Chapter 6

My Happiness Is You

 

“You’re back.” Uncle Lee greeted his son, Minhyuk when he saw him walking to the living room.

“Mmm..” He sit on the couch next to him.

“Where have you been? You’ve been missing since early in the morning until now" He asked wondering where he go since the morning.

“Just taking some fresh air outside and then I hang out with Aryoung.” He explained.

Uncle Lee move forward when he mentioned your name. “Aryoung? You go out with Aryoung?”

“Yes. I go to her campus and fetch her.” He added and somehow Uncle Lee lips slightly tugged a smile.

“I bet it’s a good hang out then..” He smiled at Minhyuk, a smile which hidden a secret meaning. “Well, we have to discuss about your marriage with Hyomin..” At all sudden he changed the topic.

Hearing Hyomin’s name, his face suddenly turn bitter. “Can we discuss this later, because I’m a bit tired..” He cut Uncle Lee.

“But this is important!!” He urges him.

Minhyuk quickly stand up and slowly walked to his room. “Later…”

“But I want to tell you that….” Minhyuk just continued walking without turning back at him.

“Later…” Minhyuk repeated himself.

“There’s a change in the plan. You won’t marry Hyomin….but Aryoung…” Uncle Lee voice become slower and he just stared at his back. “Great! That kid, he won’t listen to me anymore..” He breathed out a sigh.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

You’re in your bed laying down on your stomach and staring at your laptop. You sign in into your email account and scroll down the list on the email in your inbox. You smile yourself when you read the sender’s name.

~Flasback 10 years ago~

“Who send me this?” Hyomin confused looking at the computer’s screen. “Minhyuk_2911?”

When you hear she said Minhyuk you quickly stand up and looked at the screen. Minhyuk send her email by using Minhyuk_2911 as his ID.

“Minhyuk Oppa?” You told her.

“How did he know my email?” Hyomin mumbled.

“Didn’t you give him your email before he leaves for Australia?” You reminded her. He asked for your email but since you didn’t have one at that time you told him to asked Hyomin’s email.

“Ahh.. I forgot about that. Hmm he really email me huh?” She is flashing a smile on her face but that before she walked out from the room.

“You didn’t want to reply him?” You asked her when you see she is ignoring the email.

“Nah..  I want to go out and play with my friends.” She said as she jumped happily to the outside.

You in the other hand sit on the chair and stared at the screen. Should I reply this in behalf of Unnie? Then quietly you press the keyboard and replied him. Before you send him the email you put your signature, a rose at the end of the email. So you will know whether you or Hyomin replied to him. But luckily, Hyomin didn’t bother about the email since it is her second email account and she rarely opened it. When you had made new email account by using Hyomin’s name you send it to him and both of you keep in touch with each other since then.

~End of flashback~

“Of course you won’t read my name in your inbox because I use Unnie name..pabo!!” You chuckled. You turned back and looked at the ceiling. That’s when your tummy started to growl crazily and you put your hand at your tummy. “Looks like someone is hungry!!” you quickly rolled off your bed and make your way to the kitchen.

“Mmm.. what we have in here?” You said as you scanned the whole fridge. “Ah, chicken nugget! Sound good to me!” You quickly took it out and put it on the counter.  You didn’t want to bother Chae Mi Umma especially at this time so you decided to eat what you can find in the fridge.

You put the pan on the stove and switch on the fire. Suddenly you hear a footsteps coming to your way.

“Ah, Unnie.. You still awake?” You greeted her but she just standing there looking at you.

She moves closer to you. “What are you doing?”

“I feel hungry and I found this nugget inside the fridge so I want to fry it. Wanna join?” You invited her.

She is circling you while her finger draw a line on the counter.. “Mmm…” She looked at the pan on the stove. “Where are you this evening?” She asked.

You turned to her. “This evening? I’m with Minhyuk Oppa. Waeyo?”

“What are you doing with him?” She moves closer to the pan and take a look inside of it. You didn’t put the oil yet so it’s nothing in there.

“Nothing. Just chatting with him that’s all.” You explained.

“Are you sure you only chatting with him?” She stopped in front of you and glared.

Something wasn’t right here! “Wae..waeyo Unnie?” You stuttered as you look at her eyes. There’s some evil glint in it.

