Chapter 4

My Happiness Is You

 

You woke up after 2 hours of sleeping. You looked around your room, it’s already dark. Then you switched on the light and went to bathroom to take a shower. Many things keep on playing in your mind during the shower especially your sister act this evening. You just couldn’t understand it at all. After finished taking a shower you put your clothes on and walked out from the room. You passed Hyomin’s room but then you step backward and stopped in front of her room.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

You knocked the door but no response from her. You cover your ear at the door try to listen to the sound inside the door. Since the light is on so probably she is in her room. After a while you decide to twist the doorknob and luckily she didn’t lock her door so you just opened the door and take a peek inside. She was at sitting in front of her laptop with the headphone covering her ears. No wonder she didn’t listen to your door knock.

Neon jeongmal y nun y ko y ip y love

Nae nunen modeunge da y

Oh y eyes y nose y mouth don’t you know

Oneul nan nega jeongmal y

No no no no can you feel my love

Nae mameul neukkinayo

She sang along with the song.

“Unnie..” You called her. No response.

“Unnie..” You raised up your voice a bit but still no response. She is so into the song. You went closer and patted her should making her flinched forward, shocked.

She quickly turned to you. “Yah! What are you doing in here?” She looked at you in disbelief while unplugged the headphone.

“I knock the door but you didn’t answer me, and since you didn’t lock the door I went in.” You explained.

She turned back facing the laptop again, ignoring you. “What do you want?”

“Have you go and see daddy?” You asked her.

“No.” She answered you unconcerned.

“Unnie, you should..”

“Urghhh!! Stop nagging at me will you?!!” She snarled at you, leave her seat and stand beside her bed. “I don’t come home for you to nag at me!”

You moved closer to her. “Unnie, I just want you to see daddy. That’s all.”

“I’m sure that old man will be just fine!” She picked up her phone and sent a message to someone.

“Unnie.. can’t you..”

“I think you should leave!” She pushed you to the door.

“But..”

Bang!

She slammed the door. “Unnie..” You knocked the door.

She opened the door in anger. “You know what, I’m going to see him later!! Is that okay with you?? Now leave me alone!!” She shouted and closed the door hard.

You let a sigh and walked to your dad’s room.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

“Come in..”

You opened the door and walked to your dad who is lie down on his bed reading a book.

Your dad who sees you came in give you a smile. “ Aryoung-ah, come and sit here.” He patted the bed.

“Daddy..” You sit behind him on the bed and give him a hug. “What are you reading?” You asked and turned the cover of the book.

“I just get bored so I read this book.” He answered you.

“Daddy, you should rest.” You slowly take the book and put it on the small table next to the bed. Then you took off his spectacle and also put it next to the book.

“Aigoo..My Aryoung worried about me.” He said as he pinched you at the tip of your nose.

You chuckled to his action. “Yes. You shouldn’t make me worry about you.” You pouted at him.

He hold your hand in his. “Mianhe..”

You shook you head. “It’s okay. Just don’t get too stress out. Arasso!!”

He stared at the hand’s grasp for a while before looked at you. “Is your sister coming home?” He asked you.

“Unnie already in her room. She will come here to meet you later.” You informed him.

He nodded his head, understand. “I have a lot to discuss with her especially about the marriage.” Your father patted your hand. You know he worried about the marriage he had arranged.

“Daddy.. I think..”

Suddenly someone barge into the room. She stand in front of the room looking at you and your dad. “I’m going out. No need to wait for me because I might not go home tonight!” She said.

“Unnie..” You stand up.

“Hyomin-ah. We still need to discuss something.” You dad voiced out.

“Discuss about what? I don’t think there’s anything need to be discuss between us!” She said being annoyed.

“About you marriage!!” Your dad cut her.

“My marriage?” She looked strangely at your dad then at you. “I guess Aryoung didn’t tell you about that huh?” She scoffed.

“Tell me about what?” Your dad turned and looked at you.

“I’ll leave both of you to settle it down. I’m going now, bye!” She said and walked out from the room.

“Aryoung-ah, what is it you don’t tell to me?” Your dad demanded an answer from you.

You bit your lip and looked at your dad. “Daddy, don’t force unnie to get marry anymore.”

You dad looked at you blankly. “What do you mean Aryoung-ah?”

“I.. I promise unnie that I will replace her for the marriage.” You said slowly and looking down at the bed.

“You what!!” Your dad shocked hearing your confession.

You see your dad shocked with the news and quickly tried to calm him down. “Mianhe daddy. Don’t get angry with me..” You pleaded.

You dad breathe deeply. “Did your sister force you to replace her?”

You looked at your dad and shook your head. “No. She didn’t. I’m willing myself to replace her.” Your voiced down.

