all Kyu-line members,” Changmin suggested.

“Okay then, usual place right after party,” Minho went to the crowd.

“Should we put another member?” Kyuhyun asked his bestfriend.

“Only if you find him acceptable, it’s Kyu-line afterall.”

Seohyun shook his head hearing their conversation, “so your-line’s member should have a good tolerance of alcohol?”

Both boys smiled sheepishly.  “Let’s go home if you’re done,” Kyuhyun said.

“Okay.”

After they sent Seohyun home, they were heading to their usual club.  Changmin was driving silently when Kyuhyun finally spoke, “Why I always end up loving someone I can’t have.”

"........."



Sorry for the late update..

I have something super duper really important to do (and it's not finished yet *sigh) :(

but thanks for all your support!! :D