“I saw you and him, teasing and hugging each other!!” She half screamed at you and turned you around.

“Unnie.. I can explain that…” You said to her. You can see the hatred glint in her eyes. As she move a step forward you took a step backward. Your Unnie is angry with you and you can see it clearly through her face.

“Explain? What is there need to be explain?” She hissed.

“Unnie..” Now you feel really scared. It is the first time you see Hyomin like this.

“Stay away from Minhyuk Oppa!” She warned.

“Waeyo? He is my friend too..”

“Because I don’t like it!” she leaned closer and said it directly into your ears making you flinched. “Minhyuk Oppa is mine! I don’t want you to mess up with him!”

You looked at your sister. “But I thought you already have L Oppa?”

“Even I had L Oppa, it doesn’t mean you can flirt with Minhyuk Oppa. You’re going to get married! You don’t deserve to date anyone especially him!!” She yelled at you.

“But unnie…”

“Stay away from him!!”She stamped her hand on the counter. Her stared look like she will burn hole to your eyes. “Or else…”

You gulped at her threat. “Or..or else what?” Your voice stuck at your throat.

She glared at you. “Or else…” She quickly grabbed your right hand and tried to press it in the hot pan.

You quickly pulled your hand from her grip but she holds your hand too tight and tries to press it on the pan again.

“Unnie… let me go!!” You shouted at her while struggling to escape. The pull and push scene continued for a moment. Hyomin too determined to hurt you, seem like something had got into her.

“Unnie! Jaebal!!” You eyes start to well up. She slap you on your face and push your hand hard into the pan.“ArgHHHH!!” You squealed when she managed to press your palm inside the hot pan. You quickly pull your hand with all your strength, making you fall on the floor and at the same time, the pan also fall on the floor and making a loud sound when it’s crashed on the floor. You sat on the floor while holding your injured hand and your tears started to fall down on the cheek. You just couldn’t believe Hyomin really has the courage to hurt you like this.

Now she stand in front of you, lowering her head to your level. Then she roughly grabbed your chin and her long nail dipping in your skin. “Now, I think you got what I mean right!” Her eyes piercing in your tearing eyes.

“What happened in here!!” Chae Mi Umma suddenly shouted. She must be shocked by the sound of the pan falling on the floor. Hyomin turned to her. “Omo! Aryoung-ah. What are you doing down there!” She quickly ran to you.

“Umma..” You looked at her and when she reached you, she pulled you into a hug. You sobbed hard and your body still trembling shocked from what had happened.

“Hyomin-ah, what have you done to your sister!” She asked her demanded an answer. She take a look at your burn palm and when she touched it, you flinched back. It’s so painful.

Hyomin rolled her eyes. “It’s just her act! I don’t think it is that painful!”

“An act? Can’t you see her burning palm?”

“Whatever!” She started to walk out from the kitchen. “One more thing, just remember what I’ve told you!” She reminded you about the threat and then continued to walk.

“That stubborn girl! Aryoung-ah, we have to treat this injury. Let’s go to Umma’s room!” Chae Mi Umma helped you to stand up and walked you to her room. “Sit here. I’m going to find first aid kit box.” You sat on her bed hugging your knees at your chest and you can’t stop sobbing.

Not long after that, she came with the box. “Let me see your palm.” She instructed and slowly you held out your hand to her. “Luckily you didn’t burn all your palm.” Slowly she put the medicine to the injury and each time she make a contact with the palm you flinched in pain.

“Ah!!” You bit your lip.

Chae Mi Umma looked at you. “Mainhe.. Should we go to the hospital?” She wipe your wet cheeks.

You shook your head. “No. I don’t want to.”

“But this looked bad..” She voiced out her worried. Her hand still busy put the medicine on your palm and when she’s done, she wrapped the bandage around your hand.

“I’m okay. Don’t worry umma.” You reassured.

She slowly put your hand down on her lap. “Can you tell me what happened?”

“I’ve done something which made her mad at me.” You said not looking at her.

“Even she is mad at you but she shouldn’t do this to you!” She retorted.

You looked at her. “Umma, promised me you won’t tell this to daddy.” You begged her but she keep on silent, no answer from her. “Jaebal?”