He lift up your face. “Aryoung-ah, I know my daughter better than anyone else. Don’t lie to me. Your sister must have done something, that’s why you want to replace her. Don’t you?”

“I just want her to come home and stay with us. I want us to live happily like before..” You looked at your dad.

“But do you have to sacrifice yourself like this? This is not the first time you sacrifice yourself for her. I think it’s more than enough.” Your father grasps your hand tightly.

“Unnie also had sacrifice for me. If it’s not because of her I might not sitting here with you daddy.” You retorded.

“Aryoung-ah..”

“I already made up my mind and I won’t change it. I hope you will accept it..” You said being stubborn. You won’t change your mind this time and you could feel your eyes start to well up.

Your dad pulled you into a hug. “Why can’t Hyomin be like you..” He whispered and gently your hair. You can’t hold your tears from falling down to your cheek when you hear your dad and you hugged him back.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Infinite Club

“Hi baby.” Hyomin s her arm around L neck and kiss him.

L put his hand around her waist and pulled her on his lap. “Hey baby!”

“I miss you.” She cupped his face.

L raised his brow. “Jinjja?”

She nodded her head. “Of course! I always miss you.” She started to kiss him again but L stopped her.

“I don’t think so.” He said as he turned away from her.

“Waeyo? What happened?” She asked him since she didn’t understand his action.

L took a sip of his drink before turned to Hyomin. “Who’s that guy?”

“Guy? Who?” She asked then suddenly she remembered hanging out with you and Minhyuk this evening. “Ahhh… you mean Minhyuk Oppa?”

“Yes. Who else could it be?” He said not looking at her.

“Aww.. Oppa, your jealousy face is so cute!!” She chuckled when she saw L sulked.

“Who is he?” His voice became stern.

“I already say it. He is my childhood friend.” Hyomin explained.

“Childhood friend huh? Why are you holding his hand like that? Looks like it’s more than a friend.” L doubted her action.

“Ohh.. cut it up Oppa! You know I like you and only you.” She ily winked at him.

“Jinjja?” L furrowed his eyebrows. “Then, we should go to my place now.” He whispered at her.

She rested her hands against his chest. “What for?” She bit her lip.

“You have to make it up to me, y!!” He said as he rubbed her arm.

Then both of them walked out from the Club and heading to L’s house.

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Knock! Knock! Knock!

Minhyuk put the document in his hands and walked to the door. When he opened it he can his dad standing in front of it.

“Dad? You still awake?” He asked him shocked and make a space for him to get inside the room.

“Yes.” Uncle Lee sit on the chair and see the document on the table. “Seem like you got yourself busy with this stuff huh?”

Minhyuk sat on the bed facing against his dad. “Yeah. I need to prepare myself since I’m going to start to work next week. So I need to know some information about the company.” He explained.

His dad smiled at him. “Good!” He complimented him.

“So, you want to say something to me?” Minhyuk asked him.

“Actually yes.” He looked at him.

“I’m listening..”

“Me and Uncle Park has come up with a decision.” He started.

Minhyuk looked at his dad wondered what decision have his dad and Uncle Park came up with. “What decision?”

“We have arranged the marriage for you and Hyomin, Minhyuk.”

“What??” He said in disbelief. “How could you do that!!”

“Minhyuk calm down okay! Uncle Park business is going down if we don’t do something about it. I want to help him but it will be great if we can unite both families since we’re already know each other for ages. Furthermore, you and Hyomin already known each other since you were kid. So I thought this marriage wills benefits both families.” He explained.

“But..”

“We already agreed to this marriage. I’m sure you don’t want to disappoint me and Uncle Park, don’t you?” Uncle Lee waited for Minhyuk’s answer.

Minhyuk keep silent for few minutes. “I guess there’s nothing I can do about it since both of you already arranged it.” He gave up.

Uncle Lee smiled upon hearing his agreement toward this marriage. “Good. Now go to sleep. You can read this tomorrow.” He patted his shoulder.

He nodded. Then Uncle Lee walked to his room.

Why Hyomin? He lie down on his bed, thinking of the arrangement of his dad and your dad have made. Why not..? He closed his eyes and your smiling face pop up in his head. “Aryoung…”

 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Uncle Lee just walked inside his room went suddenly his phone light up. He quickly grab his phone and looked at it.

“A message from Ha Joon?”

We need to discuss again about the marriage between Minhyuk and Hyomin – Ha Joon.

Uncle Lee curiosity raise up after he reading the message send by your dad and he quickly replied it.

Arasso! We meet tomorrow at the usual place. But can you tell me what the matter is? – Hee Seong.

It is about Hyomin. I’ll tell you more tomorrow. – Ha Joon

“Hyomin? What’s wrong with her?” Uncle Lee mumbled alone and not long after that he fall asleep. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for comment and subscribe this story! 

I really appreciate it so much :D