“Arasso!” She patted your hand making you smile at her promise.

“Gomawo umma.” You moved forward and hugged her.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Your dad did ask about your hand but you lied to him by saying that it’s your fault. You carelessly dropped the hot soup and struck your hand. You still attend your class even with your uncomfortable condition. Your right hand was hurt so you can’t write properly. Luckily, your classmate Ray helped you with the note and you just listen to the lectured.  You walked with him when the class is over.

“How’s your hand?” Ray asked you.

You lift up your hand. “It’s getting better.” You answered him.

“Good to hear that.” He smiled at you.

You nodded. “Yes.”

“So, should we do the assignment today?”

You think for a while. “I don’t think so. I’m a bit tired today.. hehehe” You stretch your arm in the air.

“Aishh!! Stop being lazy will you!” He patted you head.

You scrunched your face at him. “Arasso! Arasso! I’ll text you later okay?”

“Okay.” Then both of you walked to a different way. As you begin to walk you notice Minhyuk in his car, maybe waiting for you. This is bad!!

You turned to Ray and called him. “Oppa!!”

Minhyuk kind of see you looking at him and furrowed his eyebrows. “She didn’t see me or she pretend that she didn’t see me?” Minhyuk mumbled as he saw you run to Ray.

Ray turned to you and waited you to come closer to him. “Waeyo?”

“I change my mind. We should do it today!” You told him.

“It’s not even past 5 minute and you already change your mind. “ He looked at you.

You grinned. “We should finish it earlier so I can do a lot of things later.”

“Arasso! Ka ja!”

“Ka ja!” You walked beside him to his car. Mianhe Oppa.. I just don’t want thing to get worst..

“Where is she going with that guy? Isn’t it the same guy from before?” Minhyuk still keep eyes on you and surprisely he followed you and Ray to the nearest café.

Both of you sit near the window. After order the drinks both of you start to discuss about the assignment. Both of brainstorming the idea while Ray job it down on the paper. You’ve been busy with the assignment for one hour.

“Aryoung.” He called you.

“Mmmm..” You answered him while your eyes still looking at your book.

He leaned forward and whispered. “There is a guy who has been watching us like an hour at the back there. Do you know him?”

Of course you know exactly who he talked about. “No. I don’t think so.”

“Aigoo.. Just take a look at him. The way he stare, look like he going to shoot me with his eyes!!” He gets nervous.

You chuckled at him. “Cut it Oppa, no one going to shoot you!!”

“Arasso! Arasso! If after this you didn’t see me at the class you know what happened to me!” He was making a scene in his head. “I should take his photo.” He took out his phone.

“Are you kidding me? What’s that for?” You looked at him in disbelief.

“At least it will be easier for you to catch the murderer.” He said as he capture what he claim ‘the murderer to be’ picture.

“Stop it Oppa!!” You tapped his phone down. He’s been so engrossed with ‘the murderer’ and sometimes he got distracted by him. After 30 minutes, you’ve finished your discussion.

“We’re done!” He shouted then his eyes looked at that person. “That guy still is looking at us!”

You let out a small sigh. “Stop it Oppa! So you’re going home?”

He nodded. “You want me to send you home?”

You shook your head. “No. I still want to buy something before going home.”

“Okay, but be careful. Arasso!” He said as he packed his stuffs and put it in his bag.

“Arasso!” Then both of you walked to the door and parted. You walked along the shop lot and you know he is following you. How should I face him?

 You were having a deep thought when suddenly someone grabbed your hand making you turned to him. Both of you are staring at each other. You can see the anger in his face.

“I can’t hold it anymore!! Whether you didn’t see me or you want to avoid me!! Pick one!!” He burst out.

“I..” You give him an apologetic look. “You hurt my arm Oppa..”

He slowly let you arm go. “You’re avoiding me Aryoung. Did I do something wrong until you have to avoid me? Don’t tell me you didn’t realize I was following you for the past 2 hours because I won’t buy that!”

You stare at him for a while. “Mianhe Oppa but I think we should stop seeing each other…” You said not looking at him.

“Waeyo?”

“It just.. I prefer it that way…”

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Another update from me!! :)

For my lovely subscriber and 'subscriber to be', ENJOY!!!

Please comments and subscribe XD